It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Ordered to Report off post weapons...?>

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
ALL ACTIVE DUTY MEMBERS HEADS UP!!!!

Gentlemen,

I am an 11B currently assigned at Fort Campbell. I live off post, with
my firearms (which I don't bring on post for any reason). A very
frightening thing happened at work yesterday. I was ordered to fill out
a list containing my firearm information. This included make, model,
caliber, and serial number of all firearms I currently posses. In
addition, I was also required to list registration information, location
of all weapons individually, and information regarding any CCW permits I
posses. If you are like me, then the people you work with know you have
firearms. So I had to list at least some. I tried to talk to my 1sg (who
is normally approachable through proper channels) to find out what this
is for, and I was basically told, "I don't give a !&@%, just put your
info on the form."

I don't know how high this goes, but I am hearing that this is going on
in other units at Fort Campbell as well. It just seems a little
coincidental to me that within 90 days: the most anti-firearm President
in history is inaugurated, some of the nastiest anti-firearm laws are
put on the table in Washington, and then the Army comes around wanting
what amounts to a registration on all firearms, even if they are off
post, and doesn't provide any reason or purpose as to why. I fear
something really nasty is blowing in the wind here. I have been in
almost 8 years, and never have any of my units asked for this
information. If any of you out there have any info as to what all this
crap is about please chime in. Otherwise consider
yourself warned. I have already posted this on every other firearm forum I
am a member of to get the word out.

Here it is folks. Time to write your congress critters.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I don't have a lot to add other than that I would really like to hear if others who are on base have been asked to do this. To the everyday civillian this may seem like no big thing, but to those of us who look deeper this is a pretty unnerving scenario.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I will be looking forward to any other soldier who can verify this info. I will check with my oldest who is at Ft. Gordon. When I was in the AF, I was never asked about my firearms, only told where I could transport them and where I could not. This is quite scary. Didn't Obama say he wouldn't do any of this when he was running? Oh, I forgot, he's a politician, nevermind.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

This is not a reply to networkdude. wrong button was pushed.

I think you saw this thread and decided to jump in on the action.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm calling BS.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by jd140]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
No actually this information came through the Paul Rever email Network. how it got there I dont know... I'm like the 10,000 person this was Emailed too.... thought it was important and didnt see you already posted ... sry... we are pretty busy around here... to comply with ATS... requires too much time... so if they want to trash can it... then I would understand... but what you guys are not aware of .... ATS trash cans the really good stuff I post... so go figure.... moderation or censorship... battle I wish not to contest since I have ran out of cool screen name idea's...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

so this begs the question, are you an 11B in the army?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Good call jd140 I think your right,

Military demands details on soldiers' private guns

Zelong.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
No actually this information came through the Paul Rever email Network. how it got there I dont know... I'm like the 10,000 person this was Emailed too.... thought it was important and didnt see you already posted ... sry... we are pretty busy around here... to comply with ATS... requires too much time... so if they want to trash can it... then I would understand... but what you guys are not aware of .... ATS trash cans the really good stuff I post... so go figure.... moderation or censorship... battle I wish not to contest since I have ran out of cool screen name idea's...

Now I'm Really confused the First statement of yours is Scary and now this second Statement? WTF. If your serous please amend.

I reckon there's to many people tense in the US for such a loose statement and now a Scatted statement to be made.

Zelong.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Sorry guys - I'm only a 10 year vet.... and I was Navy.... and WTF ...
this is where this stuff needs to be posted... so whats your beef bub...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

This isn't new...

I was stationed at Ft. Campbell from 93 to 96 and the same thing was going on then...

Might not be right, but nothing new...

edit to add:

We were also REQUIRED to store the weapon in the armory...

[edit on 3/27/2009 by chapter29]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

So your OP is a lie.

You are not an 11b. You did not have to fill out a form. You just found this somewhere and decided to post it as your own story.

You don't see the wrong in that...Bub?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
No ... its information... that does not mean - I created it - bub... 98% of the stuff that bornpatriot posts is public domain information.... bub....
want to go for broke... bub

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yea lets go for broke.

Where is the source for your info?

Where in your post did you claim that this was second hand that is not origninally yours?

Your post does not have any of those. Therefor one is led to believe that this happened to you. Since it did not, your post is a lie and against the T&C of this site.

You fail Bub

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
see the title bar.... it has a >?

this email .... came in as is ... on the paul rever network email list... I dont know how I got on this list - so I cant tell you where it comes from or who is doing it.... if you hit reply it goes to a dead mail box... ???? dont know.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

So that little ?> is supposed to represent that you got this from another source? To me it looked as if you hit the question mark and accidently hit the > sign.

Lets just say that you ment this to be info you wanted to pass on.

You said yourself that you cannot verify your source. So why are passing it off as a reliable info?

If I sent you an email saying that a little elf visited me and told me the world would end if we did not stop mowing grass and you could not verify if I was a reliable source are you going to post it here?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I question ... < ? less important > ? high importance ... after the board grinds the post we see where it goes.... and this is interesting ... it appears we have two people damage controlling this post... source required .... source this... ?>

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well as a mod I'll chime in and say that yes it does seem that your original post is clearly speaking in the first person and that this is you personally conveying a story and that this ">" in a title thread does look simply like a typo.

However since I assume that it was not your intent to mislead or knowingly post false information I'm going to let it go and keep the thread open for civil discussion if members feel it's something important to discuss.

Notice I said civil.

Civil discussion. Okay bubs

Okay.

Post on.

spiderj

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Edited due to posting right below a mod post telling people to be civil. Great timing on my part.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by TheDustman]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
You must be from the great south. This is a battle between North & South.

The "North"/current administration is letting in the illegals from the south to dilute the voting base of the bible belt. It is the last stronghold full of guns and patriotism as well as the last bastion of the real american spirit.

The mess in mexico is ALLOWED in to warrant military operations to "protect" the citizenry of the south as they so called clean up the spill over from mexico's "drug wars".

The south will effectively be disarmed one way or another. And now, an opportunistic infection from the southern border will be the conduit to disarm you.

I think people need to listen to Charlton Heston's famous NRA speeches. "From my cold dead hands" might ring a bell. Hold your ground soldier!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
could we have an accurate thread title - to reflect that a single officer made this demand of a single company

this is not ` the military ` it is most likley one newly promoted CO making a hash of reading the huge stack of additional paperwork and responsibility that comes with his new command

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join