It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada-U.S. border should remain tight: Homeland Security chief

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
How's about we spin this around the other way shall we?
How would America feel if we decided to do this ?
What if we as Canadians decided to add additional security measures because we viewed that a potential "terrorist" might come across the border?
Would Americans be so accepting if this was something Canada proposed?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

TIJUANA, Mexico (Reuters) - Mexican children were playing in their primary school yard when police shot a drug gunman on the road outside, splattering blood around and sending the crying pupils running to their classrooms.

U.S. President Barack Obama will visit Mexico in April, following this month's trip by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and he is tightening security along the border to prevent the violence spreading into the United States.

link:
ca.news.yahoo.com...

Oh yeah..watch out for those Canadians.Pffft.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Under what classification, is a terrorist?
Can you describe one? Spot one in a crowd?Give a definite nationality for one?
You can't.

You nailed it. In the US there are many competing definitions of who may be a terrorist. In some states, if you merely protest your property taxes, you could be a terrorist.

And I am sure that the US could label any person a terrorist even if he/she isn't one just to justify their agenda.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by greshnik
So, us "Europeans" should just go home? Sounds like a plan...

My opinion

I assuming that comment was meant for me, if not I'm stupid lol.

Anyway nobody said anything about sending people of European decent back to the region of one of their ancestors origin.

What I was saying is that in one of the video's a caption exclaims that Mexicans are indigenous to North America which they are not. also that Mexican people were of Spanish origin, that it was hypocritical to claim to be indigenous because the Spanish did the exact same thing as their European neighbors when everybody migrated to North America.

But thats just my opinion

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
In a way, most Mexicans CAN claim to be indigenous to North America.
The average Mexican is not white. They are basically native American. Though they speak Spanish, racially they are certainly not the same as a person from Spain.
The exception to this would be the upper classes in Mexico, who are a lot more like a Spaniard.
I've been to Spain, and I can tell you the people there are white and don't look like the average Mexican. Don't let the commonality of language make you think otherwise.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Didn't realize we were discussing nationalities and indigenous people.
If that were the case, all but the Natives should kick everyone back to their point of origin and THEN close the borders.
Counter-productive methinks.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

Hello I think Americans are manipulated and brainwashed into fearing and hating Mexican "Illegals", and this is to facilitate the NAU.

Ermmm, what???

All this talk of strengthening the borders is a very anti-NAU step. If they really wanted NAU, they'd be spreading the good news about how we're all just humans, and no need to hate and so on.

If the Americans are being brainwashed into hating Illegals, that will then cause them to want stronger borders, thus this can only be seen as an anti-NAU step.

Anyway, I came to this topic, as I just saw a video on this today, of Napolitano:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I noticed this trend with Napolitano and the northern border also, then it dawned on me: TPTB almost never advertise their true intent...

What if the tightening of the borders is to keep all of us IN, not keep terrorists OUT...

I mean, what better way to sell building a country-size prison than to package it into a "we're doing it to keep you safe!" type package.

I hiked across the border about 10 years ago in Glacier Nat'l Park... Don't think I could get away with something like that today.

Dark days ahead.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I am kinda surprise that there is tough talk about the Canadian border.

A while back had heard that Congress had talked about passing legislation to extend time to the Canadians, but lately I haven't heard anything else.

cbianchi513, that is an interesting theory you bring to the table. Kinda adds to the suspense has to why they are focusing so much attention on the northern border. Big plans ahead?????

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I really can't take credit for that theory... I've more than likely liberated it from the likes of Alex Jones or some such.

That doesn't mean I don't BUY the possibility of the theory holding some water...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join