It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet? Spiral anomoly? UFO?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I saw this and i was like oh its a comet... A fast moving comet... Oh wait wtf! I wonder if anyone else has seen this.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
wow cool vid i'll look into this one more.. star and flag

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
I saw this and i was like oh its a comet... A fast moving comet... Oh wait wtf!

LOL I realized how apt this response was when I was watching video...and had exactly the the same reaction.

The only thing I can think of is vaguely similar videos of missile testing where it appears as if an object comes of of a trail a little like that. But none of those spat out a spiral. Very weird. I look forward to other posts perhaps clarifying this.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Comets do not appear to move when observed with the naked eye since they are usually a long way from us, and therefore even their high velocity as they zip round the sun is hard to perceive.

This is much closer to home, and is footage of a rocket being launched into space.

The same video, and ones like it have been discussed here on ATS before:

What is happening here, Alien travel?
UFO leaving a Wormhole?? Amazing footage!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I know I found it today and watched it and I really can say I've never seen anything like that before. A missile making a perfect spiral??????? What??

[edit on 27-3-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

It's out of control. "Cartwheeling" so to speak.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have seen these videos, there are multiple copies and this event has happend a few times around the world, the conjecture consensus I have read was that it was e.t.'s using worm hole type technoligie, and that the footage was of their aeival in our space time, kind of leading me to belive the interdimensional traveltheories. In one of the versions on you tube you can clearly see a small ball shaped object couming out of a tube, like smoke trail, what I thought was wierd is that they stayed illuminated for several minutes after the objects are gone.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Old vid. Been debunked on here before...
Something to do with missile or something.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

could you give us a link or some directions please?

Ohhhh i liked the music by the way.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

This is much closer to home, and is footage of a rocket being launched into space.

By the way you refer to it with certainty, I gather you are not guessing. You sound like you know exactly which rocket and the occasion of it's launch. Can you give us any more details? Did it crash? I gather it must have if it was "spiraling", as you say.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I've seen this a thousand times. It's a stage of a missile rocket. I'm sure this was just normal testing around San Diego.

Debunked. Deny ignorance.

O-315

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Very cool video. Whatever it is, I would guess that the "projectile" or nucleus has passed out of view of the camera person, leaving behind a vortex of gas emmisions. That's just my off-the-cuff-semi-informed-point-of-view. We see a solid body moving upward at an approximately 50 degree angle and then the spiral. I think the solid body moved to a place where it was no longer illuminated, and an off-gassing of vapor or other emissions with some sort of particulate created a vortex. I've had occasion to witness vortices in the wash of high-speed objects (jets, rockets) leaving the Earth's surface.

Much appreciated OP. I've not seen this one before.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by organism315

I'm not busting your chops. I'm just saying.......... I'm not certain that "deny ignorance" is the right phrase for this thread. I think the OP was asking a question, or series of questions along the line of "what is this?" I don't think the OP was trying to claim the video depicted a UFO, just posing it as a possibility. It's difficult to KNOW what we are seeing. I, too, have been around missile launching sites over the years. I doubt I've seen thousands, but at least several hundred.

Anyway, peace to you. I'd be thrilled to video such a sight. Just because.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by organism315
I've seen this a thousand times. It's a stage of a missile rocket. I'm sure this was just normal testing around San Diego.

Debunked. Deny ignorance.

Isn't this a video from Tomsk in Russia, rather than San Diego?

I too suspect it's probably a rocket but if a someone made equivalent claims about something definitely being an ET craft they would be hauled over the coals and made to prove every detail. Here, C.H.U.D. simply states "it is a rocket" as do you (although you appear to get the continent wrong despite being "sure"). Come on people, I too suspect it's probably just a rocket or a missile, but provide evidence for your statements of "fact" just as you would insist of anyone who claimed it was an ET/UFO. Alternative explanations require proof just as the ETH does.

I'm not saying you can't back up what you've claimed, I just would like you to do so rather than expecting us to take your word.

(PS I know you provided links C.H.U.D. and I'm working my way through those threads. I haven't found proof of this explanation for this video so far, just assertions. But I'll keep looking. If you know of proof for what you stated then maybe you could point it out. Thanks.)

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Isn't travelling a little slow for a missile? Ive seen Missiles and they go a lot faster than that.

Also it if went out of control over a town, wouldn't there be a lot more witnesses, seeing how it either must have self destructed ( standard procedure ?) or crashed near by, either way a bang or explosion would have occurred, waking anyone sleeping I would guess.

I don't accept it's a Missile, is there any more footage? surely when the camera man jumps up when he loses sight, and tries to find it again, and at that speed, would it be hard?

My opinion for what it's worth, it isn't any Missile Ive heard of, no matter who tries to convince me otherwise.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

internos' post here.

Originally posted by internos
That is an OUT OF CONTROL launch: ask to Anatoly Zak if you want to know more, you can find him here:
www.russianspaceweb.com...
Please, contact him then share here his reply: ask to him about the launch that took place in Baikanur, on September 14, 2006. We are Not perfect machines, we are HUMANS, and we make mistakes: do you know how many people loss their lives because of human mistakes? USA paid the highest price for space exploration, because of HUMAN MISTAKES. This is the price you have to pay mate, but now we know about Mars, Jupiter, Venus, SAturn and so on: even their moons, stuff that we would be unable to even DREAM. And today we KNOW that. Because of space exploration, including MISTAKES. You are NOT exploring the Ocean, you're exploring the unknown.

In reply to this vid:

Edit to add: In response to the second part of your post "did it crash?"

I don't know in this case, but seeing as "what goes up must come down", it's a highly likely possibility. Once control is lost, there's no chance of recovery from that. Usually there is a self destruct built in just for such an occasion. Why it was not used this time (if there was one) I don't know.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Launches like this can be seen from 10's and even 100's of miles away, and the further away you are from something, the slower that something appears to move.

It's not actually over the town, although it appears that way. No one would launch rockets so as they endangered their own cities or towns.

Usually launch sites are on/near the coast, and if anything goes wrong the rocket falls back in to the sea, where it's not likely to do much damage to people.

In this case the launch site, Baikonur, is in the middle of nowhere, so they just launch away from the town: See for yourself here

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
looks like a helicopter shining a searchlight down through a haze or mist.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Hi C.H.U.D.

As I said in my first post here, I suspect that this may indeed be a rocket or missile. I tend to think that if pursued properly, that will probably be found to be the case. That said, this video does seem rather different to the videos of the San Diego missile tests.

However, I believe that all explanations require evidence before they can be accepted. All I see here so far is you and others stating "it is a rocket" and providing as "proof" of this copies of posts of other members who are also simply stating "it is a rocket", one of which says "ask [yet another person] who will tell you that it is a rocket" (no comment from this third party is posted nor does the link provided take us to such a comment - at least not that I can find - nor is any reason given why we should accept this third party's word either, even if we had it, which we don't).

So so far all we have is a lot of statements and no evidence. I find this is often the case at ATS when people proclaim "It is so and so. Case closed. Debunked." Another poster here even wrongly insisted it was an American missile test and on that basis stated 'Debunked" (adding, ironically as it turns out, "Deny Ignorance") Often "debunking" at ATS is done of flimsy to no actual evidence at all. Alternative explanations to ET/UFO also require proof. This type of thing would never be accepted if offered in support of the ETH. You see my point?

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
Comets do not appear to move when observed with the naked eye since they are usually a long way from us, and therefore even their high velocity as they zip round the sun is hard to perceive.

The same video, and ones like it have been discussed here on ATS before:

What is happening here, Alien travel?
UFO leaving a Wormhole?? Amazing footage!

What rocket though?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join