It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinformation by the media - the final straw.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Of late we've seen and heard the world leaders withe their anti-protectionist, NWO rhetoric, with the media, so far, falling perfectly in line.

I haven't come across a single piece of dissidence by any MSM organisation that challenges the one world-government notion, QUESTIONS any politician on the subject whenever they are on and .

My question is two fold - just howsaturated is the control of TPTB over mainstream media, and what can be done about it?

It would be nice to see, and I shudder at the thought but perhaps it's only one of a few ways of really getting people to investigate properly (for themselves) but celebritiers, sports stars, actors,= (whoever!) with URLs on hats/t-shirts or "9/11 truth movement" "abovetopsecret" "and "

I'm a Marketing Manager for an international organisation and I know that our fraternity "conspiracy theorists" could actually USE the sheeple to our end of self-education and non-conformance with all things NWO. Think about it, they do what the celebrities do and they are interested in what they are interested in (except Stan Collymore and his dogging escapades, but you get the drift)

We need to sign up a few designers to make some ATS-fodder slogans or messages, give them away to some a-listers to peddle brief, all encompassing messages - they get 'papped', end up in the tabloids and in magazines and we're halfway there, are we not???

I don't think it will cheapen what we do ro the seriousness of some of the topics, but I DO think it will go some way into people NOT standing for cr @ppy 'news' reporting by the media - thus, in the long-run, people will turn away from MSM and dismantle, by proxy their influence.... nice idea isn't it???

Surely anything that encourages people not to listen to eth MSM is good, right?

What say you all???

[edit on 27/3/2009 by TailoredVagabond]

[edit on 27/3/2009 by TailoredVagabond]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
That sounds good to me!!! I used to watch the liberal media when Bush was in office and I thought they were really good journalists. They were covering Bush really well. Then when he gets out of office they started worshiping the Democratic party. Now Fox is attacking them and I thought they were doing it because they hated what they were doing it but the people on Fox are just doing it for political gain. We need to get a media for the people. Lou Dobbs is as close as we got right now. But I agree with your idea.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

just how saturated is the control of TPTB over mainstream media, and what can be done about it?

TPTB completely control the MSM. They bribe/coerce some news organizations to lean to the left and some to lean to the right. By doing so they keep people distracted and confused so they can further their agenda in relative secrecy. As for the second question: Not much. Keep your eyes peeled and your ears open, learn to read between the lines, do your own research and do what you can to inform others of what's REALLY going on.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Two wrongs don't make a right. By using sheeple in your movement you are not only selling out, but you also risk having your message tainted by those ignorant "sheeple."

I see nothing wrong with creating ATS paraphernalia. However, that is inciting action, which is probably against T&C.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
Two wrongs don't make a right. By using sheeple in your movement you are not only selling out, but you also risk having your message tainted by those ignorant "sheeple."

I see nothing wrong with creating ATS paraphernalia. However, that is inciting action, which is probably against T&C.

OK, point one - using sheeple in selling an idea they don't fully understand - for the betterment and education of the many - is that SO wrong?? Look at pharmaceutical companies, pepsi, macdonalds, microsoft and every other evil idea and mine isn't doing any harm whatspever.

Secondly - I wasn't proposing a joint-venture or pitching for Dragons fri-ggin' Den... I was asking about an opportunity to saturate MSM with what WE know to be true. I don't want to sell t-shirts!!

Finally - and let me be clear and state that in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS does ATS have sole ownership on the intellectual rights of what the masses call "conspiracy theories".

Ergo, if I wanted to sell "INVESTIGATE 9/11" t-shirts, I could.

top topics

join