It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uninsured Motorist-Watch Out-Big Brother Is On To You

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Good Morning,
I have to agree that insurance rates are far too high these days. Having said that, driving without insurance is the most retarded thing a person can do.

Imagine a circumstance where your uninsured vehicle injures a pedestrian. Even if said pedestrian is in the wrong, in most places the person without 2 tons of steel surrounding them is in the right and you become responsible for their injuries, loss of work, loss of future income, rehab etc.

In the case of a motor home, sitting for much of the year unused, if that motor home were to accidentally roll over an destroy someones property or injure someone, again, you would be personally responsible (if it were your motor home).

Banks require any vehicle with a loan against it to be fully insured. That includes "Personal liability and property damage" as well as the optional collision insurance. This protects them if your car is hit by an uninsured motorist, a hit and run or an act of God. In this case your insurance would pay to fix or replace your vehicle.

By not having insurance on your vehicle you are asking, no make that begging for your future to be turned over to whatever moron arranges it so that you hit their car or their person, turning yourself into their financial slave.

Yes, I agree that the insurance industry is totally ripping people off. However I also agree to play along as I will not turn my retirement years into financial servitude to someone who probably shouldn't have been driving in the first place. in the grand scheme of things, $130/mo is a small price to pay to keep the jackals at bay.

Thanks for reading...
Ex

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I really wouldn't mind this database if I can get a guarantee, written in black and white, by my state that my insurance premiums will decrease by 20% or more.

Otherwise, I just see this as tool for government to get more money out of hard working people who are already having a tough time making ends meet.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Another problem i have with the insurance laws is that you have to get insurance on the cars.

If i have a car and a truck for work i have to buy two vehicle PLPD (Public Liability and Property Damage)policies.

Now this is a scam as i can only drive vehicle one at a time.

Insurance PLPD should be on the driver not the vehicles.

If the auto company that sells you the car wants you to have loss insurance on the value of the car that is not not a problem.
But i have never bought a car with a loan i alway payed cash so i never needed any other then PLPD

But the PLPD insurance should be on the driver. and you should only have to buy one policy and it would be good for any vehicle you drove.

this would make it very easy to tell who has insurance as a one policy insurance could be linked to your drivers license if you do not pay your PLPD insurance your drivers license is void.

This also would allow you to drive any vehicle if the insurance is payed.
no having to worry if the truck your boss has you drive has insurance on it.
yes i have a friend that lost his drivers license because the company did not have insurance on one of there trucks and he got stopped.

There are a few companies that have illegals driving vehicles that are not insured. Then turn around and when these vehicles get stopped claim that the vehicle was just a yard vehicle and the illegal did not have permission to drive it. I have reported one company that did this all the time here in calif But nothing was ever done to stop the company from doing it and the owner even bragged about doing it to his illegal workers.
At worst these companies have to pay a tow charge and few days of storage when the cops impound it.
And of course the illegal get deported. But its easy to hire another illegal.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
We have this system in the UK (as earlier stated) where police can spot the uninsured motorists easily. Of course the system is flawed and is exploited quite easily. One of the simplest ways is to have a car with foreign plates as the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) don't keep records for international drivers, and the police consider it too much paperwork to try and track you through European equivalents of the DVLA.

Had a friend who had a really nice green Mini Cooper he bought in Germany, flashed constantly by speed cameras, no insurance, no road tax, no MOT. he eventually crashed his car into a wall and just sold it for scrap. There are laws where they prosecute you heavily if you're found to have abused the system, but then, they do have to catch you in the act first.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
There's no requirement for insurance in New Hampshire.
How does BB sort that one out?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join