It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Professional Analysis on this UFO Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ok atser's I need some help with this. This a Video shot by some women in California. To me this appeared to be a blimp. However the women claim that it had a dome on top like a typical saucer.

Also they had multiple reports when they posted it on youtube from people saying they saw the same thing axcept it changed colrs and did other anomolous things.

Here is the testimony from the Mufon Website:

My sister and my friend recorded this object while driving one night using a cell phone camera. The object was unrecognizable due to it size and brightness. When they brought home the video they showed it to myself, one other friend and my parents. At first we assumed it was a blimp, but we thought it was unusual for a blimp to be entirely lit up, (instead of just the screen being lit up)with no logos/ads on it. The object flies in a straight line at first but at 1:04 in the video, it changes directions, going from flying southeast to directly east with no hesitation. After this occurs the object isnt visible for a brief while because it disappears behind a treeline. At 2:30 the object reappears at a distance, having traveled at a faster rate of speed than before.The video ends due to the ladies having to make a left turn away from the object, heading home. The two young ladies were exstatic over what they had seen while everyone else was in disbelief and offering suggestions as to what it may be. My sister also added that with the naked eye, you could make out the top or dome above the light (like the dome on top of a flying saucer). After more people viewed the video, we narrowed down the object to two possibilities: 1 - some sort of non-advertisment (or maybe weather) blimp thats UNNECESSARILY bright. and 2 - a ufo. Not knowing what else to do we posted this video on youtube (titled "ufo? walnut 2009") asking people their thoughts on the subject. A few days later, another youtube user claims to have seen the object later on that night. They claim to have seen the object turn from a white glow to red glow...while rotating. Whether this claim is true or not we do not know. On a side note, i recieved another comment on my video by a person living one city east of my hometown. In the daytime they recorded (on an actual video camera, march 23 09) an object either reflecting the sunlight or making its own light. This object is moving erratically within the same parameters over open land, seemily "skipping" like watching an old vhs tape. I just thought i would include this part being as the locations of the two videos are approx. within 15 miles from eachother. Any response debunking or accepting this video would be much appreciated.

Here is the associated video:

Video

Also here is the youtube video:

Some of the comments reported from people that saw it:

"I saw this [snip] too. I could see it rotate and change direction. It started glowing red, so I thought it was a blimp.....but then as it got closer, I could see it rotate. Yeah, that's no blimp!!!! It was heading towards Pomona-Diamond Bar and then it changed direction and headed towards Ontario."

To me it appears to be a blimp, but some of the testimony has me questioning if it really is. What does everyone think?

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
How can you determine that its a blimp or anything else for that matter when it's such a poor video? I see it but have no idea what it is. Maybe a UFO, maybe a heli, maybe santa clause....

[edit on 27-3-2009 by ls1cameric]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ls1cameric
How can you determine that its a blimp or anything else for that matter when it's such a poor video? I see it but have no idea what it is. Maybe a UFO, maybe a heli, maybe santa clause....

[edit on 27-3-2009 by ls1cameric]

Ok aparantly your no expert, You say you have no idea what it is and say it is maybe a UFO.

Well duh, isn't that what a UFO is?

Maybe you need the complete definition:
UFO= Unidentified Flying Object

Your right it could be a heli or santa clause, because it is unidentified.

I am looking for experts to analyze this, not people that associate the word UFO with Aliens. I want this to be identified and or show some comparison to something similar so we can produce a logical conclusion to what this is.

I for one have researched UFO's for years and can pick out certain details that point it to a logical explanation.

How can you determine that its a blimp or anything else for that matter when it's such a poor video?

Many videos we get are poor quality, however this one in my opinion is not that bad compared to many I have seen.

But to answer that question, it is called experience

BTW did you download the video from the link I provided? It is higher quality.

-Kdial1

[edit on 27-3-2009 by kdial1]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm not a professional, but I can give you one reason why that video is better than the vast majority of UFO videos on the internet: It's got a source video!
I downloaded it. Here's what I've done with it:

The UFO looks very bright relative to the dark night sky. This means it is likely to be overexposed.

Because it is likely to be overexposed I have looked for a section of the video where autoexposure would underexpose the sky. E.g. with the foreground reasonably lit up.

Such a section exists at 39 seconds in when the car approaches a set of traffic lights.

If you look carefully, while the foreground is lit up the object has a tail light (to the left of the oval) - suggesting that the tail wasn't lit in the same way as the body. The object also no longer looks as bright. I don't want to guess a colour because the white-balance of camera phone videos under street lights can be fooled, but it's likely it's a colour other than white, maybe orange.

I'd say blimp, but that's a guess, I could be wrong about that, but I think I'm probably right about the tail light.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I see no ufo in the video.
Only many lights from street lights etc.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I've never seen a blimp illuminate like that unless it was on fire.

That one looks like this one shot by a police helicopter.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Wow Damod that is the first time I have seen that video and yes it is strikingly similar. Thanks for Posting that!

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

Good spotting.

I tried to stabilise that part of the video (but it was not as good as I wanted, the video is very shaky), but the re-compression from the ATS Media Portal reduced the quality of the video (stupid re-compression).

Anyway, this is the result.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Pretty good video (168 MB). There seems to be a flashing light on top of the dome, and one on the left (maybe at the tip of an invisible wing). The shape is unusual for an aircraft, even a blimp. The MJPEG compression in the original removes most of the fine details in the black sky so I don't think stacking software is going to help see it better.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I agree with jackphotohobby in that looks like a blimp. The lighting alone resembles that of most advertising blimps that I've seen at night, especially over metropolitan areas and their well-lit skylines.

The stabilization of the object actually helped a great deal in clarifying this.

I have to add that source videos are extremely helpful.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The AVI file has some metadata:
NIKON S60
COOLPIX S60 V1.0
NIKON DIGITAL CAMERA

No video editing software (VirtualDub / Adobe etc.) marks.
It seems legit, not edited.

The only problem is that the report mentions a cell phone camera - could be a simple confusion.

NIKON COOLPIX S60 is a 10 Mpixel camera, 5x optical zoom camera:
nikonusa.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalResponse
I agree with jackphotohobby in that looks like a blimp.

I agree, the strong lighting at the top makes it look like a dome.
It looks very similar to this one:

Edit: finally managed to embed the video.

[edit on 2009-3-27 by nablator]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Thank you for the correction, it was sloppy of me not to have checked. It was confusion.

I presumed it was a camera phone because it's a 640x480 video. Looking it up 640x480 seems to be a common resolution for a lot of digital compacts, not just the Nikon S60. I've used lots of digital compacts, but never used the video, I assumed they'd have greater resolution.

Note to self: don't assume.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Although the video quality is horrible, it looks to me like one of those internally lit advertising blimps.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Thanks everyone, that is what I assumed as well. The report is what threw me off. People tend to see stuff with their eyes better than a camera can capture it. Thanks again, we all came to the same conclusion.

Blimp

-Kdial1

new topics

top topics

join