It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infared ufo footage. Real or light trickery?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ive often wondered this for some time. Scanning through the various infared ufo footage on youtube, there seems to be a lot of these infared videos.
Just to give an example of a video: www.youtube.com... (sorry i dont know how to embed)

Ive actually spoken to this person who lives only a few miles away from where i live and he genuinly beliveves that what he captures on his camera are ufos. I myself am very interested and would love to totally belive that they are, but i cant stop myself from thinking that they are some sort of light trickery. I admit that i havent got the slightest clue when it comes to photography but it seems strange you can only see them in the suns glare(so he tells me anyway). Sorry if im not explainig myself very well, but i think you get the jist.
I know some of the posters on here are more clued up on this subject that i am, so it would be great to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
welll i think its very possile they cloak themselves. being visible only in infrared has its advantages. But i am having a hard time wrapping my head around why they can only be seen with the suns glare.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I recently filmed a strange object and posted the video on here, using the infra red from my camcorder. I never saw this object with my naked eye and only saw it on the screen of the camera. Maybe they have found a way to surround themselves with lightwaves outside of our visible range and this is how they appear invisble to the naked eye. We just cant see the lightwaves. I dont know.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Great vid, Im on the fence tho it could be geese but until I see them do something a bird couldn't I cant say on this one. Still IR is the way to go!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
First of all, the fact that something is seen with infrared light and not with visible light does not mean it is "cloaked", things may look like the background, making them "invisible" without being really invisible.

If the UFOs were moving in a different way or not in the direction of the wind I could accept it better than just because it was filmed in infrared.

Also, the common cameras that film in infrared are not filming only in infrared but also in infrared, they are still using visible light.

The best way would be to have several filters and being able to change them during the filming, that way we could know if these things are really invisible in visible light or just have a similar colour.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
yeah i realised that too, the camera originally recording using the night vision also used daylight to brighten the shot so I made a IR filter that only allowed IR light through and blocked any other light. ie, if the nightshot mode is off, nothing at all but a black screen is recorded, but with the nightshot in it would capture only the IR wavelengths. This was the setup i used when i captured the strange object.

top topics

join