It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Premonitions in dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have lately been having premonitions in my dreams about really small things in my life like last night I had a dream about fixing the bolt in my front gate, the bolt had been stolen (duno why) quite a few months ago and in the mean time we were using a stick to keep the gate shut. In my dream I went to the back of my garage to my wifes dads tool box (not mine) which was buried under loads of boxes and to be honest I forgot it was there until my dream, I took out a long bolt and a rubber stopper like thing from the tool box and mad a crude bolt for the gate.

This morning out of curiosity I went into the garage and dug out this tool box I found a long bolt and found a rubber cap from a motorbike spark plug and made a crude bolt for my front gate which seems to work perfect.

This is not the first time I have dreamed of something and then in one way or another it has came true the next day, down to the finest detail which is the bit that gets me the most. I have even got a promotion at work because of it.

What I want to know is, is there anyone else that this happens to and how do you amplify it to bigger events if that is at all possible.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I often have similar dreams but they are only loosely related to the next day's events. Still, enough to make me notice and think it's a little too convenient to be coincidence. I would love to be able to enhance this.

The sub-conscience has a far higher processing ability than we realise. You may have walked past the gate and not thought too much about it but your sub-conscience did and remembered once seeing a bolt that would do the trick. It then put two and two together and presented the solution in the form of a dream while the conscious mind had no idea.

Then again it could be something beyond our understanding.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Minotaur

I too have things like this happen pertaining to my family or myself. It's usually small things but when it happens it's like de ja vu. I sometimes wonder if it's just me picking up clues that I dont notice in my daily awake life and working them out in my sub conscience. What happens to me more is not in my dreams but I will have a gut feeling about something about to happen and then it happens, now that kind of wierds me out. I have no clue how to accelerate it or hone into it but it would be something to look into and read about.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minotaur
I have lately been having premonitions in my dreams about really small things in my life like last night I had a dream about fixing the bolt in my front gate, the bolt had been stolen (duno why) quite a few months ago and in the mean time we were using a stick to keep the gate shut. In my dream I went to the back of my garage to my wifes dads tool box (not mine) which was buried under loads of boxes and to be honest I forgot it was there until my dream, I took out a long bolt and a rubber stopper like thing from the tool box and mad a crude bolt for the gate.

This morning out of curiosity I went into the garage and dug out this tool box I found a long bolt and found a rubber cap from a motorbike spark plug and made a crude bolt for my front gate which seems to work perfect.

This is not the first time I have dreamed of something and then in one way or another it has came true the next day, down to the finest detail which is the bit that gets me the most. I have even got a promotion at work because of it.

What I want to know is, is there anyone else that this happens to and how do you amplify it to bigger events if that is at all possible.

A bolt and a rubber cap? Freud would have told you, you were dreaming of putting a condom on

I know, lame joke. On a more serious note, these kinds of dreams have always fascinated me, they are a testament that there is a higher power.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This happens to me a lot also but in my dreams I look a lot further than a few days. I generally look about 6 to eight years into the future in my sleep. I have looked as close as a few days. I have a sleeping disability where I fight sleep relentlessly and uncontrollably. I can go for a few days before my body gives out and I fall asleep. I have found that I am jumping into the future. It is like jumpping off a cliff. The higher the cliff the further I jump, that is to wit, the longer I stay awake before I fall asleep the further into time I peer. When one exhibits this quality that means you have some size to your spirit. Think of it in covering lightyears for instance, to see that far you must be that vast in your mind. The only objects in the Universe, that cover those distances are black holes and dark matter. A supermassive singularity (black hole) may measure significantly less across than several light years but if you were to travel into it and to the other side, you would come out several light years away. I believe that our minds are like the living representations of stars and heavenly bodies. Some of us are regular stars like the sun and others are more like the supermassive black hole that the galaxy revolves around. In my case I seem to represent a couple of massive galaxies and have the power to look at things many light years into the future. There are black holes all over in my mind and my mind uses them all as neural net pathways. This gives me a very quick mind. Try to think bigger before bedtime in order to see bigger things. If you are seeing the future a few days before things happen then your measurements are consistently light days across. Take notes before bed and when you wake to give you reference, log your dreams and when they happen write that down as well, if you want to know how big you are. If you want to see farther you must find a way to cover that distance of space in your mind, this can really burn the mind because the only way to cheat space is dimensionally through black holes. If you are seeing ahead you have found a singularity (black hole) in you mind and this means you are a massive star at heart. Mass covers space and bends it, a singularity bends time back onto itself and therein is the future observed. Your creator may be signaling you so pay attension to your dreams. Learn to speak to your subconscious mind because it is amazing and can show you the secrets of the Universe. Don't ever fight with the subconscious mind because that part keeps you alive with its dependability. Have you ever been able to hear others thoughts and feelings? This is another ability that comes with the singularity and it is best to develop it well. This takes time, and really is easy when you finally know yourself completely. You can practice it by finishing someones sentence for them when you connect with their mind. Connecting with other minds is very important because they are representative of a heavenly body somewhere else. Connecting to them gives you a connection from where you are to where they are. This can be clear across the Universe, so, do you see how I am describing to enlarge and grow. A warning though if you have a mental illness like schizophrenia the stress of connecting with other minds could destroy you, as that is what their problem really is. They can't handle these pressures of collapse/exploding and avoid everything. Are you bipolar because massive minds usually are arranged with polar extremes and cycling between the two exremes.Of the dreamers/singularities I am host having over 4 billion suns mass at the primary core and the power to see very far into the future I have leapt over 25 years into the future in my dreams and can dream in the first and third persons at the same time. This means in my dreams I can see out from my eyes and also from above at the same time. I always talk to myself so when I dream it I have a verbal cue in my dream that tells me details of what happens.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Angel One]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yes, I have experienced the same, only in a slightly different matter. You should try to become more aware of your dreams, remembering what you have dreamed and keeping it in mind in as much detail as possible. The problem is that if you experience a deja vu, you are noticing it in the very moment it happens. The target is to know beforehand that a deja vu is going to occur. Hard to explain but I'm more than happy to go into detail if you will.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I have had many dreams like this. They use to freak me out but now I just take it with a grain of salt. It happens and to me it's no big deal anymore. I had one one time where I saw an exes engagement announcement in the paper and well the following week it was. It was just like I saw it and it freaked me out! I had one last night about a customer I had not seen in months and I am wondering if I will see him today. That would be interesting.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The subconscious takes thoughts that we have been focusing on recently and combines them with each other in new ways (creation by association). Then it spits out the ideas for our conscious mind (the pattern recognizer) to critique. This happens constantly but is more obvious while dreaming. If you think about it, you never dream about anything that isn't a combination of previous experiences and imaginings.

And since reality too is constructed with currently existing information, then it's expected that much of the same ideas found in dreams will also be found in reality (the great shared dream). Like our personal dreams, reality only manifests that which has been thought of.... but unlike our personal dreams, reality manifests new information in such a way as to mesh with everyone's belief system (free will). In other words, dreams are easier to control, but you already know that.
But every once in a while, dreams and reality are the same, or at least very close. Our mind is like a mini-universe.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have noticed this thread, and thought about posting on it, but had refrained, because the things I have, to tell, are my unprovable stories, and they're pretty wild. I just HATE that whole incredible-unprovable-story thing, and I know it can annoy others, as well. But here I go anyway, I attest that these reports are True, so help me God.
My mom has had the gift of psychic and precognitive dreams. One morning, back in the spring of 1979, I emerged from my bedroom where I lived at home with family (parents, siblngs, pets,) in the state of Illinois. Came into the kitchen and saw my mom standing there looking dazed. Her face was ashen. Like someone shocked. Of course, I queried. She described having just had a horrible lucid nightmare of a large airliner ascending off the runway at Ohare Airport in Chicago, but then it went right down. Crashed. I -think- it was about a couple or so, days later, that Flight 191, a DC-10, went down at Ohare on May 25th. Close to 300 people were killed, and it is the worst air disaster in US history. 400 ft up, its portside engine fell off, severing the hydraulic system.
Years prior to that, back in 1969, I recall mom telling me about her scary dream of a group of women and one man, all dressed in black, running away, as she viewed them from behind. A short time later, the Charlie Manson Family were apprehended.
I have mentioned occassionally, here and there in this forum, my ufo sightings from 1978-to-1980, during a flapwave. Also experienced high strangeness incidents, during. Only following such, did I begin to have my own psychic and precognitive dreams. On March 30, 1981, John Hinckley shot at President Ronald Reagan, as the President was emerging from the Washington Hilton in DC. Some (weeks or months) prior to that, I SAW it EXACTLY, in a dream of mine. Shortly before 9-11-01, I had a horrible nightmare that a very tall skyscraper was falling strait down over (not imploding) on to me, as I looked up at this. More horrifying to me, was that this building was completely engulfed in flames.
I believe that these kind of phenomenon tell us something important about the true nature of time and reality, that we cannot consciously discern.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by simonecharisse
I believe that these kind of phenomenon tell us something important about the true nature of time and reality, that we cannot consciously discern.

Or maybe we can. Some experiences regarding deja vu and oddities in time gave me insight into developing a theory where time is 2-dimensional. Some things in the past and future currently exist and some things don't because details are still being filled in, new events are being created in between existing ones. We're all connected to that, but some (like you) are more aware of that connection.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

Most fascinating, kruel, that makes a lot of sense. What do you think of the role that 'tachyons' might play in all that? I heard long ago, that tachyons relate to this stuff we're talking about, so I did a search. I came across this --just tremendously intriguing-- article. I'm just enthralled by it. It's called Nonlocality With Time Reversability. Excerpts From The Unconscious Quantum: Metaphysics In Modern Physics And Cosmology. 1995. And you JUST CAN'T BELIEVE that this is from none other than Prometheus Books, the reputed publishing arm of the DREADED CSICOP. I'm taken-aback. It begins, "Some think quantum physics can provide nonlocality without glazed eyes. J. P. Vigier has pointed out that an aether consistent with causal precedence and reletivity can theoretically exist. THIS HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR SOME TIME, AND NOT REGARDED AS TROUBLESOME." Wha?! Continuing in the third paragraph, "No doubt, the idea of motion backward in time makes a grevious assault on common sense. The world just does not seem to operate that way, as our ever ageing bodies testify. However, to a particle phycisist, raised on a diet of Feynman diagrams, motion-backward in time, is not all that disturbing." Please check it out, it's not very long, and I understood it, for someone who barely made it out of high school. ( I call myself an "H.S. D'Meritus")
Well, here's the link. www.colorado.edu...

[edit on 28-3-2009 by simonecharisse]

top topics

join