It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Training of New Civilian Security Force Passed, Billions Allocated

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by guppy
reply to post by Alxandro

I wish kids paid more attention to their history books. They would see similarities between Obama and Hitler. This is so scary. I feel like a deer frozen staring at headlights.

Bush was obviously analogous to Hitler. The ‘patriot act’ paralleled the ‘enabling act’ of Hitler’s time.

If you’re looking for comparison to Obama, it’s clearly Stalin, who made Hitler look like a piker in regard to numbers murdered.

Bush’s tactics were Hitlerian, Obama’s are Stalinesque.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Of course it's completely unconstitutional and one would hope that states promoting their independence from Federal Abuse would not allow such a thing to occur on their soil.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Orwell is rolling in his grave.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
wow, can you say "aryan youth movement". kinda creepy/scary. this takes hold( and it will, with all the money that will probably be thrown at it ). small pockets of "patriots" with "sanctioned use of force"(with extended affiliations with other pockets of "patriots" with "sanctioned use of force") will eventually use it to their own twisted ends. some one will decide he is the one to bring order, and we are talking about a well educated maniac/sociopath(in this day and age, who knows how to motivate ppl who have nothing to look forward to), not a failed house painter(will let you figure that one out), count on it. now all of the self styled malitias will only have to join up to be legit, then they won't have to smuggle weapons( they will be handed to them lol).

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
My children will not be among the members of this Hitler Youth style army, at least not while I'm still breathing. I don't care how they try to sugar coat this, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then by god, it is a freaking duck.

I once was proud of my country, I told my kids how lucky they were to be born as Americans. How we had rights afforded to us by our founding fathers that no one could remove from us. Now I don't know what to say to them because that is no longer true. The Constitution is just a piece of paper to Obama, The Bill of Rights is merely a worthless docuement to him and I see no end in sight.

It's a sad day to know everything our country stood for can be taken away so swiftly by one egotistically man.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What is the miltarys feedback on this? Have they siad or printed anything, feeling its lawful and constitutional or not? Would be VERY interesting too see what hardcore military career people think about it..I would imagine some kinda jealousy.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I don't have any kids..and i too, am curious to know what would happen, if my 18-25 year old son said NO i dont wanna join. Persoanlly, ide email the 13th constitutional amendment as a reminder..and why he and i cannot be arrested..the final truth of law is printed. And ide argue it in court too, saying obamas descision is nazi hitler thought and style, and communist.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
ok, correct me if in wrong...Hitler DID form a young civilian force, but what i had learend from history channel time and time agian, is Hitler did that, becuase towards the end of the European war, the nazis were runing out of men. Hitler needed more infantry troops somehow, so he used young teens, and probably yuonger than that. teelin them what an honor it is, to die for germany.
or is that wrong?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

The Hitler Youth was used as a network of domestic spies, not as a source of military soldiers.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Heathen! ALL PRAISE LORD OBAMA, OVERLORD OF NORTH AMERICA!
I'm 24, if they try to draft me, I'll make them regret that decision almost immediately, unless of course we get free government ammo and cheese, in which case, where do I sign up?

Free cheese? Where do I sign up? Also, I'm crap with a handgun, so free lesson right? Greatness shall be seen.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
As a resident of this quaint little island across the big pond, I've been trying to get my head around this issue and just what the role would be for this "civilian security force".
As I understand it, the branches of the full time military are there to go shoot people abroad at the behest of the bankers and businessmen, otherwise known as "the Government".
There is then the National Guard, a reserve force there to back up the full time forces or for use by the States for security and emergencies.

There are then the state and local civilian police forces, with federal services, such as the FBI, representing the national level.

With all that in place, is there really a need for this additional force, or is this just a way to get the unemployment figures down while freeing up National Guard units for more overseas deployment?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm trained as is alot of folks here maybe we should go to D.C. & show them just how well trained we are?

[edit on 28-3-2009 by smokehouseslim]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by howie0

"wow, can you say "aryan youth movement".

Why do you say Aryan? BO's gonna have all the kids in his security force, I didn't notice anything about just whites being signed up.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Something I have noticed that nobody is looking at is the long-term impacts of such a force. Sure we don't want Obama having his own personal army right now, but if the army isn't dissolved at the end of his term (and he probably only has one term in him) then the next pack of thugs get them, much as how Obama has stepped into the powers left behind by the Bush administration.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by howie0

"wow, can you say "aryan youth movement".

Why do you say Aryan? BO's gonna have all the kids in his security force, I didn't notice anything about just whites being signed up.

Aryan isn't just whites, it was originally used for Arabs and Indians (the ones from India, not from here), Hitler was an ignorant man, didn't really know what words mean, kinda like Obama. Did Hitler have a teleprompter too lol?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Do you really believe that having guns will do anything to protect you if the army comes knocking? They will be better trained and better armed than you and will only serve to let them justify there actions to themselves. In that I mean instead of seeing you as innocent citizens they will see you as an actual enemy that requires the use of force. In Canada its a felony to own automatic weapons, do you think we are more likely to have our freedoms taken away because of it? I don't.

There has been talk of whose leading this little army. Your in a democracy take control of it, you don't like the system your kids are going into, either teach them otherwise or change the system. What makes a more influential statement shooting someone on your porch or getting a bunch of parents and making it a national sensation. If you believe that that won't work and that BO will somehow stop the protesting, this army is the least of America's problem.

Another thing that crossed my mind, what if Hitler never started with the holocaust, never started with expanding their "living room", he got the country to have pride in themselves again, something they sorely needed.

If the Media is doing its job, citizens are well informed and willing to stand up for there rights you don't need to worry about this. Again if you don't think the media is doing its job, that is the problem not this particular bill. If those three things are in fact present I believe that this bill could help people. As long as the only mandatory part is three months basic training, that three months could save a lot of unneeded trouble caused by irrational panic. Katrina is a perfect example of what this could help with.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I don't mean to derail this thread because it's very important but is there any proof that he went to College?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Sarcasm? Wasn't he the top in his class at an ivy league school, seems like it'd be pretty easy to check.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
I can't wait, a bunch of nitwit kids running around with guns training everywhere in the country, for no apparent cause, then boom, they'll give them a cause to fight, and die for. Shoot the Libertarian/Commie/Pothead/indian/jew/muslim/homelessguy/homelessguy's dog/tent village dweller/guy with a limp/what have you.

Given the attitudes kids have today about everything, it's never their fault and it's all about them, this is really scary.
Whether you are at a resataurant or retail store, their work ethic makes no sense from a customer service stand point. It's as if they are being bothered by your questions or requests for assistance.

Now they will be asked to carry guns?
They'll probably have the same attitude when they shoot their first innocent person and it's not going to be their fault.

Why not fund people like the Guardian Angels instead?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Reading this I laughed and thought of the horrible but campy with a bottle of wine movie "Starship Troopers."

The enemies are giant "bugs" and the televisions all play round the clock messages that entice YOU to JOIN the FORCE and FIGHT for your COUNTRY!
Geared towards young,strong,nothing to lose 18-25 yr. olds of course who go to neighboring planets and wage nasty wars with the creatures and you then will be rewarded with "CITIZENSHIP" if you fight and if you dont' get your brain sucked out by a giant bug in the process,LOL!

I see the similarities and they ARE the freakin' bugs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join