It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Your Fitness Goals/Accomplishments

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
yea morbid, I know what you are talking about with running. I went running for the first time in a very long time a few days ago...I am going to be going at least 3 days a week during the summer. But sometimes when you are just out running in nature with a nice breeze, going at high intensity, you get that natural adrenaline rush that just makes you feel so good like you are unstoppable and could keep on running for ever...keep at it, I will be starting regularly in June...

I now weigh about 180, and have been progressing in lifts quite a bit, although I noticed a slight shoulder RC pain coming back that I used to get, which is signaling time for a week off of lifting which I am going to take next week. It's good to take a week off for every 8 weeks, and I have been going 5 days a week for more than that long. good luck!

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
yea morbid, I know what you are talking about with running.

Yeah man, it's like the best natural high you can get (after having sex or being in love). No drugs can beat that.

As for the weight, I'm still progressing, but more slowly. But I've weighted my-self at 190 lbs a few times, but I'm more usually around 185 when I weight my self in the morning. The last 15 lbs will probably be the toughest to get.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My goal: 130 lbs and totally ripped. (like how I used to be).

Accomplishment: Medium definition so far w/ the weights I got, I use my stability ball as a weight bench, it helps my abs and butt to because I have to squeeze to hold myself up.

I got some definition in my obliques and upper abs.
Just need to get the midsection hard.

My arms got definition some toning, the flab is going away, I gotta do more.

My thighs are lookin good, god the definition back on the outside and around the knee somewhat, gotta work more.

I do a weight training dvd and winsor pilates for the stretching and ease of it.

I love doing push ups, something about them makes me feel hardcore. after i'm done I feel like I could like the fattest man in the world.

What I really want to be able to do it pick my dad up over my head like what i used to be able to. He weighed 180 and I used to spin him around over my head... I was 16 at the time. But I was a power house. May have been the creatine, or it could of just been I went to the gym everyday after school. who knows.
That's my real goal!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Before January, I used to bike 10+ miles a day, and I have recently started again. I've also started to work out at the weight room at school, and I plan to continue weight lifting through out the summer. Every friday, me and my friends always play some sort of sport like football, kickball, smear the queer, tag, stuff like that. I have a healthy diet, because my mom never buys "junk food" for us, and always makes us eat healthy foods. One of my big problems is I never eat breakfast because I always sleep in and allow myself just barely enough time to get ready for school. This summer, I'll be getting a job at my dad's marina, which involes a lot of hard, manual labor, so I think I'll get pretty strong doing that.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hey, I used to skip breakfeast all the time. Couldn't really do otherwise, I was always short on time too.

Now I take meal-subsitutes, they're fast to make, you can carry them easily (they're in form of shake, powder + milk or soy milk preferably), etc...
So I usually take one shake and eat one fruit each morning.

They say it's the most important meal of the day, I think it's really even more important for someone who works out.

BTW, Children of Bodom ROCKS !!! I don't know many people who knows of this band.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I want to be able to play tennis, sip scotch, have a fine cigar and enjoy sex when I am 80.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I lost 3 inches around the waist
don't ask how, I ain't dieting, and i haven't been exercising any more than usual.

it might be the heat, sweating away all the excess fluid buildup???

i don't care how i did it, I just want it to keep going down at least 2 more notches on my belt.

now if only i could find a way to get rid of some of the weight on top without surgery...then i would be truly happy with my body.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
now if only i could find a way to get rid of some of the weight on top without surgery...then i would be truly happy with my body.

Aye...good luck with that. I've heard it's kinda hard. A friend of mine, who is still young, around 19 or 20 I think, had to have a mammary reduction because she was unsatisfied with her body, and couldn't manage to lose weight there by other ways (she tried a couple of diets).

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
i really don't want to resort to surgery and honestly the husband isn't complaining. I just have a complex about them, don't know if i can really do anything else about it though.
being on the short and petite side with big boobs doesn't go well for first impressions and conversations, it's rather annoying when people talk to your chest instead of to you.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm 35 6'2 and weigh 227lbs. I've been weight lifting on and off for about 2years and have become more serious about it within the last 6 months or so and have stated to implement more cardio into my routine. Basically I'm going for a more toned cut look and would like to have 6 pack abs currently I have a 2 pack but I guess it's a start. I've started getting into hiking and my goal for next year at this time is to be in good enough shape to hike up Mt. Elbert Colorado the tallest peak in CO at 14433 ft. Currently I work out at home with a HealthMax Pro and use 30 and 50lb dumbbells, curl bar. For cardio do taebo, hike the lighthouse trail at Paloduro Canyon and walk/jog 2 1/2 miles during my lunch hour about 3 times a week and do weights 3 times a week.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
starting next week, I will be running 4-5 days a week (maybe not friday if my legs are sore from lifting), lifting 5 days a week, and doing 8 rounds of heavy bag boxing on Saturday...I am still trying to bulk, but during the summer a clean bulk which means add muscle but no fat...so technically you are lowering your body fat at the same time, since the ratio of muscle to fat is more lean gains.

I think I'm a little under 180 now, I took a week off lifting (its good to have a rest day every once in a while, then I had to take ANOTHER week off because I hurt my hand on a door...hurts like hell) I'm also off creatine, because its good to go off for two weeks every now and then. This summer I will be working out a lot though, as you can see...and hopefully finding a good job.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Shoktek

I kinda fixed my-self the same goal you did. Because I was trying to make an heavy weigth gain, I gained some fat at the same time I was gaining muscle, because my too-fast metabolism forces me to eat all the time, eat huge portion in my 3 meals a day, and take also meals substitute.

So I gained about 35 lbs, but I think I should lose maybe around 10 lbs of 'em, because I have a little belly and love handles. I just want to be more cut and fit for this summer. So I think I'll do more running and various cardio works for the next weeks, but I won't completly cut back on the weight lifting.

I kinda have the same problem that KillerD. I want to have a 6 pack, but only 2 of 'em are showing up lol...

Worldwatcher

Yeah, I'm sure your husband doesn't complain about it. I don't think any sane man would. But I totally understand why you said it's sometime embarassing and annoying. Gathers attention for sure, I guess it's probably not really funny when people who you talk to are looking more at your chest than your eyes.

If you really want to lose weight, you could start to snort coke and inject you hero�ne, but it's not really healthy tho lol... Just look at Courtney Love lol...

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here is a neat journal from someone who hiked up Mt. Elbert hopefully this time next year I will have some stories to tell about my Trek up Elbert.

Mt. Elbert Journal

My goals might be a little high "no pun intended" but maybe it will keep me focused on working harder on my cardio routine. Will see...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join