It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama vows to defeat Al Qaeda!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
UI.S. President Obama vows to defeat Al Qaeda!

Elements of Mr. Obama’s plan...more robust combat force, emphasis on training, foreshadow an ambitious but risky and costly attempt to unify and stabilize Afghanistan and Pakistan. The president is unveiling his approach at a time when the conflict is worsening, the lives of the people are not visibly improving and the intervention by foreign powers is increasingly resented.

Obama said that "an uncompromising core of the Taliban" must be defeated militarily.

With a bloody suicide bombing near the Khyber Pass underscoring his words, President Barack Obama adopted a blunt urgency Friday in warning that the situation in Afghanistan was deteriorating and in need of the extra troops, benchmarks and money he was calling for in his new war plan.
‘‘The situation is increasingly perilous,’’ the president told government officials, top military officers and diplomats at the White House, presenting the conclusions of a review he ordered when he took office in January.

www.iht.com...

[edit on 27-3-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
BS! BS! BS!

obama will bend over and take it from whoever. you want proof of this?

the obama adminstration has erased the "war on terror" from its vocabulary as well as "enemy combatant."

the new term for terrorism??????????????

"man caused disasters"

"overseas contingency actions"

this is our government a joke if i have heard of one.

liberals/democrats have handed terrorism its victory.

when theres another attack on us soil dont say wont happen its just a question of where and how bad.

and we people finally acknowledge the stupidty of liberals/democrats you wont see them in power for a while.

pretty much somes it up with this americans have a short memory and attention spans and until we have anotehr 9-11

[edit on 29-3-2009 by neo67]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
didn't bush promise the same thing? and this is change right?

i am far far from an obama backer but, when there is another attack on US soil, it will be the same people as before the USA/NWO/CFR

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Obama vows to defeat Al Qaeda!

How's he going to do that when he won't even acknowledge that it's a real war?

Overseas Contingency Operation is what Obama has directed to be the term used.

If the guy doesn't even understand that we are at war, how the heck is he going to win?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
oh he understands its war, but its much better for his image to not call it a war, you know that technicality that all those bastards use

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
just to see how far they have taken this out of context???

Good god, Al Queada int a real thing.

Al Queada is a list of terms, people and ideas in a C.I.A. database.

Bin Laden didnt create it.

Middle east terrorists didnt create it.

The C.I.A. and N.S.A. did.

So does by him saying this mean we are going to defeat our alphabet agencies?????

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Al Qaeda has already been defeated...so that he can credit for it, he pretends they still exist or matter. He then makes a speech, signs some documents and sends some troops to tour the region for photo ops of his victory.

The war is already over, he just a political opportunist.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Oh thank goodness. I'm sure glad Obama has promised to save us from all these horrible "terrists".
I'm willing to place good money on him fulfilling this promise in much the same manner as all of his other promises. Which is to say, he generally does the exact opposite of what he promises to do.

Terrorists should be psyched. Obama's fixin' to give them a nice boost.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Prolly' handin out guns and bombs to the real terrists' now.

I do beleive youre on to something, and i nominate you for the "true word of the day award"

If i find a trophy, ill send it to ya!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
www.mthband.com...

Here ya go!

Official true word of the day trophy!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
just to see how far they have taken this out of context???

Good god, Al Queada int a real thing.

Al Queada is a list of terms, people and ideas in a C.I.A. database.

Bin Laden didnt create it.

Middle east terrorists didnt create it.

The C.I.A. and N.S.A. did.

So does by him saying this mean we are going to defeat our alphabet agencies?????

alright war on the Alphabet!!!

Line 2

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
al queda is not defeated. terrorism still exists just becasue a symptom may not be as dangerous as it use to be does not mean that it still cant stike out agian.

the price of freedom is eternal viligence. that means...

as a sovereign power the us will always have enemies always will to deny this and go back in to complacency will spell the death of this country.

the death of this country will be at the hands of liberals/democrats.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by neo67]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Alphabet soup for everyone!!!!

I got that saturday morning cartoon thing goin in my head, cant think of the name...

The schoolhouse rock one... someone help me here please....

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Kinda hard for us to defeat an organization that was an expansion of CIA power. Clone Wars anyone?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darky6K
Kinda hard for us to defeat an organization that was an expansion of CIA power. Clone Wars anyone?

Im glad im not the only one thinking this way.

I felt very alone for a while here!

Thanks for chimin in!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I don't understand. I thought the war on terror was over?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is what bush said 8 years ago..its the same thing all over again..i wonder how much money obama and his wench wife are gunna exort from the public and military on this one!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hard to defeat Al-Qeada when they are in a total different country or countries.

To tell you the truth, I am more concerned about the off brand of Al Qeada than I am of the real thing.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
As long as they are busy fighting/plotting terror attacks in Pakistan and Afghanistan, they don't have the time or resources to plot/carry out terror attacks in the US. The Pakistanis and Afghanis are no particular friends of ours, they just hate Al- Qaeda and the Taliban just a little more than they hate us.

new topics

top topics

join