It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW South Carolina triangle plane UFO pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I just stumble across these and thought someone here might be interested in taking a gander. real or fake I don't know but I think it loosk man made like an X-plane or something.
source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8bbcdf4be91e.jpg[/atsimg]

It looks like others that have been snapped recently. Sorry if repost or other foul.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It looks like a Waverider, but they're being tested out west in California. It could be an RC version of one. The Waveriders are capable of Mach 6+ theoretically, but require a rocket booster to get up to speed to get the engines running.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It looks like a Waverider, but they're being tested out west in California. It could be an RC version of one. The Waveriders are capable of Mach 6+ theoretically, but require a rocket booster to get up to speed to get the engines running.

I hadn't heard of such a thing. Any reason behind the name "waverider"? Does it ride waves? Here are blow ups and brightened versions. You can see a little depth on the tail fins and tail maybe.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/965fd90b678d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4924780afa8a.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't understand how those cocked tailfins are of any use. Do they stabilize the vehicle?

This thing??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf6877c32b27.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 27-3-2009 by mandroid]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yes, something about the sharpness of the photo makes it look very close to the camera, which tells me it's a small craft.

My guess is some cool RC plane.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroid

A waverider is a hypersonic aircraft design that improves its supersonic lift-to-drag ratio by producing a lifting surface built out of the shock waves being generated by its own flight, a technique known as compression lift. To date the only aircraft to use the technique is the Mach 3 supersonic XB-70 Valkyrie, which was waverider-like with its drooping wingtips. The waverider remains a well-studied design for high-speed aircraft in the Mach 5 and higher hypersonic regime, although no production design has used the concept to date. The Boeing X-51A WaveRider scramjet demonstration aircraft is in the final stages of development and expected to make its first flight in October, 2009.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

The tails canted inward like that help were thought to help the stealth of the aircraft but they don't do a lot for stability. They tend to keep the vortexes created by the tails between them and beat the crap out of the back of the fuselage. They tried that with the HAVE BLUE, and found that the inward canting also reflected the exhaust back towards the ground. The Waveriders are UAVs though, that for now, won't be used in any kind of combat situation. They're only doing research with them.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here's a couple that turned up on a google search for "UAV waverider" I guess although it looks like a straight model airplane. The tailfins and body shaper are similar but not the same as the original picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7cca13568400.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df45ff398564.jpg[/atsimg]

I have a triangle plane shot in the Southwest US in mind for some reason. By Groom lake of course. TR8 sort of bird.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yes, something about the sharpness of the photo makes it look very close to the camera, which tells me it's a small craft.

My guess is some cool RC plane.

I guess if you could reproduce the RC plane it might help. I don't think unexplained flying objects are required to be fuzzy, in fact that is the usual complaint. Maybe yes maybe no.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks these pics SCREAM out fake???

second line

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

second line

Bring it dude. Reasoning. Lay it out for me. Not saying they are real but you know.... post pictures instead of mocking the suggestion. I saw it and posted it. No agenda but the truth.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

second line

Nope, you are not the only one.

My useless 2nd line.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

second line

Nope, you are not the only one.

My useless 2nd line.

Where can I pick up my application for the men in black?

2nd line

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Fake or RC, I'd say. Interesting design though, the shape is designed for speed rather then maneuverability.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Already being discussed here.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting photo though.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
Already being discussed here.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting photo though.

my humble apologies. I searched the database for South Carolina UFO and came up with a thread on a ding on a windshield being sold as a UFO. Is there anyway to bring up recent threads in search more effectively? I do hate double posting so close the thread if needed.

edit:

i guess not

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
As mentioned this is being discussed in another thread please continue discussing there.

Thread closed.

happy posting.

spiderj

top topics

join