It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what do we do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
My satellite bill just went up $10 a month out of nowhere. Well needless to say I told them that they can go fly a kite if they think that they're really worth $50 a month. So they must be off flying a kite somewhere because we parted ways as of today. In Russia they pay $20 a year and get just as many channels as any American company provides. Get the picture? Once you have your equipment in place it's all easy from then on but no, there's always the greed factor to contend with. And this got me thinking.

If this entire game is about to be brought to it's knees as in a global meltdown what will we really do?

For example, who among us will still be able to afford internet service with hyper inflation? There goes our alternative news in one fell swoop. And that's pretty much it folks... Do you all realize this? Once they've shut down our information the game is over.

How will we communicate with each other then?
How will we know what's actually going on anymore?
How will we know that round ups are occuring?
Are any of us besides emails really keeping in touch with each other as in networking?

Should we not start a ground crew forum here like they did over at Project Camelot before it became a paysite?

People, we might just be.... Oh, kinda vulnerable when you get down to it.

Did you all know that even the big motorcycle clubs (gangs to law enforcement and mind you I don't subscribe to calling them gangs) have disaster plans and drills as far as meeting up and going to secure locations? And that's the motor cycle clubs which impressed me when I found this out!
What are middle and lower class Americans, British, German, etc. who are Above Top Secret frequenters going to do?

I'd appreciate any comnments, suggestions or even lechtures at this point.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The reason the prices are so high is to make it so expensive that people won't be able to watch T.V or get internet or use their phones. That prevents people from talking to each other and communicating.
Just another step in the NWO.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CNRHKick
The reason the prices are so high is to make it so expensive that people won't be able to watch T.V or get internet or use their phones. That prevents people from talking to each other and communicating.
Just another step in the NWO.

Well I agree with you.

But shouldn't we be starting ground crews or clubs of our own? Once we're isolated from information and contact with each other then I think we're lame ducks in water. Cooked ones at that.

I mean, because of the internet I'd say it's a fair assumption to give it credit for waking a lot of us up. And certainly with keeping us up to date at this point. It was alternative books before that but who will be able to afford one in hyper inflation.

Or am I wrong?
Should we be exploring what other people did in the last great depression? Like riding railroad cars or how to keep your shoes well past the wear out time. Or how they kept in touch with each other?

I know that there are Tribes and things like that on the net. But what are ATS folks doing? Anything?

I must be overlooking some things here.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
take all your money out the bank.
get supplies mostly food long life food.
sit tight.
i'm not sure if groups is a good thing or not so i'll be going it alone and getting back to are roots (the woods). but i'm from england and i dont know what to sugest for americans your gonna have it harder than anyone i think. if you need other peoples support then you gotta make a group but groups will be easier to find than one person.
as for internet and find out what you need to find out and print it off. the news, well you should know sh*t is happening and thats all you need to know and when it comes close run.
but honestly i dont know what to do just go with the flow and be as prepared as you can, and good luck to everyone and really good luck to americans.

peace out

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by iwannaseethisshipgodown

I appreciate your honesty. And by the way, I've been to England and must say that you all are a very decent bunch of people who will help each other out quickly. I also learned to separate you all from the deeds of your government which in being of Irish descent I used to have a difficult time doing. I've experienced English hospitality before and it blew the doors off of anything you usually experience here in America which will be a definite advantage for you all when it comes to banding together for support.

Also whenever I see a person who is sporting an English accent I tend to drift towards them just to see if they need some help that I could offer. Such was the generosity that I experienced when there which I feel obliged to return when the situation comes along.

Many of the other things you just said are sobering and on par with what I've been suspecting.

I do wish that we would network more is all. And perhaps the reality of the situation is that there's really not much we can do besides prepare for our immediate families.

I mean let's face it. Distances between people in the know might just become an insurmountable obstacle in such times. Self reliance might just become the most crucial factore. I suppose a Barter system might just come back into play too.

I might be best served to stock up on yeast and hops. As I don't know what I'd do if I ever had to go without beer.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Internet is available for free at the library. And also, there are signals floating all over the place.

It wont change. If hyperinflation kicks in, people will still have internet. You might not be able to afford your own personal secure network, but you can grab others. I don't see this changing drastically for many years.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative
Internet is available for free at the library. And also, there are signals floating all over the place.

It wont change. If hyperinflation kicks in, people will still have internet. You might not be able to afford your own personal secure network, but you can grab others. I don't see this changing drastically for many years.

So you don't think that when hyper inflation hits that they won't use that as the time to introduce their own new secure (for them) internet?
After all we've got internet poo pooers like Senator Rokefeller calling the internet our #1 thread potential. Wouldn't that be the time for him and his buddies to go full court press and do away with what we take for granted as of this present date?

Internet 2 I think is what they're calling it.

But I hope that your right never the less and that they fail to realize the opportunity that would be before them if complete financial collapse was to polarize everything for a while.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
There is strength in numbers, trouble is, not too many people are trusting enough to open themselves up to strangers. My own family(most of them anyways) think I have lost my marbles. But that's ok, I, and my mother know what's happening. But I'll tell ya something, there will be no place to run or hide when the crap hits the fan. This is the reasoning for the now here microchipping, gun laws, new laws to control our food, laws for higher taxes, and the coming hyperinflation. Once hyperinflation hits, it's game over. The biggest reason I see for the delay in the nwo right now is they haven't gotten our guns yet. Plan B, from what I understand, is that the first targeted ones will be the people on social security, and disability. These people will have to take the microchip or lose their federal funds! So, just how many God-fearing people will that get? Several million at least! Bad, hard times are a-coming! We haven't seen nuthin yet!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thewind

I imagine that as far as the microchip is concerned that they'd also make it compulsory for people who have very little public sympathy like rapists and child molesters. Not saying that I have much sympathy for those types either but it would be an opening of the doors to desensitizing the masses. Once that's done it will leap to convicted criminals of all degrees and then it would be a avalanche of chipping pretexts for us all.

You seem even more cynical than I do though. And I agree about the strength in numbers hamstringed by the lack of trust that runs rampant in our society now. I just wish it was different is all.

Part of me believes that something is going to help us somewhere along the lines. As if we have cosmic or angelic friends too (and I'm not a Christian mind you) who might help us out. I mean, haven't the bad guys had their fair run of unfair perks for the last few centuries?

Don't we get a lucky break every once in a while? The last lucky break (if you can call it one) that humanity has gotten that I can see was the Black Death. This forced the elite to concede a middle class. Maybe the Internet was a quasi good break too as I'm inclined to believe. Perhaps the next lucky break won't have to be so horrible for the common folk I hope.

Besides, if the evil forces (elite, or whatever you term them to be) win and we all get chipped, who will want to incarnate here ever again? Won't it be game over for life here period?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 3DPrisoner

I myself won't take the microchip. I am a christain, and I am ready to let satan put me to my first death, for the flesh is all he can have, for God will put me to my second death if need be, and the second death is permanent and the one we need to fear! I don't fear satan's first death at all. I do believe that I am in good standing with God though, and that's all that matters to me!

new topics

top topics

join