It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't get Recession, Depression, why it's happening.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Ok so people create currencies and everything and it's valuable as long as people believe it is. Then we are all happy and living good. Then something is the circle and flow of money goes wrong and bad, and people become depressed and prices shoot up, and people go hungry and jobless.
People can still live, and eat like they did before, but all of a sudden they can't because computer numbers say that they can't????? What is wrong with people?
This reminds me of when I was a kid and made up rules to my games, and I actually believed all the rules I made. This sounds like what is happening in the world right now. The US goes into a soon to be depression, and it will turn into a world wide depression. People won't eat, won't have a place to live and die??? What has changed between the time that they lived happy and well, to the time when the entire world is poor and hungry? Just the value of a piece of paper?

All that people depended on like food, humans, trees, land is still there, but people just stop using it, because they decided to be in a made up depression?

Someone shed some light onto my head, because it seems to me that the whole world is playing a child's game where they made up their own rules, and somewhere in the game something whent bad, and instead of ignoring the " GAME's " rules, they continue to obide by it.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You bring up a good question. Shortly after the 911 attack the news was all about the effect on the economy. I asked one my customers if he would change his spending habits and he said yes. When I asked him why he had no real answer.While can see that the entire world economy is struggling,in my opinion the media is partly responsible.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

I believe you might need to watch this video from Frontline. It explains why everything is so bad and connected.

Frontline Video

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redneck from Hell
Someone shed some light onto my head, because it seems to me that the whole world is playing a child's game where they made up their own rules, and somewhere in the game something whent bad, and instead of ignoring the " GAME's " rules, they continue to obide by it.

Everything we have created in our economies goes back to investments and how they are doing in the markets... Its not as simple as you are making it out to be above.

If the markets are down, investments are down, expansion is down, profits are down, therefore jobs are down, money supply is down, people buy less, people sell less, people have less etc.

Markets go down for a number of reasons..

People don't need to just believe in a currency for it to be strong.. investors need to want to buy it and sell it.

All that people depended on like food, humans, trees, land is still there, but people just stop using it, because they decided to be in a made up depression?

Not made up by the people.. made up by the system that has been in place and developing for 1000+ years.. We're not advanced enough to be able to live without a monetary system like this.. probably wont be for another few hundred years.

Its unfortunate.. but thats capitalism at its direst.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So why don't we go back to how things where before? For the good of humanity all countries agree that things should go back to normal, and things will flow well again.
All physical things are still here, other things like computer numbers can be restarted as long as all countries agree for it to be.

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE.

top topics

join