It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG director named to Obama tax task force

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Is Obama bi-polar?

or possibly a schizo?

Nothing this guy does makes sense unless you think he's trying to piss everyone off.

I wonder what his teleprompter will say about this?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Don't you see AIG is just a smoke screen for what is really going on in this country????

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I did not vote for either of them - never really felt we were given a choice between the two. But i understand how he got in. People were looking for a change. He was dynamic and all people understand anymore it seems is CELEBRITY. He is cool. He looks good on the beach. He alleviates much guilt by being black. He goes on Jay Leno after election. Hell he fills out ncaa brackets on espn. He is our true movie star president. He is not who worries me though. Presidents have ADVISORS. They don't just make decisions without consultation. OTHER PEOPLE THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA TOO. That's what is so maddening. Yes this is disappointing but I see a lot of eyes opened because of it. A lot of supporters just threw up in their mouths. THEY (TPTB) are tipping their hand and starting to appear not as smart as maybe once thought. I see hope from this stupid blatant in-your-face-cocky action

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm not surprised that the Obama Administration picked a former AIG executive to come work for the administration. I am definitely glad I did not vote for him. My father voted for Obama and I my father told me the other day that he regrets his decision. I wonder when the sheeple will wake up.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by BanzaiBoy]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
*joins the list of people who regret voting for Obama*

Now, please, someone hit me with a car.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451
Don't you see AIG is just a smoke screen for what is really going on in this country????

AIG is not a smoke screen. The whole "bonus" issue that has gotten so much media attention, sure, that's a smoke screen. But the entire AIG scandal is a very large symptom of the problems we're currently facing.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Of course the white house won't comment. That *SNIP*sold us all out, and why should the chosen one tell the peons anything?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/28/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm extremely surprised one of the devout members of Obamamaniacs hasn't posted yet how this is Bush's fault! Everything else Obama has done so far has been, why not this?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

They won't do it. Some people just refuse to see things for how they are...still playing politics and not realizing we are all getting screwed over.

Support HR1207!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Manwin

I have the gut feeling, that even if said person were elected, against overwhelming odds undoubtedly, the moment he or she stepped out of bound we'd have another JFK. We'd have another prez 'Assassinated' by a 'Terrorist'.

Chrono

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Finally, the real reason these appointments are being made -

Breaking News: Barack Obama prepares for UFO arrival, open alien contact

Barack Obama is in almost daily contact with ... the aliens directly.

Souce : All News Web

Whew !!

It all makes perfect sense now - mystery solved !!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
How many people are in this country?
How many big buisness men are there in this country?
And he had to go and pick yet another *SNIP* from the most foul company in America. What a crock.
I hope he chokes on his lasagne later on.
That will be change I can believe in.
Someone needs to get this donkey out of office.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I can't believe I fell for the change message! After he staffed his White House with the same old politicians I had my doubts, but I was willing to give them a chance. Not anymore! I'm going to be Independent from now on. Should have written down Ron Paul like my conscience told me to! Putting someone from AIG on an advisory board??

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
All I can do is shake my head and laugh a bit. Yeah, laugh. You know, like Obama said on Leno, sometime we need a little gallows humor when things aren't going well. Hmmmmmmmmmmm........gallows. Now there's a thought to explore.
Just more "gallows humor".

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You could say he knows the system better than anybody.

If his intentions are good, it's a good move, but there's too much on his plate to be crooked now - you know, with everyone watching...

Give it time, it can't get THAT much worse

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The first thing that concerns me, at first, is that Obama himself is becoming associated with the scenario that is unfolding before our eyes.

I know that we are almost, in a sense, "programmed" to think in terms of faux-ideologies and political rhetoric. Of course, I am not meaning you guys, but out there on the web it's generally discussed in terms "Obama" this, and "Obama" that.

I find it hard to grasp how the man could have been the "architect" of this glorious opportunity for the collective body of the Banking industry (the cartel) to become a POLITICAL force without which the planetary community cannot exist?

Call it what you will, it doesn't sit well with me that they are embedded (perhaps 'entrenched' would be a better word for it) within our governments. I suspect few nations would tolerate the level of 'buy-in' the elite leadership have adopted, if they could see it. It will be difficult to convince the entire planet that as their influence has increases in society, the general tendency of human suffering increases along with it.

The main problem that faces our nation, and the rest of the word as well, is that:

A: many of us honestly believe in whom our political parties offers us to elect (politicians,) although they are demonstrably disconnected from us, and

B: the psycho-babble (media "information") that is spewed at our eyes and ears incessantly.

Our first line of defense had been a free press....

As things stand now, we are on our own..., "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country."

Sadly, in American at least, the media keeps separating us into heritage groups, or religions, or anything that might distract us from the idea that we are all Americans, and need to reclaim our country without their help. Because they are NOT going to help us, and the political celebrities they foist on us aren't going to either.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I wonder what his teleprompter will say about this?

...are you saying he is the FIRST President, or first person to use a teleprompter???....EVER???

...talk to me when you've gone back in time and gotten Dubya to pen at least ONE of his own speeches.......................................and not *SNIP* it up!

Obama writes about 70% of his speeches himself (there are much more articulate people employed to 'dress up' his messages, but they ARE his own messages)....

I think you should stop listening to "Rush Limp-now" and get your own material...

[edit on 28/3/2009 by TailoredVagabond]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
It gets worse day by day.

The line that sticks out most to me is this...

"The White House declined to comment on the story"...

In other words,"We do not have a good reason besides ones that suit OUR agenda, so we will just not say anything at all".

Eh, give it a week or so and then Obama will come out and say that he wanted to make sure he knew what he was talking about before commenting like he did over AIG's bonuses.

For all the talking he did about hope and change, things sure do seem to be looking worse every day. Maybe that's what he really meant. That we would all start losing hope when faced with the coming change.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I warned everyone I knew about Obama. Even before they voted. I have posted on this site and pleaded with my reps. in congress and the senate. Tens of millions of people feel exactly the same way we do right now. Tens of Millions!!!!!!!

This has to STOP now!!!! WE have to act now, and if we don't, life as you have known and loved it will be gone forever and you will never get it back!!!!!!!!!!!

There is alot more going on here than what meets the eye.

WE THE PEOPLE HAVE TO ACT NOW. We must first try the peaceful way and we must all or as many as we can get, go to washington in mass and demand that reps. listen and do the will of the people they represent.

THIS IS A GRAVE EMERGENCY THAT YOU ALL ACT NOW AND GO TO WASHINGTON AND LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one wants what will happen if we don't act now.

PLEASE, AS A VETERAN AND CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY, I BEG YOU NOW TO GO TO WASHINGTON AND BE HEARD.

Eye of Eagle

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Honestly, wouldn't it be more shocking if he didn't get this position? I'm so numb to the crap now, their resolve to be blatant a holes is greater than our resolve to do something about it, sadly the internet has replaced the angry mob since we all just type how pissed we are instead of lighting the torches and grabbing the pitchforks. I'm obviously guilty too, I accept my part of the blame.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join