It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first sleep paralysis episode (OBE?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Last couple of weeks I've been trying to induce OBEs and I'm listening to some of those binaural beats which can help alter your brain waves to increase the chances of it happening. My dreams have been a lot more vivid than normal.

Last night I listened before I went to sleep, but I woke up suddenly at about 3am, alert but paralyzed. The feeling of pins and needles was all over my body except my head, which I thought I could move slightly. I was completely under the sheets except for my hand which was sticking out the side of the bed.

I got a hell of a fright though when I felt some force come through the ceiling, and it was so real that it felt like whatever that thing was, had both it's hands around my hand (sticking out of the sheets) and it was really trying to pull me up. I felt like I was fighting with it to stop pulling at my hand.

This bit is weird, but I instantly had a feeling that this entity was a female. It's probably part of the halucination but I was so sure, even though I couldn't see what was going on (had my head under the sheets).

This lasted about 15 seconds, and was the most frightening thing I've ever experienced, yet I was happy it happened and I'm amazed at it.

Is this a normal episode of sleep paralysis, or was there an entity from the astral plane assisting me to leave my physical body and go with it? (Out of body experience?)

I might appear crazy, but this is what happened.

Oh, and to the people who have experienced OBEs and know about the spirit world, do you believe that deceased pets souls also carry on after they've died? Just something that's been on my mind.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i bet most people are facing OME instead.

OME = Out of Money Experience

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Wow, what a ridiculous, useless post.

I'm looking for serious, mature answers here.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I too have experienced sleep paralysis many times but not for a while. At one stage if would happen nearly every night. I put it down to stress. For me it was always as I was drifting off to sleep. Scared the k-rap out of me. It seems to be limbo between the conscience and sub-conscience worlds.

I never experienced what you did but it was terrifying for me as I could not breath or move at all but I felt completely conscience. I would, in desparation/panic try to shake my body and make some sort of noise to alert my (trained) girlfriend to wake me up.

I don't get them anymore. I heard that a possible cause is that it's a common but poorly understood side-effect of recreational "nightclub asprin" use.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Personally I don't know a lot but I do know somethings.

Okay with out sounding Crazy too, I'll describe somethings that might shine a light on your situation.
I need sometime to gather my thoughts

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan
Of the bat you must be careful when doing these things. Hopefully you are.

I think your experience can either fall into 3 categories. I'm not an expert but I know it falls into the 2nd.
1) short term possession
2) opened your chakras
3) Astral Body not yet returned to Physical body.

All 3 you'll feel a state of paralyzes.

I think your case falls into the 2nd point because of the waves you were listening to.
I will explain, gathering more thoughts.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan
You might had done this by accident, or may-be not and by the way opening seven chakras is pretty hard to do, coming form an inexperienced student like myself.

I stumbled across this information from the study of REIKI, MANTRAS, Yogi Theories...etc..etc.. now I'm not a good student I just know through experience.
a) you where listening to something that brought your energy up artificially.
b) you where probably in a slight state of meditation and sleep; you went straght to Lucid dream/magic state...I call it that.
c) your body was relaxed then it paralyzed
d) you might have heard low buzz noises, or some kind of repetitive noise, over your ears, face. When it happens again pay attention.
e) The experience felt good, it wasn't painful, you might have felt nervous but at the end it felt gooooood.
f) It will happen again if you allow it to.

Now I'll explain why you might not been or have been ready for this experience, and not have left you a bit confused.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It took me forever to get my thought's together, I had to edit my words, sorry
Chakras are force centers or energy centers. Think of it as whorls of energy permeating from your physical body. Such as heart,crown,pineal gland, throat , etc. First the energy will start unblocking your chakras than it engulfs you. To some it might feel like its on top of you, a powerful energy. Yes scary.
Some say its a Yin/Yang effect (male-female). For example your male and the energy feels like a female. This experience might feel good at the end but it will unblock parts of your chakras that your not ready for.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The last time I experienced this I was in utter and total terror, as I felt something evil present in my room when I opened my eyes. I would rather give you an advice not to think about it again.

The mysterious thing about sleep paralysis is that if you think about it, it will happen, and if not, it propably doesn't. I don't know why this is so, but it is one of the consistent things that people report about their experiences.

What comes to reality, you cannot really grasp that at all when you are experiencing your paralysis as everything that you see or feel will appear as real as it can be. There is no way to prevent your mind from keeping these things real until afterwards, when you think about it. For what I have experienced, it is impossible to deduce your mind to realizing these things are not real by understanding that they aren't. The mind will believe although you may realize what you are seeing is not real.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Another thing I will want to point out is the fact that if you happen to believe in good forces and ask or help, be it god, allah, jesus, whatever, your paralysis will go away. I don't know why this is so either.

Another thing I don't really understand about my expreriences and experiences of other people, is that it is always something evil like a demon or evil spirit, but never a good intenting god, jesus or some other figure in religions.

[edit on 28/3/09 by rawsom]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
By the way You'll know if an energy is high or low. Pay attention to your body and your surroundings. When a high energy is by you or touches you you'll fee a sense of blissfulness, like dopamine is being pumped into your blood. If its a low energy YOU will feel it; like aches and pains; heaviness all over your body, cant move heavy. Thats bad energy.
Once last week I was lol-gagging about something none-sensacl, thinking of how hot so and so was and bam, just like that a heavy thing came over me...I couldn't move, or breathe, it felt so bad, I had to well it out.. my bones felt like lead. I felt like I weighed a ton. In situations like that breathe, stay calm, say a prayer, but stay calm.
In other situations such as positive meditation and music therapy brings high energies to you and they will try to engulf you if you let them. By the end of that you'll feel as high as a flipping kite in the sky.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I really think the entity was a good energy, and I felt that it wanted to assist me in some way. This is strange because most of the sleep paralysis accounts talk about an evil entity, or that the person feels fear or dread.

It was exciting and I felt like I was on a high during the brief moment that it happened. I was a bit scared at the beginning, I guess the first time is always a bit of a shock.

I hope I have another positive experience soon

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
From the time i was 8 years old, for many many years, I would have to take part in seances with my family, as my father was a "spiritualist". It scared me at first, for a long time, but as time passed I wanted to go into trance like my father did. The manifestations where incredible in our family circle, holding hands, while singing. I grew to know that life after death was a "very real" thing.

Even at these times, the greatest results were obtained when we all felt love for each other for some reason. We would always pray before also. The dangerous thing with this, is that when you open other realms, you don't know what spirit you will receive, even with prayer.

The bible says: "Do not be in contact with familiar spirits", it didn't say it wasn't possible. In fact that statement implies the opposite because I know it is real. I saw it.

All I can say is "don't consciously indulge in these realms, unless its the realm of God". Its dangerous and deceptive indeed!

I have repented for these things as a child, and never felt more free. The reality of the realm of God is greater than anything I have seen and experienced as a child, and I wish I never divulged into the realms, that can be very evil and demonic.

It can affect every aspect of your life, in a very erroneous way.

Anyway, that's my truth and experience.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
and bye the way, I suffered what you call "sleep paralysis" many times, but not any more. Don't be deceived.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Yea, i've had the same thing happen to me, here my post on my experiences My ATS post.

It makes me wonder what is really happening, because we are pretty much caught between the subconscious and conscious minds..perhaps there is a "realm" there and when we wake up, we see someone peering into our world so to speak..makes for great scifi fiction *grins* But it is a phenomenon i would like to see researched.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The problem with this is the fact that all research done into the subject has taken it for granted that there is no such thing as religious truth or paranormal experience. Basically, all researchers either fully believe in paranormal realm or outright dismisses it as fantasy. Therefore you cannot find an objective study on this subject anywhere. Granted, it would help a lot of people if they just understood that what they are seeing is hallucination, but then again there just may be an edge of mind which is able to grasp other dimensions or something. Quantum consciousness quickly comes into my mind.

You are going to have to choose to either believe in this stuff you are experiencing or not to. It is your choice, as it appears real and whatnot. You must do this decision sooner rather than later. I, personally, haven't decided wether spiritual things are real or not. For me, all that appears as evil.

[edit on 28/3/09 by rawsom]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
I really think the entity was a good energy, and I felt that it wanted to assist me in some way. This is strange because most of the sleep paralysis accounts talk about an evil entity, or that the person feels fear or dread.

We all as humans, tend to feel fear when we are facing the unknown, but there are ways around that.

First, remember you are one and unique, get to know yourself, understand what's good about you, and what's bad about you, this means, learn to know your bad side and accept it, work on that and improve, get rid of all the bad things you may find in yourself, as humans, we can't really achieve perfection, but we can improve a lot if we really want to.

Once you are aware of who you really are, you need to 'name yourself', which means, give yourself a name, based on who you are and how you feel about you, that name, when pronounced, must represent everything that you are, this is just to help you bring out your true self, you must not end up believing a name represents you, you are you, your soul and you are the same, a name is something of this world, that in reality doesn't have a meaning beyond our material world, but it will help you to focus on your true self. Do not fall into believing that name is your true identity, you will find it is not, and will fail to achieve anything good, it will betray you and you will end up lost and confused, or worst.

With that name, once you can say it out loud when you feel an astral projection is going on, you will be able to go into your true 'phase', or in other words, having something to focus on when you feel lost and full of fear, will get you out of it, this is the same as when you say a prayer, because it helps you to focus on something powerful that can save you every time, whatever is going on, you know there is something bigger than can help you.

This is a little hard to explain, but if you work on knowing yourself more, it eventually will come to you.

Have you noticed how some people enter a room and everyone can't avoid looking at them? as if something was going on in that part of the room? those people are full of light, even if we are all the same, we are not, which means, there are several people who were born with more light than others, and that shows, people notice that, even if they don't know exactly what's going on, but remember, light doesn't mean good, demons are full of light, they are divine beings, it just falls to a simple thing, understanding good and bad is not easy to do, good things can cause bad things, and bad things end up causing good things, we can't really understand all that, our physical existence won't allow for that.

This is not easy, but you should feel glad you are one that can look that deep into the true meaning of life, because you can see beyond this world, you must practice and go without fear, as it is said in the bible:

"thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me"

Keep that in mind, there are evil entities that will notice your light once you are 'awake', meaning, when you are capable of astral projection, your soul is free, you are capable of higher things than your human body would allow, but that also means, you are a different one, you are a soul, a high spirit, full of light and that light is something precious for good and bad entities, which will try to either protect you, or damage you, but, once you are sure of who you are, you can call that power you have placed on yourself by having faith in all your virtues and even in all the bad things you have inside you, if you call upon that power, you will be able to get free of whoever is trying to damage you, because you are closer to the truth and to God than anyone who denies himself/herself a chance to understand the good and bad things about them.

Everything lies in knowing the truth, and learning to live with it.

If you feel you are being attacked by a evil entity, you can simply say 'stop' and if you meaning it, with faith, while really believing in a higher spirit force, what most people call 'God', then it will stop, it can't harm you, but if you are weak, and fall for your own weakness, then don't try it just yet, first work on your understanding of life and learn who you really are, then try it again.

It can be hard, it can be easy, it all depends on your faith, which in turns equals how strong can you be at any time.

Keep trying, don't let anyone say you can't or you shouldn't do it, if its happening to you, then there must be a reason right?

I don't know what chakras are, i have never experienced that, but i have experienced 'astral projections' lots and lots of times, for years now, and i have learned a lot, but not in that way, for me, those are not 'astral', and those are not 'projections', i mean, instead of that, for me is very simple, that's when i leave this material world and become myself, full of me, not blinded by my simple physical mind.

At least for me, the term 'astral projection' sounds a lot like something who has never achieved that would call it, because, once you can do it, there is nothing 'astral' about it, and you understand it is not a projection at all, quite the contrary, this life is the projection, that one is the real thing, but i guess its just had to be named somehow right? nevermind that at all.

Good luck!

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
People who practice, yoga, tai chi, and chi Kung will now more about the process of opening ones Chakras. Some might practice this to find their center, or god consciousness; or to cleanse out their aura. Some might listen to sounds, while meditation. Its almost similar being in hypnotic trance, because of the repetitive sounds and breathing that meditation brings from your ( Your Pranic). Some focus all their energy on their feet and the energy slowly moves up through their spine. Students of this practice say it's focused energy from with in you. Once your feet feel heated it moves up like A FIRE BALL. You might be vibrating for a moment, because its very powerful. The energy you made goes on "Automatic" and it starts moving up from your (Root-feet) to your (Sacral-reproductive area) to your (solar Plexus- stomach/digestive system)...on..on tell it hits all 7 Chakras. However, this process takes time. The energy unblocks these systems, once its unblocked it moves up. Some people feel orgasmic during this process. This feeling doesn't stop but increases as the energy continues to go up the Chakra. Then it hits the heart, (Heart chakra-Thumus), which is in the chest. Students may feel the energy over their body or on their chest, remember this is a huge force for some. The sensation is either hot, or very cool. During this state one should not feel pain of any sort because its not painful.
The energy continues up toward the throat, the brow, the Crown. That's if you haven't stopped the process already. Once it hits the Crown- Pure consciousness/ which in the middle of your forehead. The energy should be released through the base of your skull. However, on the ladder side if there's to much energy at your Crown with out a release or with out the energy going back down to your root. It might cut a fuse or cause a bust in your Crown Chakra. I've read other peoples warnings about the situation.
More advanced students control this process instead of the Automatic version. Also the Yin/Yang effect, in which a male feels the energy as female and vise versa. Think of it as a balance effect since the energy came from you.
Ancient people practiced this method of awakening the soul; Hindu's, Tantiric Buddhist and including ancient chinese medicine. But we must realize that this process should take a life time to master. Ancient trainers had guide lines on how to live their lives, and self-sacrifice, obedience, rituals of meditations, a discipline life style .etc
Controlling ones energy is a tough task but once you've felt and now what it is, you don't need to fear.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
hey you know whats the answer for the supposedly "sleep paralysis"? the only thing that you can move and if you wanna get the hell out of that situation is to WIGGLE YOUR THUMB/s...!!!! yeah funny but it works... if your paralyzed awake.. wiggle your big toe/s..yeah just like what uma did in kill bill... if paralyzed at sleep.... wiggle your thumb!! i've just revealed the answer that kills hundreds(perhaps thousand) per year.... thus destroying the balance of nature... i'm so dead.

top topics

join