It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piping Hot Tea Can Give You Cancer: Study

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Lol first smoking got the ban hammer.
Then fast food
Now tea

What now tea tax...they better not even ....

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I wonder if its something specific about tea, or would it apply to something like water? If it is the burning of tissue that causes the cancer it could be anything. Any time your body has to produce cells at a faster rate than normal increases the risk for cancer.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this one but...

I've always been under the impression cancer was (in most cases) a genetic predisposition.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
After reading much about Water and it's properties, I am currently of a belief that what causes problems might not be the drink flavouring itself (tea in this example) but specifically temperature of Oxygen in the Water.

If you read the writings of Viktor Schauberger who spent his whole life studying Water, he mentions many times that ideal and most beneficial temperature for Water is 4 C.

Heating Water up makes the Oxygen in it become a violent reactant and the benefits Oxygen might have had in the blood while it was cool quickly disappear, turning it into a destructive force.

So by all means, drink herbal teas that you find soothing, but chill them down. Besides, as others pointed out scolding hot liquids only create lesions and ulcers in your digestive tract, which heal very slowly because the surfaces they are on are most of the time wet.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aislin

Make sure its not tea bags! you can usually buy 1kg loose yerba mate,try rosamonte brand,use a coffee maker and use alot..more than you would tea ie about 4 or 5 tbsp for two cups..yerba mate is the best.

<< 1   >>

join