It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Scientists Zip Lips on Cold Fusion Tests

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
I know that battlefield access to fuel/power is of primary concern for military planners, so I'm not surprised that they're working hard on the concept.

I expect that once economic feasibility is established, contracting will begin for large-scale production for DoD, with commercial apps soon to follow.

Isn't that the way it usually works?

jw

exactly! and if we won't do it... well china will be more than happy to have the upper hand! i'm sure they're NOT wasting their time. if it's possible then it will be done, one way or the other.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by DarkSecret]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If only we could get our hands on some heavy water and have PRIVATE investors in on it, done in secrecy. develop individual power units (per house) and market it!

OR just wait for the navy, or the PTB let it out when they are good and ready to let it out...

Anyone have any idea on how to make heavy water?

S&F BTW

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
If only we could get our hands on some heavy water and have PRIVATE investors in on it, done in secrecy. develop individual power units (per house) and market it!

The cat's out of the bag, so it's just a matter of time. There are several private corporations that have been set up in the US and Canada already working on this and similar concepts.

Although Pons' patent has expired, the concept has been validated and it will be up to "angels" and venture capitalists to move this forward.

BTW, thanks and s4u. Heavy water can be produced from seawater, of which it is .015% There are other sources, but none we can get to, i.e. nuclear plants, warheads, et c.

Commercial feasibility will depend entirely on affordable sources of deuterium and tritium.

If I wanted to be "involved," I would try to form a company that produces or brokers these gases, just like other companies produce or broker acetylene, natural gas, CO2 and oxygen.

Now, THERE's a start-up for you!

Good luck.

deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

You're absolutely right. See the above post for my view. If WE don't do this now, either capitalize or disprove with certainty, we've lost, no -forfeited - perhaps an irreplaceable opportunity.

Even if it turns out wrong, we'll learn something and be prepared for the right version of the concept.

Maybe I'm dreaming.

Or maybe it was Utah.

jw

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join