It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do masons learn about the "higher levels"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I suppose we have been going about this all wrong. The masons on this forum have been arguing against the belief that there is much more to masonry than the three degrees of the blue lodge and the 30 degrees of the scottish rite, when all the time, we should have been trying to educate ourselves so as not be surprised when the real "truth" is revealed. Please don't think bad of us as we are just not as informed as some other people here. Some of us have only been involved with masory for a couple of years and others have only been involved for a mear 30 or so years, so nowhere near the ammount of time it takes to gain admission to the "upper tier", or maybe it isn't time at all, see, there is my problem. I just don't have the inside knowlege. Could some of the people here who have the secret knowlege of the "upper levels" please share with the uninformed ones? Since we know nothing of any secret plans or NWO type information, I think it would be safe to assume it's ok for us to know this. I for one am tired of being uninformed about masonry. I look forward to being "brought to light".

Thanks in advance for your thoughtfull replys.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hello brother,

I'm not a "high level mason" although I've completed the York Rite degrees. I also belong to a research society www.themasonicsociety.com which has excellently informed brothers from so called "upper echelon degrees". Which would include:

* The CBCS (Martinism) Martinism is an esoteric study based on the elu cohens or perfect preists created by martin De Pasqually. It is Rosicrucian in nature. Invitation only

* MSCRIF (Masonic Rosicrucians) A breakoff from SRIA in england this is the Masonic Rosicrucian order in the United States. Each State is limited to 80 or so members. Invitation only.

"The aim of the Society is to afford mutual aid and encouragement in working out the great problems of Life; and in searching out the secrets of Nature; to facilitate the study of the system of Philosophy founded upon the Kabalah and the doctrine of Hermes Trismegistus, which was inculcated by the original Fratres Rosae Crucis, A.D. 1450; and to investigate the meaning and symbolism of all that now remains of the wisdom, art and literature of the ancient world.

This website is not intended as a vehicle for recruitment of new members. Please keep in mind that each college is limited to 72 members and Washington College has reached the maximum several years ago. If you have any questions about a college in your area please direct them to the High Council."

* HRAKTP (Holy Royal Arch Knight Templar Preists) This is reserved for Commanders of Commanderies in the Knights Templar order. It is also invitation only.

* ROS (The Order of Scotland) This order is based on the legend that the Knights Templar helped King Robert the Bruce in the battle of Bannockburn a few years after the suppresion of the order. Robert the Bruce created the order to thank the "mysterious knights with white mantles and red crosses". It is also by invitation only.

*KYCH (Knights of the York Cross of Honour) The York Rite equivalent to the 33rd degree in the Scottish Rite. It is by invitation only for exeptional service to the York Rite and Freemasonry.

* 33rd degree Scottish Rite. (see above.) Invitation only.

* ROJ (Royal Order of Jesters.) This order has come into the light in recent years in a not so positve fashion. I'll let you do the Google on this one. They are past Potentates of local Shrines. Invitation only.

These are but a handful of the invitational bodies that exist adjacent to the two Rites of Freemasonry and the Shrine. For more information on these and other invitation bodies check here. www.yorkrite.org...

Most of these orders are esoteric in nature and are given to members of either York or Scottish Rites as incentives for service to either or both societies. Other than that you'll just have to join one to find out more about them.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by solomanskey]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by solomanskey

In the intrest of disclosure, do any of these side bodies of masonry (other than York Rite and Scottish Rite) have numbers assigned to degrees? And of course I have to ask the "que scary music" question, are any of them higher than the degree number 33?

I realy do appriciate your reply to this. I hope to be involved with the Scottish Rite more than just paying dues at some time in the future, but I am going through the chairs now, so I am trying not to stretch myself too thin. (if you saw me that would be funny) Do you have any information of what similarities, if any, the Rosecrucian side of masonry shares with AMORC ? Neither seems to be a huge secret, but the descriptions are so cryptic and dry, it's hard to follow.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

In the intrest of disclosure, do any of these side bodies of masonry (other than York Rite and Scottish Rite) have numbers assigned to degrees? And of course I have to ask the "que scary music" question, are any of them higher than the degree number 33?

The Holy Royal Arch Knight Templar Priests have 33 degrees, but only one that is actually worked, and even then only rarely.

Do you have any information of what similarities, if any, the Rosecrucian side of masonry shares with AMORC ? Neither seems to be a huge secret, but the descriptions are so cryptic and dry, it's hard to follow.

The Masonic Rosicrucian Society is primarily a research body. It consists of 9 degrees which are called "Grades", and here, you normally get to the next higher grade by writing and presenting scholarly research papers. It has no connection to or similarity with AMORC.

However, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn was founded by members of the Masonic Rosicrucian Society, and the Golden Dawn used almost the exact same Grade Structure.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

not to intentionally derail, but why do you suppose these different groups use the name Rosecrucian if they are so different? It would seem to make more sense to separate themselves so as not to confuse the purpose of their being.(IMHO) Thanks for the reply.

My initial post was and is to have some of our more esteemed knowlege masters enlighten the unknowing as to when the big surprise will be unvealed.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Once you get into the South, you may be invited to join the building committee.

Or if you practice hard enough you be voted in as a director of works!!

No good deed goes unpunished...lol

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

A few of my brothers are already trying to get me involved with the degree team for the Scottish Rite. Our lodge does the 28th. I would like to do it, but where will I find the time? (other than cutting out ATS time) I think that will have to wait.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If you truly desire to join a Rosicrucian society, then you can do just that without being involved with Freemasonry. The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn being one of many that exist.

At the same time, there would be deficiencies with a strictly male society attempting to instantiate a hermetical order anyways.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I am by no means an authority, but maybe the path of masonry I have chosen will shed light on the structure. I as any other mason go throught the blue lodge degrees, then to worshipful master training so that I can ennter the knights Templar, with a higher degree. I have also been discussing the rate at wich degrees can be utained with a fellow brother in my lodge and he has allready in less thatn six months progress to the 19th degree. The way oit was explained to me is, if you hold the knowlage required for the degree tests and have memorized the dialoge and ceramonie, you can progress through the degrees as quikly as you would like to. After being told this I was starting to lean toward the scottish rite. Good luck and prosperity in your travels brother.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Also I wanted to add , If an individual involved in the blue lodge or entertaining the idea of pledging hasn't done any reseach into what the order is, it's roots, and other fraternal connections available to him as a member I would realy wonder what that individual was thinking they would get out of Masonry. I got involved after 2 years of research following a bad motorcycle crash, where afterward all of my prioroties, and desires had been turned upside down. I chose this path becuase I wish to be an Adept of the Light. Mahab------ Just kiddinglol

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I agree, those non-Masons with all the knowledge should really share it with us Masons so we know what we got ourselves into.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
"Mahabone" i think you meant to say out loud. We get it it's ok. But will you now have to allow yourself to be flayed and quartered for making the utterance?

[edit on 29-3-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
If you truly desire to join a Rosicrucian society, then you can do just that without being involved with Freemasonry. The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn being one of many that exist.

At the same time, there would be deficiencies with a strictly male society attempting to instantiate a hermetical order anyways.

The original Rosicrucians appear to have been all-male, judging from the Fama and Confessio. Societies of Hermetic philosophers can be either all-male or all-female, or co-ed (as were the Golden Dawn).

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Heya Network dude, I couldn't agree more. Those Non-Masons who seem to know all about the "Higher levels" really ought to share their knowledge in order to clear the air, and then perhaps us "Lower-level Masons" would, having this knowledge of the evils of the higher levels,be able to make a choice whether or not to continue on the Masonic path.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

you obviously have a bit more time on you hands than most. Maybe you can shed some light on this perplexing question. How many months/years into the masonic journey are masons invited to learn all about balfamet and the NWO? Is it something that every mason can do, or just the special ones? I only ask because you seem to know waaaaaaay more than the rest of us about masonry.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I know you dindn't ask me, but I heard that the descision about how far you will be edjucated in the craft depends on your marital status and also you answer when asked as to why you would want to be edjucated in the ways of the craft. I answered I wish to be an adept of the light. Since then I have been being groomed by a brother who has been sharing more than allowed to help me progress throught the degree's. I will have completed the first three degress within two months. Also before I have evn finished my pledge process I have the date of my 3rd degree intiation, and award set up with the lodge master. And to Omega Point, I didn't finish so I have not infirnged on the oaths I am to take.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
"Mahabone" i think you meant to say out loud. We get it it's ok. But will you now have to allow yourself to be flayed and quartered for making the utterance?

Dude, you've been reading *way* too much Duncan's Monitor.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
NIce lol, I was starting to wonder about that guy, I even u2u'ed network to see what elaboration he had given. I actually have read richardsons, I have a copy right next to my morals and dogma aswell as my copy of the hiram key wich I stronlgy recomend.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

From my expirience, how fast you progress through the degrees is a direct corelation to how well you remember things. As I am sure you know, there is much to be memorized. I don't think there is anything about marital status dealing with progression, but then again, I have been tied...I mean married for 18 years. So maybe there is something to that. I just hope someone can tell me where to get the decoder ring. I said the secret words in front of the mirror in a dark room and still nothing.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I don't think there is anything about marital status dealing with progression

There technically isn't, but obviously, single guys generally have more time to study!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join