It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Training of New Civilian Security Force Passed, Billions Allocated

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Why do these people need civilian security forces? If they were on the up and up, civilians would be kissing their ass, not defending them.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

What you're referring to here is the Civilian Conservation Corps and it's future change into a military organization through the use of Presidential Directives and policy changes. There are other threads on ATS already talking about this prior to this post.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You can give me weapons and train me. You can try to brainwash me. You can try to change my priorities, and change my life. But you can't change my spirit.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
As I have said in my profile and my post quote , he who forgets the past is doomed to repeat it . hmmmmmmm been saying that for over 20 years to people when they are talking about the "new" plans , even before GW and Odama. And hello people welcome to the past , hope we can recover from it this time. And yes America needs to wake up !!! But it isnt just america unfortunately, As in with Adolf the world is the goal . We need to act. Not just sit here in forums . Post a Copy of the constitution in view in your yard, Wear a shirt with your rights on it , SHOW YOUR CARE in our laws as they were meant , Not to be hidden in a library , and for the rest of the world , lets let them sort out their mess and Take Care of our country first for once.!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DJones

No, it wasn't sarcasm.
I've read on this site , ATS , that there hasn't been one document found to prove that he went to ANY college, Ivy League or any other kind.

I see you are new here.
Maybe you should take a look around and read some of the threads about HIM.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by MagicaRose]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I for I one am in the army, I keep my bob. Next to the door I fear that any day now I will need to use it and head to my undisclosed location. I refuse to take part in much more of this striping of our rights. I'm sick and have had it up to my eyes with all of This it started with bush he set the pins up and now obama has to do is knock em down. I feal like we are liveing in a real life version of the movie v.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The more I hear about this the more nervous it makes me...not for me, for my 1 year old daughter.
I am 21 and I will refuse to join their "mandatory voluntary" army. God, that phrase is a contradiction.
I for one say members of ATS should band together and build bunkers for worst case scenarios in different areas. We have the numbers, if we each donate we have the funds so let's do this before it's too late.

B

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Here is a little info I found:

Below is a summary of the Serve America Act (see full bill here)

I. Ask Many More Americans to Give a Year to Solve Specific Challenges: Building on the success of AmeriCorps, the legislation will create new, effective “Corps” focused on areas of national need. It will ask 175,000 Americans to give a year of service through these corps as part of a new national commitment to solve these challenges, expanding the number of national service participants to 250,000.

II. Increase Opportunities to Serve by People of All Ages:

For Students, Increase Service Early in Life: Service early in life will put more and more youth on a path to a lifetime of service. The legislation will improve opportunities for young people in low income, high-need communities to engage in service to improve their own communities.

For Working Adults, Encourage Employers to Let Employees Serve, by establishing a tax incentive for employers who allow employees to take paid leave for full-time service.

For Retirees, Value Their Skills and Make Service Work for Them. Many retiring citizens are ready, willing, and able to be involved in service and have skills the public needs – but none of the current service programs are structured with their needs in mind. The legislation will enhance incentives for retirees to give a year of service through the Corps, and will establish “Encore Fellowships” to help retirees who wish to transition to longer-term public service.

For Americans of All Ages, Increase Volunteering. Not all Americans can make a significant time commitment to service, but many volunteer in other ways. The legislation will expand the volunteer pool by establishing a “Volunteer Generation Fund” to help nonprofit organizations recruit and manage more volunteers.

III. Support Innovation in the Nonprofit Sector: Social entrepreneurs who have launched innovative nonprofit organizations such as Teach for America and Citizen Schools in Boston are experimenting with new solutions to pressing problems. The legislation will recognize and support the role of effective social entrepreneurs in solving our national challenges:

Establish a Commission to study and improve how the federal government, nonprofits, and the private sector work together to meet national challenges effectively.

Apply Effective Business Strategies to the Nonprofit Sector, by establishing a network of “Community Solution Funds” that are basically venture capital funds to help the nonprofit sector seek talent and put it to work.

IV. Improve and Expand International Service and America’s Respect in the World

Support for Short-Term International Service Opportunities: We must expand the Peace Corps so more Americans can provide critical assistance to people across the globe while promoting America’s international standing. But many skilled Americans are unable to give two years. The legislation will strengthen the current “Volunteers for Prosperity” program, which coordinates and supports short-term international service opportunities for skilled professionals to serve in developing nations.

Original Post Here

Also see this

There is ALWAYS a bigger agenda, but I don't think it is a diabolical plot to rule the world (or is it), The Hover Dam; Tennessee Valley Authority and half the power grid were developed from FDR's CCC. It may be the only thing we can do to get people working again. At least there will be a benefit to the country. Get these lazy f'n kids up off their ass and make them help.

Besides in 3 years it wont matter!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Yay! Good for him and for the suckers that agree to serve. Makes the job that much easier for the revolutionary forces to be able to spot the traitors and kill them! It won't be long now folks!

Wow. You condone the murder of Americans to further your bigoted right wing agenda?

You people really are getting desperate

edit to add the ... uhh.... "intelligent" copy/paste post of dooper below me

I really hope they do get a uniform. Sure will make things easier on the rest of us if they do.

Really?
The south lost. A long time ago. Don't you listen to the radio?

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I really hope they do get a uniform. Sure will make things easier on the rest of us if they do.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

I think you confuse the term "murder" with other terms.

My great-great-great-great grandfather fought fellow Americans here, and at the time, they were called British soldiers and Loyalists.

A couple generations later, other ancestors rode with Bloody Bill Anderson and John Singleton Moseby. And yes, it was against fellow countrymen.

When the situation calls for it, it happens.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by J_DiRT

I tried to inject some facts into the discussion already, nobody wants to hear them apparently.

Tough-guy fantasies about fighting an imaginary army of brownshirts are much more emotionally appealing than reality

The far right has gone utterly off the rails since the election, they are living in a fantasy land, and outright making stuff up to be enraged about.

It's sad.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Oh, you haven't seen enraged yet. No "tough guy fantasies" either.

Rage is a deep well of strength, but rage cannot be maintained.

Cold, deliberate force of action will prevail over idealism every single time.

I've seen idealists. So motivated. And when things start going sideways, they seem to evaporate, their perceptions of strength and harmony shattered forever.

Guess I was one of those hammers you're talking about. Never planned on it, never desired it. Just seemed to come natural.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I've seen idealists. So motivated. And when things start going sideways, they seem to evaporate, their perceptions of strength and harmony shattered forever.

so, that'd be kind of like the idealist north saying the progression of our culture is to set blacks free

and the strong arm south fighting to keep their cotton workers slaves?

....last time i checked....the south lost that one.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by J_DiRT

Did anyone else even read this and want to comment on it? Or are you happy making empty threats. This sounds like a very reasonable bill to me. The only part that could be bad was the prepping kids for life long service but again that could be a good thing. Otherwise those are all very reasonable short term solutions to many problems.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

I have no idea what you're talking about over the South.

But if you want a response on that, I can do that.

Outnumbered roughly seven to one in men, money, manufacturing, rail lines, roads, and population, it sure took long enough to whip someone so outnumbered in every facet one cares to consider.

Bad news.

We're not so outnumbered now.

Care to have another go at it? Now those Yankees have their Barney Franks and John Kerry's leading. And a clueless, communist President who is an idealistic coward, bone deep.

My God.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

i know you don't understand, here let me try explaining it line for line

You say strong arms will always beat idealists

well

the civil war proves you wrong (which is all the more hilarious since it was YOUR examples to begin with)

The north = idealists (idealists in the sense they had the IDEA that black people should be people)

The south = strong arms because they brutally murdered millions of black people...ya know...because they didnt work hard enough

To take pride in that is bad enough.
To stand by your original statement just seethes with ignorance

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

This is the second thread you have been compelled to forcefully inject racism into.

The South did not kill millions of blacks. To claim this is preposterous. Why bring expensive assets here, just to kill?

Slaves weren't cheap. They were very expensive, and like other assets, maintained. From the beginning of time, slavery was a practice world-wide. It is reported to continue to this day, in diminishing areas.

Blacks were not murdered wholesale as you suggest.

Maybe we need to get back on topic, and get off racism, and blacks.

We were talking about brown shirts. Not blacks.

Like most noble ideas, this idea is unworkable.

Groups are to always be suspect. Even our forefathers warned about a standing army.

But to have an army/security force here is the States?

I though that was what the militia (all able-bodied, adults) was for. Unless they are to counter the militia.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I agree with one notion you brought up

Civilian Militia's.

But thats up to the Civilians to form. if the government does it for us, then it's no longer civilian

so don't blame the government. Blame lazy civilians

and as a closing note, yes, there were millions of blacks murdered during colonial days.

Have you ever read a history book that talks about this at all?

Or is all you really know about it from what "Pa" told ja back when u were jus a lil feller?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

The premise in the colonial times and modern times do not differ much.

Every able-bodied adult male is the militia.

Every able-bodied adult male is liable for the draft.

You are suggesting that every year from 1700 to 1860, over 13,333 slaves were murdered? That means that for most of those years, there were more killed than were brought into the country. Your claim that millions of black slaves were murdered is absolutely ludicrous.

Show me some numbers.

Be real nice, and I'll ask Robert Cruz and Tom Coleman if we can take you along and give you a chance to grab your own boar.

Just don't miss. That's the only rule. Well, not exactly a rule, but a prudent suggestion. You have to be fast, and you get that one chance. Cause they will cut you to pieces.

And we go on horseback, deep into the swamps. That's where the big boys are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join