It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Freedom Tower

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hello One World Trade Center! I thought this was a joke but apparently not.

Source:

What do you people think?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I just read this on my local news. Kind of unsettling, if you ask me...I dunno. The name just doesnt sit well with me.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Heatburger]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Notice how its called "One World" Trade center. World gov is coming no dobt on that. And also notice how its 1776 feet high. The year the Illuminati formed...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
They probably realized that calling it the "Freedom Tower" was too ironic, considering that the 9/11 attacks resulted in freedoms being restricted. It also reminds me of "Freedom Fries" and "Freedom kisses". Too much propaganda for me.

edit - spelling

[edit on 3/27/2009 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShakeNBake
Notice how its called "One World" Trade center. World gov is coming no dobt on that. And also notice how its 1776 feet high. The year the Illuminati formed...

I've pointed this out time and time again. 1776 is an important number to the US because of the Declaration of Independence. Why do people keep forgetting that?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ShakeNBake

My thoughts exactly, regarding the "One World" aspect. They're starting to supply vague little hints into to mainstream, as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious_Agnostic

I've pointed this out time and time again. 1776 is an important number to the US because of the Declaration of Independence. Why do people keep forgetting that?

It's also the supposed birth date of the Illuminati

Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened") is a name that refers to several groups, both historical and modern, and both real and fictitious. Historically, it refers specifically to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1st, 1776.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm aware of that. It just seems that every time somebody here sees 1776, they seem to freak out without considering that it may be because of the Declaration of Independence. That seems to be an option that is ignored too often.

The "One World" part is a little creepy, though. I'll admit that.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What is kind of interesting is that prior to 9/11 the buildings were known as...

World Trade Center
now....
One World Trade Center.

What puzzles me is that both under definition really mean the same thing. What is the significance of the word One, in relation to this topic?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
According to Wiki,it's supposed to be 1 World trade Center
maybe that makes a difference,
BTW,a nightime impression I have seen makes it appear
a bit like one of Alex Jones's owls...i'll have a look for a link!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is almost too funny. First the NWO blow up the towers then they call in a "One World Tower" I can't believe that they have such hubris that they would actually call it this but at this point i don't think they even care that we know anymore.

The know that the ones who are awake can't be tricked so they just work overtime on the ones still asleep by just inundating them with "one world" propoganda.

Even for those who think a "one world government" would be good just know that the people in charge of it will be the same people that are now and lets just say they are absolutely terrible at dealing with both social and economical problems so when there is no longer partitions to somewhat isolate such problems we will be in even worse shape than we are now.

This is for the mainstream supporters on a global government for those of us awake we know that the power elite essentially want most of us dead so this will just be a better system to do that.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oh screw it, I'll just be labeled an ignorant sheeple for it.

[edit on 3/27/2009 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Without saying where I stand on this whole 9/11 thing, I just want to say that when I first read it, I thought of it like every other building or house in the US. It's the address of the building. The building is on World Trade Center and the building number is 1. Like 123 Main St. Now, if it was called "New World" Tower, then it'd be suspect.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It was the one World Trade Center prior to the catastrophe!
I remember thinking how NWO that sounded!
I am so mad about this and this morning I heard that the chinese government is leasing space there and maybe THEY don't like "The Freedom Tower"!
That and the fact that 8 years later, so LITTLE rebuilding has been done!!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Here's a link to a daytime impression of what the tower should look like
in isolation,it'll be interesting to see how it appears along with the other
towers when they are finished.
It's interesting too that the winning designer of the new WTC,Daniel Libeskind designed another wacky creation,(The Jewish Holocaust Museum in Berlin,which has a lot of hidden symbolism) which just happened to open on 9/11/2001.

upload.wikimedia.org...

[edit on 27-3-2009 by mach6]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to Laylapost by mach6

Just to add,the word one is a anagram for "Neo"which means "New"
or sometimes,"The one"

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Now that I know why they're changing it (to please the chinese), I regret labeling the name "Freedom Tower" as propaganda. I hope they change it back to rub it into China's human-rights hating face. Why are we giving in to them?

The change from Freedom Tower was revealed Thursday at a news conference where the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey announced the signing of the first commercial lease in the building to a Chinese company

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 3/27/2009 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Nice catch! I never would have saw that they hid the year of the Illuminati in the measurement of the building. No doubt they did that on purpose. Such a strange measurement. Why not just make it 1800 feet? Why 1776 feet?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I kinda like the sound of it.
It's not that baaaaaaad Not baaaaaaad at all.
Kind of grows on you.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mach6
upload.wikimedia.org...

Thanks for the picture mach6.

I'd like to know what specifically makes this tower less susceptible to global destruction if hit by a plane. Especially since it is well over 500 feet taller and made of steel with an aluminum facade (at least that is what it looks like without seeing the structural documentation).

As far as the name. I didn't like "Freedom Tower" anyway. It was a smack in the face when we realize that we have no true "freedom".

<<   2 >>

join