It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celente on the News - Collapse Absolute - Reporters Expression Priceless

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
First I would like to say, especially to David9176, you are doing alot!

You take the time to dig, look, study and share, and well lets face it, that's a lot more than most people are doing.

Sometimes there are no easy solutions to problems, except learning to look at them as opportunities instead.

I know several people who didn't want to hear a word about these things six months ago, that are now genuinely interested.

Second, no, none of us know exactly what is going to happen, not even the privelaged few who are making the plans for what they hope will happen. Life is fluid there are always variables, and good old Murphy and his Law too.

History does tend to repeat itself, and it was spying that repeating trend on the runup to the election, that caused me to become concerned and much more involved.

This is the 1930's all over again, a well orchestrated financial collapse, a new leader with a carefully manicured and cultivated cult of personality built around him, a deepening world wide economic crisis, and regional, religious and racial tensions fueling fears and resentments, while all the while, the grand children of the same people who orchestrated it back in the 1930's, are in power and or behind the scenes orchestrating today's events as well. A couple of new players, a lot more people, a lot more technology, but same old stuff, different day.

In part what makes all this possible is at 45 years of age, I am probably one of the youngest people who knows the history and events well. Most people younger than me, haven't been taught, or ever learned, the real details of what, how, when and where happened during those dark days. They know there was a big war, and a big depression before it, and some very dictatorial and cruel leaders and that's about it.

America though then, like it is now, tends to be full of surprises when all is said and done. I prefer to think we will somehow meet the dark days ahead, and with great courage and sacrifice, and individual inovation and determination, defy all odds, and end up setting their plans back another 50 years.

I just hope the young people of today, who will have to bear the brunt of this fight, remember it's lessons and how important it is to make sure they get passed on, for I have a funny feeling, if we of my generation and those older than me, had always made that a priority, we would not be at the precipice we are today.

[edit on 27/3/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

[edit on 27/3/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I don't know how else to say this other then, I'm scared (Yeah, yeah, poke fun
). But I think I might have had a heads up on this. About two years ago (well before I started checking out sites like this) I just got this urge to pay off my house an truck. The money I've been saving from that I've been putting away, stocking up on canned goods, TP, ammo, fuel for the gen, ect.
I hope all this amounts to nothing, but . . . well it don't hurt to be prepared.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

WOW, call me impressed!!

I wasn't aware of anything 2 years ago, only became aware last summer.

Wish I could pay off my house etc....

good for you, - you are way ahead of the pack.

Hope you got some gold/silver too with the prepardness!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Yeah, yeah, yeah... he also said there would be bank runs on February, and riots in the US by March... I'm still waiting

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Oh, shoot! Gerald just put it all on the line and said "Collapse of 2009".

But of course, that was easy.. I mean, he even had help from John Titor (if you assume that he's exactly 4 years off). It's a little convincing, but I'm not a total convert. I agree that there will be a collapse of 2009, but there's too much help on that prediction. He scored a 6 out of 10.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I buy into what this guy is saying. We are out of debt. We own our home and vehicle. We are stockpiling some non-perishable foods. But there is one thing that I NEVER understand about these guys (like Celente). They consistently say:

"The economy is about to collapse. SAVE YOUR MONEY!"

Uh, if the economy collapses, won't the money be worthless? What is the point of saving up money in a currency that is about to become worthless?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Celente is one of us. I trust in the warning. Heed it or not, makes no difference. I don't think it will really matter if he's off by a few months or even a year or two. The point is that the collapse is inevitable. It is. The dollar being based on nothing requires an exponential increase in growth, that growth requires an equal increase in debt. The system absolutley cannot go on indefinatly. Collapse of this magnitude won't happen over night but over months or a year with some ups and downs. It's not a cliff.

In our system money=debt. Every dollar that exists is simply a representation of debt. A fundamental flaw that can only be delayed and has already been delayed for years by every fancy trick and scheme to keep the illusion alive. The only thing to debate is the when, not the if.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

"I wasn't aware of anything 2 years ago, only became aware last summer. "

LOL. I wasn't either, but I get these little nudges from time to time (insert Twilight zone theme here), but seriously at the time I was wondering why the rush, my parents too, now I guess I know why.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I've been warning my family about this for some time, and like others here, they simply don't want to hear it. I've even heard my mother say that if things truly get bad, she'd consider suicide rather than lose everything and not have her creature comforts. I know many people will see that as a way out. They'll think there's no way through it, so they'll end it themselves. There are others in my family on dialysis and others that are diabetic. They'll find it hard, or impossible to get the drugs and treatments they need, so they'll literally die as a result of not having the treatment they need to survive. This will be the first wave of people dying off because the system collapses from underneath them. Then will come the people who choose to end it on their own rather than face living in a third world nation. Then it'll be the waves of people being killed by others in search of resources. Those that "have", will have to defend it from those that "have not".

I'd like to think that this collapse will bring us all together as people, but I fear that we'll all turn savage and destroy everything in the process.

Maybe that book, "The Road" wasn't so far off.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by incoservBut there is one thing that I NEVER understand about these guys (like Celente). They consistently say:

"The economy is about to collapse. SAVE YOUR MONEY!"

Uh, if the economy collapses, won't the money be worthless? What is the point of saving up money in a currency that is about to become worthless?

I agree with you there! It makes no sense. Save up those worthless bits of paper everyone, or those numbers on your computer screen that your bank says you have as currency. It makes no sense to me. I'd love to ask him that question. I'd love to hear his response. I really want to know if he's planning on leaving the US to live somewhere else.

Seems to be that assets and property are the things that'll matter. Then the tax revolt will happen when no one pays their property taxes. When the police have literally everyone not paying their taxes, they'll get the hint that it's probably not wise to start knocking on doors with eviction notices because people aren't paying their property taxes. The tax revolt he mentions will be good for the people of this nation that have been taxed several times for every dollar they make. It's something that must stop.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Did you listen to the end? He believes we need something on the level of a revolutionary energy system to soften the blows of what's to come. Serious inventors/researchers may come out of the woodworks if the power cartels would stop ruining, (and in some cases killing) their lives. If they can't put a high enough price tag on it, and they can't remain in complete control, then it ain't gonna happen. I think it will come to fruition, but only after our orchestrated collapse.

BTW, if you really wanna get people moving on this they need to be reminded that this isn't just an assault on us, but an assault on our children, their future, and the generations to come. These people are sociopaths and they play dirty... VERY dirty.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
as long as the end of the world happens next year I'll be fine, My book comes out in July and the end of the world would totally screw up my royalties.

Seriously, the american machine, people, workers, spenders, buyers, will keep this country going longer that the nay-sayers say, only because they (on a ground level) will fight everything Obama and his machine throws at us.

Keep the faith and count the ammo

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So maybe his talking about something like this at the end?
www.examiner.com...

I´m not a religious man but if you speak about the false profet as in Obama I´m with you all the way.

I´m from the country of Sweden in northern Europe and I foretold some friends some months ago that I believed that the economy would collaps by the end of this year, but they reacted like my ideas came from a nutcase.

One has to understand them, all of them don´t own their houses, cars or flatscreen TVs. Everything is bought with loans and if theyre off the jobmarket they go bankrupt in a month so of course they stick theyre heads in the sand!

I´m glad to say that I went out of business 9 years ago with great debts and after having payed them back I decided that if I cant cash it I can´t afford it so here I sit with all my stuff, my little house, a quad, an old BMW and a fairy new motorcycle AND it´s all payed in cash!

If I´m unemployed by the end of the year I´d manage everything for about another year an then the crisis hits me to.
But when that time comes like in 2 years time neither you or I know whats gonna happen.

But if you look at Sweden today there´s the same crisis here aswell!
We have a population of aprox 9 millions which aint many but since October 2008 112 000 people has lost their employment and few new jobs are trown at the market cause everyone is holding back.

Concidering we´re a part of the European Union we are constantly informed that the situation is the same all over Europe. By the end of 2010 the economists say that some 15-20 % of the population are unemploed and with them the rest will fall in due time...

So by the end of this year I really think that people will start to wake up from their slumber.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by serenityone

Having lived in England for over ten years I have to agree with you. The mind-set of "it won't happen here" or "it won't happen to me" is common. And scary.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Well, everyone in my family, doesn't want to hear anything from me about it anymore. They will keep their heads buried in the sand, very few people are actually taking notice.

That is why there will be a complete break down, those hiding their heads and ignoring what is going on, will be forced to wake up, when they don't want to. They will be shocked too... when they can't get everyday things.

My mother just ignores me now....

Sad.

Lol my wife swear at me like i am telling her bigfoot is about to get her.

And she give me that are you a dumbarse look...when i thought niburu was gonna kill us in 1999 lol

i guess it's the boy that cried wolf...
Conspiracy nut's as ourself's have told some whopper's we heard...and now none believe us me think's

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Priceless! He looked like he pooped his pants!!!

If you think that's funny, just wait till everyone else messes their undergarments. Maybe I should go buy some stock in baby-wipes?

I have already filled my shorts. Stop laughing. Celente is number 1 as a predictor.

He has earned the right to be number 1.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

My dear old dad told me 30 years ago, in the late 70's this was coming. Don't ask me how he knew, he was just spooky like that. I thought it was just a dad thing, but it turns out to have something to do with being "born with a veil" or some such, whatever that means. He also said that when trouble hits, you can always "follow the money" to it's source.

Anyhow, he laid out an entirely different strategy for me, involving teaching me how to farm with horsepower (I mean REAL horsepower!), using hand tools, etc. I grew up cutting my own firewood with an ax, and hauling it out of the woods with a horse. That sort of thing. 19th century living. I thought he was a bit nuts, but NOW I can see the value of it. Ever tried to move a haystack with a horse? It can be done.

One other thing he told me was to stay AWAY from gold and silver. It might be of value in the long run when things get righted, but in his words "ya can't EAT it." Trading tangibles for work, or vice-versa, was more what he had in mind, I think.

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/3/28 by nenothtu]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Take this man seriously.

Prepare for the worst. The problems we face are almost insurmountable. We are at the beginning of dire times...and yet we do nothing to try and stop it.

I agree we should take this man seriously.

But how many times have we all said to ourselves we need to do something but we come up short on delivering. This isn't a shot at you, I've done this myself. Most of us are either scared, ignorant on HOW we should act, or both. I myself am both. We face a pretty damn well oiled machine that knows it's business. Obviously some organization is needed but how much will set off our enemies alarm bells? Especially when they can monitor all of our effective means of communication and coordination.

[edit on 3/28/2009 by ludaChris]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Well the only thing we can all do is remember this post and look back on it in a year or two to see out correct he is.

I have been saying this for 20 years back in Reaganomics period.

He did the military build up to beat the Russians and there was an enormous surge in the economy.

But with no enemy with the fall of the USSR they couldn't sustain it.

Especially when one portion of the country is working it's butt off to pay taxes so the other half can get that money for free from entitlements.

It was a long term self perpetrating Ponzi scheme that finally imploded.

And we elected the black guy after all the white dudes made their millions and ran off.

WE Americans were sold out to the highest bidder and they speak Chinese!!!!!

[edit on 28-3-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

Like watching a car coming strait at you, you KNOW it gonna hit, but you dont believe it before you are in the ambulance ...

It is more like one of those spoof horror movies, where the victim is screaming, and waiting, knowing the car is going to hit them way before it does, yet they never do anything about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join