It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Your Fitness Goals/Accomplishments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Post up what you are trying to achieve by exercising/dieting etc. and what you have done so far...and we can all help with programs or whatnot.

I myself do a few things...I play recreational sports every once in a while, play ice hockey (did play on a team), distance run, lift weights, and box. I have been lifting weights seriously for around a year, and also eating the right foods to gain muscle mass...(like many guys who want to get "swole", but I like working out anyway)...I went from 138lbs. to now 175 in about a year, and still going up...also still at a low bodyfat, so I mainly gained muscle. When I run I usually do 3-4 miles, and usually a mile in around 6 minutes, 3 in around 20 minutes...and I box on a heavy bag for eight rounds of three minutes with one minute breaks between rounds...currently I lift weights M-F, and usually do no cardio, or maybe once on the weekend. (since I am trying to gain weight and have a high metabolism, cardio isnt a good idea) But I will start running again regularly in May...

hopefully I won't be the only one to post in here! Don't be ashamed, even if you want to start exercising but don't know what to do, just post.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I was 185 with a 25% body fat rating at 5 foot 9 but then I started that crazy special K diet and I actually lost 25 pounds. Im currently 160 with a 16% rating although that fluctuates about 2 points depending on whats up with my body on a given day. I also began running and trying to work out at least 4 days a week. Id suggest this diet to anyone who eats cereal a lot and doesnt mind repetition. Im proud of my accomplish ments but now I have to develop abs and Im unsure of how to do that, anyone got any ideas.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Im proud of my accomplish ments but now I have to develop abs and Im unsure of how to do that, anyone got any ideas.

What I do for abs three days a week is just one set of hanging leg raises, and a set of decline crunches, and "windmills" with an olympic bar on your back, bend over and twist back and forth to work the obliques...

Doing things like 500 crunches or situps is crazy...the people at the gym I see doing these are the ones with beer bellies who have no idea how it works. Abs are mainly based on body fat. Right now my abs are very good when flexing, but im not low enough bf% to have them always looking cut, but they are there. As long as you do just a couple ab exercises, all you have to worry about is nutrition and cardio...you will see abs once you get a lower bodyfat, just keep working at it.

Another thing is, many people think doing an astronomical number of reps each set helps to "tone" muscles...this is impossible. You are either building muscle or you aren't there is no toning taking place, this depends on bodyfat.

I would recommend sticking to a good diet, doing cardio a few days a week, and about 6-8 sets of abs each week. The last thing is genetics, which determines if your abs will look good or not, or if you will have 4, 6, or 8 clearly visible...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
As also listed on the Bench Press topic, my goal last year was a 300lb press. After reaching that, I set one for 350lbs which I did in February. I'm up to 360 now but haven't set another goal yet , just to do my routine.

I have began a program to beef up my biceps. I have always had a problem building them because genetically, the muscle is longer as my arms are long and lanky as well. Still, its always been something I wanted to have. So, for the last 3 weeks, I've been targeting the biceps and triceps really hard. I work my triceps on the night I do bench and work my biceps when I work my back. Would there be any advantage to maybe changing my routine? In college, I worked biceps and triceps together but have less success than I am now. My triceps developed great either way, its just the biceps that won't grow. What do I have to do!!?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
My fitness goals are kind of unusal... First I need to get my body back in shape; over the school year I've started to put on a bit of a gut (I guess its the sophomore 15 instead of freshman) and I need to lose that and get back my abs. But basically that's all for appearance.

The goals I have in mind for this summer are: doing a backflip off a wall, learning more combinations of running tumbling (backhandsprings, backflips, etc), a butterfly twist kick (crazy kungfu/capoeira kick where you spin in the air parallel to the ground) and basically clean up all of my other flashy kicks and flips.

I'm into martial arts tricking (obviously) and a martial art called capoeira which is very acrobatic and kick oriented. Well, you asked and now you received. =)

Good luck to everyone on their goals.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Faisca]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
My fitness is goal is really to be able to slam dunk. Putting that into numbers, I'm probably aiming for a vertical jump of 30" (jumping 10 feet and 6 inches off the ground). That would let me dunk from directly under the rim (Get the rebound up close, step two feet and dunk it. No one can stop you.) However, my goal is to get as high up there as I can.

I have about 25" right now (10 feet and 1 inch) and my excercise program is working my legs very nicely. Although I find this program to be much harder than an upper body workout, it is much more rewarding beacuse the gains come slower. I am proud to see my gains.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
I have always had a problem building them because genetically, the muscle is longer as my arms are long and lanky as well...Would there be any advantage to maybe changing my routine? In college, I worked biceps and triceps together but have less success than I am now. My triceps developed great either way, its just the biceps that won't grow. What do I have to do!!?

Nice job on the bench...my arms are long and like yours, so it is really hard to put size on. I'm sure your triceps are big from benching so much. Arms supposedly recover faster than other bodyparts, which is why lots of people will work them on their own day. I have better results going 5 days a week: chest, back, shoulders, legs, arms so everything has its own day. Make sure you are also hitting back heavy, because most bicep size will come from pullups, rows, deadlifts, etc...I do weighted pullups first for back, then dumbell rows (barbell rows hurt my lower back), then deadlifts, then 2 sets of seated rows and pulldowns. For biceps, 3 sets of barbell curls, 3 sets of dumbell preacher curls, 2 sets of hammer curls...after triceps. Find out what rep range works for you, and try mixing up bicep exercises or do a really hard arm workout every once in a while to shock them into growth...good luck.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Im pretty fit,
I excercise Daily, Running ..Free weights ect
I do over 200 sit ups a day and 50 press ups which im trying to increase,
I dont diet but my eating habits are not as good as they should be,
I eat very little..Im a dancer so i have to stay in shape,
So any advice on the best kind of foods to eat, I train more or less 7 days a week so need energy foods.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
My ideal goal was to get back to 11st with in 6 months which I have done so from 13st to 11st. The reason I put the weight back on was I busted my arm out lifting weights so I had to take about a year off and then i got into climbing and got my ideal weight back.
I climb 2 -3 times a week some times more for 4hrs+ so im a happy chappy lol

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
My first goal was to gain weight (and muscles), wich worked out pretty well. Went from 150 lbs to 180 lbs in approx. 6 month - 1 year. Now my weight is stable around 180-185 lbs. My ideal weight would be 200 lbs. (the quote "Don't trust anyone under 200 lbs comes to mind") But now gaining weight isn't my main priority anymore. I'm working more seriously on my legs, and there's this little beer-belly I got that I would really like to lose before summer and pool parties. So basicly my goals now are to stay fit, keep doing a lot of cardio exercise (basketball, jogging, free-style fighting) and continu to grow my muscle mass.

If anyone gots a great trick to get a 6 pack, feel free to share. As I said, I'm already doing lots of cardio, jogging, basketball and set-ups.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
So any advice on the best kind of foods to eat, I train more or less 7 days a week so need energy foods.

Probably just a well balanced diet with plenty of carbs, protein, and healthy fats (flax oil, fish oil etc) Make sure to always eat breakfast, and it is much better for you to try and eat 6 smaller meals a day (just more meals) than 3 large ones. And stick to your schedule.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
If anyone gots a great trick to get a 6 pack, feel free to share. As I said, I'm already doing lots of cardio, jogging, basketball and set-ups.

You said you have somewhat of a belly, so you just have to lose the fat. Make sure to do cardio often: Many people use HIIT, which is High Intensity Interval Training. This only lasts 10-15 minutes, but you have to go all out. Basically, you will do max effort, full speed sprinting/biking for maybe 30 seconds, followed by one minute of light jogging or biking, then repeat until you've done maybe 15 minutes worth. This doesn't burn as many calories on its own, but it really boosts your metabolism and many people swear by it. So maybe do HIIT 2-3 times a week, and low intensity jogging or something 2-3 times a week. Then just eat less calories than you burn each day, and watch starches (anything white...rice, potatoes, bread, pasta)...the weight should come off in time and your abs will show through.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I've had the same routine for years and it's never let me down. Basically, left arm lifts up and down to bring cigarette to my mouth, and likewise for my right arm which brings a pint up and down.

I get plenty of leg work in when I realise I've run out of cigarettes and I have to walk to the shops.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
(anything white...rice, potatoes, bread, pasta)

You know what, I was already trying to cut out some of that stuff. Without much success tho, I must admit. Damn, it's just stuff that I use to eat a lot! But I shall try harder if I really want that 6 pack. And thanks a lot for the HIIT advices, I'll look into that and incorporate it to my work out.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid

Originally posted by Shoktek
(anything white...rice, potatoes, bread, pasta)

You know what, I was already trying to cut out some of that stuff. Without much success tho, I must admit. Damn, it's just stuff that I use to eat a lot! But I shall try harder if I really want that 6 pack. And thanks a lot for the HIIT advices, I'll look into that and incorporate it to my work out.

The best bread to eat would be pumpernickel, and rye is ok too, and sourdough. White rice should be avoided, wild rice is ok. Some pastas are ok I suppose, and when it comes to potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams are alright. For more info check out this glycemic index chart: www.101weightloss.com... , the higher the number GI the more insulin is released into your blood which promotes fat storage. This is also one reason we are getting so many type-2 diabetics in our country because of all the simple carbs people eat which causes insulin resistance. The one good time to have a high-insulin sugar drink/meal would be immediately after weight lifting, or any workout. Also try to cut back on all carbs after 5 o clock or so, except for vegetables, which are fiber. And, there is no need to go overboard keeping these out of your diet, every four days or so you can have a lot of carbs if you want.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
round is a shape and it's fine by me!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Post up what you are trying to achieve by exercising/dieting etc. and what you have done so far...and we can all help with programs or whatnot.

Reply: I started winsor pilates and I LOST SO MUCH and it's only been a week.......Also i'm blending fruits with water to make smoothies so that helps too............. I also went out and bought slim fast powder drinks and meal replacement choc bar which are small............I just ordered slim fast pastas and soups off amazon i'll let you know how those taste.

This to me is WAY better then the cabbage soup diet, atkins, and south beach.....
And I just whipped the two ideas together, blending fruits is awesome..........Tastes so goood...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
And once I get down to what I used to be i'll start using my free weights......They never let me down.

So far i'm doing the 20 min pilates workout, and then another day i'll do the resistance training, which works really well too. I shouldn't 1 wk, it's about 2.

But I lose weight QUICK, so thats why i'm shedding alot.

My tummy is flatter, my arms are smaller, and my back is getting to the way it used to be defined before...
Winsor pilates is awesome.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i USED TO,i emphisise the words USED TO, do 200 press ups and 200 sit ups over a night and do the dumbells for a while.before this i went on a canoe sprint 500m then a marathon 2000 m ethier singles or doubles
all i can say is this pain was my friend then
now im not exsactly the same as i was

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Another achievement of mine: I found the willpower and motivation to start jogging again. I used to go jogging like 3 or 4 evening a week. I had stopped for approx. 5 months or so, and just went yesterday for the first time this year.

DAMN it felt so GOOD!!! I loved it. Even on my first cramp, when the air in my lungs seemed to be hot like fire, I stillled loved it ! Didn't had this feeling in such a long time... God I missed it. I was so motivated, I went on a 10 kilometers run lol... I'm really proud, I did the last 2 km without stopping to walk one time.

I'm glad. And my leg aren't even hurting like they used to, maybe it's because, even I hadn't been running in a while, I've been playing basketball a lot lately.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join