It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crabs feel pain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

After reading this I am in tears. I can no longer count how many helpless crabs suffered at my hands as an inquisitive kindergartener...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
That's why I make sure the water is at a nice steady boil before I chuck those crabs in. Electrocutin' those crabs takes too long and stuff. I mean like if I'm hungry and stuff I don't want a ticked off crab runnin' away. I want to eat.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I feel pain as well.

You know that pain you get when you've eaten too much crab and your clothes suddenly feel tighter.

I feel that pain sometimes. (not often enough though)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

So torturing hermit crabs is called science now? I thought it was called being an (insert lower body part of your choice here)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Crabs are one of my favorite foods!!

I just dump into the boiling water fast, so they don't feel it too much.

At least they don't scream like lobster do, when you put them in boiling water. Hearing screams does bother me a bit..... but they sure are good!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I do like hermit crab races, we used to do those in the islands all the time.

The bars would have special nights just for hermit crab racing.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
That's why I make sure the water is at a nice steady boil before I chuck those humans in. Electrocutin' those humans takes too long and stuff. I mean like if I'm hungry and stuff I don't want a ticked off human runnin' away. I want to eat.

Originally posted by nyk537
I feel pain as well.

You know that pain you get when you've eaten too much human and your clothes suddenly feel tighter.

I feel that pain sometimes. (not often enough though)

Originally posted by questioningall
Humans are one of my favorite foods!!

I just dump into the boiling water fast, so they don't feel it too much.

At least they don't scream like lobster do, when you put them in boiling water. Hearing screams does bother me a bit..... but they sure are good!

This is all I hear now...

[edit on 27-3-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

You are funny, you have something against people eating crabs?

Funny how you changed all the lines.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

All in the name of dramatic effect... But yeah, I won't lie: I've had my fair share of crab meat.

I honestly never thought that animal nervous systems were so complex. It makes me feel as if I'm no different. Of course, my parietal lobe is larger so any pain that I experience is definitely more concentrated in the "self" portion of my brain. While most lower order animals definitely feel pain, I'm not quire sure how centralized such feelings are. In the crab's case, "something" is feeling pain, but I'm not sure an appropriate "self" exists to really understand it...

[edit on 27-3-2009 by cognoscente]

new topics

top topics

join