It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Port Authority doing away with Freedom Tower Name

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Port Authority doing away with Freedom Tower Name

www.nypost.com

Freedom is so passe at Ground Zero.

Once hailed as a beacon of rebirth in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 terror attacks, the Freedom Tower's patriotic name has been swapped out for the more marketable One World Trade Center, officials at the Port Authority conceded today.

But more than seven years after the terror attacks and amid an effort to market the iconic tower to international tenants, sentiment gave way to practicality.

"As we market the building, we will ensure that the building is presented in the best possible way," said Port Authority Chairman Anthony Coscia.

"One World Trade center is its address. It's the address that we're using. Its on the one that's easiest for people to identify with and frankly we've gotten a very interested and warm reception to it."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
No disrespect intended to those who died that horrible day... but I have to agree "Freedom Tower" was so lame.

At that time we did go a little overboard... Freedom Tower... operation enduring freedom... patriot act... freedom fries etc. It reached the point where the whole thing was just plain tacky... understandable perhaps but tacky.

I always thought the most elegant and graceful tribute to those who died was the pillars of light... they should have kept them as part of the permanent memorial.

Still "One World Trade Center"? I don't know. I worked restaurants for many years and after awhile you came to realize that there were certain locations, no matter how well placed that were just plain jinxed... no matter how good any new restaurant that goes into those sites were doomed to failure... I can think of two or three in my hometown like that right now.

My point is... the name "World Trade Center" is so loaded now with meaning that what business is going to take the risk and go in there...

... I mean I can see Osama Bin Laden now plotting its fall.

www.nypost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Fox News have just been talking about this....

The woman news anchor on Fox and Friends is asking whether it has been changed because China has bought up 6 floors plus, and maybe due to China's way of running their country, they wouldn't have invested in the new building if the "Freedom" name was kept?

Just a theory anyway, might just be Fox having an anti-China day. It does make a good point towards how much influence investors have in the name of a building.

CX.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
They should have just rebuilt the WTC. Could have been done in two years tops.

The ridiculous circus this whole nonsense has devolved to is just as insulting as it is pathetic.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

No disrespect intended to those who died that horrible day... but I have to agree "Freedom Tower" was so lame.

At that time we did go a little overboard... Freedom Tower... operation enduring freedom... patriot act... freedom fries etc. It reached the point where the whole thing was just plain tacky... understandable perhaps but tacky.

I agree completely. It just smacked of a weird 'Braveheart' mentality that's quite popular for some reason with a lot of Americans.

I always thought the most elegant and graceful tribute to those who died was the pillars of light... they should have kept them as part of the permanent memorial.

Whilst not exactly 'green', I thought that was pretty nice.

Although, obviously the best tribute would be the truth about what happened on September the 11th.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Anything from the mouth of faux news can be discounted as the blathering of morons.

Anyone who believes them needs to be on SSI.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

That wasn't nice and I apologize... it was an ugly smear against morons and those on SSI.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Fox News have just been talking about this....

The woman news anchor on Fox and Friends is asking whether it has been changed because China has bought up 6 floors plus, and maybe due to China's way of running their country, they wouldn't have invested in the new building if the "Freedom" name was kept?

Just a theory anyway, might just be Fox having an anti-China day. It does make a good point towards how much influence investors have in the name of a building.

CX.

You make a great point. Just look at the naming rights to stadiums and arenas nowadays. Granted the Freedom Tower name is a little over the top. However, I don't underestimate the influence of the Chinese either. Consider that they own $1 out of every $10 in US debt. We will never be able to pay them back with good old reliable US dollars. We will have to give them something more tangible.

Real Estate!! Say hello to your future Chinese landlords.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

So since Fox News reported the name change, that means it isn't going to be changed? It's going to remain Freedom Tower?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Could it be that they don't want people to have a reminder of the U.S. as a free sovereign nation?
I think the NWO would prefer to give it a name that will glorify the opposite...
say "One World Trade Center"?
Just thinking.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
smart move. Freedom Tower sounded like it should be at a an amusement park.

I think One World Trade Center is more open and inviting.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Anything from the mouth of faux news can be discounted as the blathering of morons.

Anyone who believes them needs to be on SSI.

LOL I guess you were wrong.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
That is a peculiar change why not just World Trade Center?

Whats the whole "One World" deal? I know it relates to the address, but most buildings are not referred to by the address number.

I think there is some kind of symbolism in all of this.

Where as the term Freedom Tower, as cheesy as some might think it sounds related to America.

"One World" on the other hand is quite the opposite.

Look at this quote from the story:

Port Authority officials addressed the name change after signing a lease with the Chinese firm, Vantone Industrial, which is the first private tenant to take space in the 2.6 million square foot tower

They might as well call it the Tower of Babel.

[edit on 27/3/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
That is a peculiar change why not just World Trade Center?

Whats the whole "One World" deal? I know it relates to the address, but most buildings are not referred to by the address number.

I think there is some kind of symbolism in all of this.

Where as the term Freedom Tower, as cheesy as some might think it sounds related to America.

"One World" on the other hand is quite the opposite.

Look at this quote from the story:

Port Authority officials addressed the name change after signing a lease with the Chinese firm, Vantone Industrial, which is the first private tenant to take space in the 2.6 million square foot tower

They might as well call it the Tower of Babel.

[edit on 27/3/09 by MikeboydUS]

The one is the street address... there were I believe world trade center plaza addresses 1 through 7.

Nothing symbolic or nefarious.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

If there wasn't anything symbolic it would simply be World Trade Center or if there are multiple buildings like before, World Trade Center 1.

One World was definitely planned for its symbolism. By who I have no idea, but probably the same people who decided to create the Information Awareness Office or IAO and used the Eye of Providence as its logo. IAO is the name of the Platonic demiurge (grand architect of the universe). IAO also had the Babylon project which was to develop an electronic universal translator.

My point is either there are people with an absurd sense of humor sitting in the halls of power or there are people with an agenda involving symbolic references to things that conspiracy theorists define as Illuminist.

These so called coincidences are vastly disturbing. Part of me wants to think they may be synchronistic in nature, meaning some outside force or agent is responsible and the humans are along just for the ride.

Regardless of the origin, they are happening and the frequency of their appearances is increasing.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I agree the whole One World Trade Center sounds rather creepy to me.

Freedom Tower sounds funny on the tongue, but One World Trade Center just sounds NWOish. When I first read the new name the first thought was this is the start of preparation for larger things to come. I do see some of the stuff happening now in rational ways and with understanding. But when you look at the picture as a whole it really looks like a one world rule is coming into play. I would think most here on ATS would see One World Trade Center and have dark thoughts about it. But hey that is me.

Raist

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Port Authority officials addressed the name change after signing a lease with the Chinese firm, Vantone Industrial, which is the first private tenant to take space in the 2.6 million square foot tower. Vantone will lease 190,000 square feet over six floors.

The china connection rumor is actually from Pataki, Fox News just picks up on it.

As you can see they want to change the name to Free Dumb Tower, but will settle for 1WTC.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I couldn't believe this when I heard it, talk about hiding the New World Order in plain sight. One World, Trade Center. We're seeing world leaders talking more and more about redoing the financial system and creating a new global financial order and now they've even changed the name of Freedom Tower to One World Trade Center...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well its pretty obvious that with the financial mess we as in the planet is currently in... leaving it up to the individual countries obviously doesn't work.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Why not call it The New World Order Trade Center while they are nameing it something else besides Freedom Tower.

It does not matter what they call the new tower We The People will always call it Freedom Tower. We The People still have the power if we use it to the good and work together to keep our freedom. Refuse to let the NWO dictate your life and stand up and be heard or keep quiet and lose all of your freedoms one at a time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join