It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police tags children as potential terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Two hundred schoolchildren in Britain, some as young as 13, have been identified as potential terrorists by a police scheme that aims to spot youngsters who are "vulnerable" to Islamic radicalisation.

www.independent.co.uk...

This phony war on terrorism never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Depends on your perspective. I think it is about time the UK start addressing it's cultural problems but instead if you try to speak out against Islamic extremists in your backyard you are labeled racist and bigots.

Teddy Roosevelt was a wise man. Below is a quote that hold firm to any country who receives immigrants from abroad.

maranatha777.wordpress.com...

www.truthorfiction.com...

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American…There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flagWe have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

"Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country."
- Theodore Roosevelt

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

and that is a loyalty to the American people

Sounds just like gangster gang banger talk. Of course, the line between patriot/nation and gangster/gang-turf is a pretty thin one. I've never really considered myself a gang banger or citizen, so while everyone else may think of me as a US citizen because I was born on their turf, I've never felt loyal to any gang/nation, and thus I think of myself as merely just a person, one that doesn't play gang banger games nor waves their little flag/sign and colors around.

new topics

join