It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the Face in the Sphinx?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Who is the face of the sphinx?

There is some talk of it being some male pharoah or male diety's face, and claims that it had a beard to at some time, but it fell off.

I fail to see how it could be male: if you look at the eyes, orbits, the cheeks formation, the face is definitely feminine. The eyes are very wide and beautiful. There is nothing masculine about it. The is kind of feminine mystique in the face of the sphinx. If some one has a head on foto of the sphinx could they kindly post it. All the shots i have analysed were taken from angles, but none head on.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Feminine males were usually adored in Egypt. Men back in those days didn't care for the gruff muscle bound society is obessed with today nor the need to be overly macho. Pharoahs wore makup and eyeliner and did all the bathroom preperation rituals that our highschool females do today.

If i remember correctly, they believed the feminist look made them closer to the female gods while being a man appealed to the male gods, so they could sit in the middle of the fence.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Androgynous... being neither distinguishably masculine nor feminine, as in dress, appearance, or behavior

the Sphinx was symbolic for a human-god, 1/2 lion, which was revered ...
a 3-way chimera... but the academics would disagree with my view

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The image on the sphinx if that of Ningishzidda son of Enki first born of Anu.

THE TENTH TABLET

"Enki to Enlil words of suggestion said: When in future days it will be asked:
When and by whom has this marvel been fashioned?
Let us beside the twin peaks a monument create, the Age of the Lion let it announce,
The image of Ningishzidda, the peaks' designer, let its face be,
Let it precisely toward the Place of the Celestial Chariots gaze,
When, by whom, and the purpose let it to future generations reveal!
So did Enki to Enlil suggest. To the words Enlil consented and to Enki said:
Of the Place of the Celestial Chariots, Utu must again the commander be;
Let the gazing lion, precisely eastward facing, with Ningishzidda's image be!"

The tablets were found in what's now modern day Iraq. Famous locations where a lot of tablets in ancient libraries were found: Sippar, Nippur and Nineveh. Sitchin used well over 800 Sumerian, Mesopotamian, Akkadian, Babylonian and Assyrian sources for this collection. He named this bundle of tablets he selected 'The Lost Book of Enki'.

And I quote "The Words of the lord Enki.
Written from the mouth of the great lord Enki,
not one word missed, not one word added,
by the master scribe Endubsar, a man of Eridu, son of Udbar.
By the lord Enki with long life I have been blessed."

You can begin to fathom our true history though the link below

The Lost Book of Enki

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The Sphinx's beard is in the collection of the British Museum.

Currently it's not certain whether the beard was a later addition or whether it was carved originally with the Sphinx itself, IIRC.

Harte

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The image on the Sphinx is that of Zachariah Sitchin. I have translated 800 of Sitchin's works through languages that I am unfamiliar with, and this phrase from 'How I couldn't be bothered to learn Sumerian' stands out:
'The sphinx is ME! And something to do with Nibiru, and 2012 probably'

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Mind giving an example of a mistranslation? Because I do take offense on his behalf seeing as how he has dedicated a lifetime of work into these tablets and you've most likely dedicated none... People aren't too prone to "throwing away" most of the years of their life on meer on rubbish, seeing as how we only have one. If you get the chance can you post maybe a passages of the translations you aquired so everyone else can judge for themselves if these translations speak of what is protrayed by Sitchin and his many years of hard work.
I find it extremely hilarious also that beyond all the research I've done, Sitchen seems to be the only person with an indepth, clearly understandable, accurate and backable explaination for the account of our existence, filling in all the loose ends on all our current theories and incomplete explainations of our coming to be *Darwin* and evolution.
If meerly any given person were to read through Sitchin's translations of The Lost Book of Enki I highly doubt they'd conclude otherwise. Seeing as how he provides a complete Emphasize Complete historical account for the human race answering most if not all lingering questions and monumental structures which everyone else still questions to this day, Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx it'self. Word by word account for account every part of the text explains without fault a perfectly understandable and plausable historical account of our ancestry and where and why and how we were brought to existence. Do yourselves a favor and take some time out of your lives to go through these translations and you will see for youselves what it is I speak of,
Because when things are spoken not only based on historical accounts but with physical evidence it'self for example this small passage: And I quote
"Unharmed it reached the celestial god Lahmu (Mars); it circled the planet, slowly to its surface it descended. A faint beaming a group of heroes followed; Ninmah was going with them. Beside a lakeshore Anzu they found; from his helmet the signals were beaming. Anzu himself was without motion, prostrate, he lay dead. Ninmah touched his face, to his heart she gave attention. From her pouch she took out the Pulser; upon Anzu's heart pulsing she directed. From her pouch she took out the Emitter, its crystals' life-giving emissions on his body she directed. Sixty times did Ninmah direct the Pulser, sixty times the Emitter she directed; On the sixtieth time Anzu his eyes opened, with his lips he motioned. Gently upon his face Ninmah Water of Life poured, his lips with it wetting. Gentle into his mouth the Food of Life she placed; Then the miracle did happen: Anzu from the dead arose! About Alalu they him then inquired; of Alalu's death Anzu them told. He led them to a great rock, from the plain heavenward protruding. There to them what had happened he was telling:
Alalu soon after the landing from unremitting pain to scream began.
From his mouth his innards he was spitting; in agony he peered over the wall! Thus was Anzu to them saying. He led them to a great rock, like a mountain from the plain heavenward rising. In the great rock a cave I found, Alalu's corpse therein l hid, Its entrance with stones I covered. So was Anzu to them saying. They followed him to the rock, the stones they removed, the cave they entered. Inside what of Alalu remained they found; He who once on Nibiru a king was a pile of bones was in a cave now lying! For the First time in our annals, a king not on Nibiru has died, not on Nibiru was he buried! So did Ninmah say. Let him in peace for eternity rest! she was saying. They the cave's entrance again with stones covered; The image of Alalu upon the great rock mountain with beams they carved. They showed him wearing an Eagle's helmet; his face they made uncovered. Let the image of Alalu forever gaze toward Nibiru that he ruled, Toward the Earth whose gold he discovered! So Ninmah, Exalted Lady, in the name of her father Anu did declare."

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Cydonia (region of Mars)

I am pretty sure we are all familier with this "optical illusion" are we not?

Now unlike all other sources I've only found one correlation to what is being spoken of in the text itself, and the only place which actually accounts for monuments on mars themselves.

"Alalu: The deposed king of Nibiru who escaped to Earth and discovered gold; died on Mars; his
image was carved on a rock that was his tomb"

I'm sorry I can continue this for hours for which when I tell you that this answers most if not all questions I do mean just that...

I'm going to go ahead and provide everyone interested with the pdf text of the translations so yous can go ahead and judge for yourselves, *smiles* You can use the search function on your pdf viewer to find an answer to almost any question you have regarding our past. Our affection and importance towards gold and so many more. Take the chance and see for yourselves. Then come back, and I can asure you that you'll come back smilling and wise and look upon the skeptics and question how foolish they must be to ignore such ancient and valuable texts... Also if you have understandings towards religions and their texts then this will cause you even more a wider smile, for the information and research and linking that Sitchen has done is beyond what we can imagine and deserves much much more then we can ever give, for we owe it to him that this information has been able to arise and be bestowed upon us. You be the judge. Don't let anyone else tell you your truths....

The Lost Book of Enki

Enlighten yourself to reality... screw the rest.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by f3rm1N]

I'm sorry I missed this: Life
"Sitchin was born in Baku, Azerbaijan, and was raised in Palestine. He acquired some knowledge of modern and ancient Hebrew, other Semitic and European languages, the Old Testament, and the history and archeology of the Near East. Sitchin graduated from the London School of Economics, University of London, majoring in economic history. A journalist and editor in Israel for many years, he now lives and writes in New York City. His books have been widely translated, converted to braille for the blind, and featured on radio and television."

[edit on 27-3-2009 by f3rm1N]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by f3rm1N
Mind giving an example of a mistranslation? Because I do take offense on his behalf seeing as how he has dedicated a lifetime of work into these tablets and you've most likely dedicated none... People aren't too prone to "throwing away" most of the years of their life on meer on rubbish, seeing as how we only have one.

"Mere rubbish" in this particular instance is approximately triple the income he was making in the field of his training - Economic History.

The dude is an economist and has no training at all in any ancient tongue whatsoever.

He has never, ever "translated" a single word. He robs from standard translations, inserts words that fit his loony ideas, and then claims to have made a "new translation."

If you believe him, then you have to believe that he is the only person on Earth that can accurately translate cuneiform because no other translator agrees with him in the least.

By the way, he's been challenged several times to translate a small piece of cuneiform tablet that has not been translated. He has refused for the last twenty years to do so. Thus he refuses to demonstrate for us that he knows how to translate cuneiform.

He's a liar and a thief. He's stealing your money, but that's your problem. If you don't care, why should anyone else?

Harte

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by f3rm1N

Well f3rm1N

Mind giving an example of a mistranslation?

Sure point us to the tablets that Zecharia used to create this document.

However we might be coming outside the purpose of this thread, you may wish to start another thread of resurrect an older Stichin one.

[edit on 27/3/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The carving of the Sphynx is dated several ways -- the main by the clues left around it and the way the Sphynx is carved. Before making too many conclusions, please remember that:

* It was originally a "lump of rock" in the middle of the Giza plateau.
* It is made up of two kinds of stone (one softer than the other.)
* we have at least one ancient monument (dream Stele) that talks about it
* the version we see today is not intact (the beard, as was said, is in the British Museum.

(oh... it would have been painted. Makeup was NOT used to make men more "feminine" in appearance but more "civilized" and to protect their eyes and skin from the harsh sand and sun. Everyone wore the makeup (reduces glare into your eyes) -- only "ignorant barbarians" walked around without powder sunscreen and eyeliner. Even farmers knew better.)

One clue about the date of the Sphynx is the headdress, called the "nemes cloth." The pharaohs had a number of crowns and head coverings, all of them symbolic and all of them created at different dates. You can roughly date any pharaoh in the world by the headgear they wear.

So the Nemes headcloth FIRST appears on Netjerikhet Djoser, the pharaoh, who built the first pyramid. It's a step pyramid and is still in reasonable condition. The style of the headcloth does not appear before then, but does become a symbol of royalty and divinity after that.

We have no idea how or why he came up with it, but he's the first, and he does predate the sphynx.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Byrd,
Definitely definitive, but you know they'll just come back with the head being recarved during that period and that the Sphinx is "obviously" thousands of years older.

Harte

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by f3rm1N

Awesome thank you for that.

Your post resonated the best so far, and I find it HIGHLY interesting all these "experts" on ATS presume to know what they think is 'truth'.

In our 'teachings' of 'his - story' you can not blame others for their ignorance in what they preach, as our/their version/s will be what they know. People that dispute the 'official his-story' will be seen as delusional and speculative 'kooks'.

I also suggest you check out Robert Morning Sky's 95 presentation which is simply MIND BLOWING!

www.youtube.com...

He also just did a interview after a ten year hiatus - probably due to many people claiming he, like Sitchen to be incorrect. Again his interview is fantastic here: www.veritasshow.com...

I'm just grateful people like you contribute to this site - which makes all the BS and dis/misinfo pale in comparison.

wZn

[edit on 27-3-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
the face on the Sphinx has already been covered.

bu the original head / face on the sphinx was carved out to show the face we see today.

this is my opinion anyway. you dont carve a monumental structure then get the proportions wrong.

the head should be 2x-3x bigger then the head that is currently on it.

when you find an Egyptian pharaoh statue that is 10 feet tall with the head the size of an apple. i'll believe they carved the entire thing.

its the earliest piece of graffiti we have imo.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 30 Seconds

Although the head is small it needs to be remembered that an adult lion is 3+meters in lenght and weighs from 225 to 275 kg, with some going up to 400 kg (10 feet long with a weight 500-900 pounds) That is for sub-Saharan lions. The lion subspecies that existed in the Middle East and the Nile valley, tended based on the source that conflict, to be slightly smaller or the same size.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well, what ARE the "correct proportions" for a sphynx? They don't exist, and if you look at both ancient Egyptian art and ancient Greecian art, you see that the proportions vary.

In this case, I really think that the rock itself (which as a lot of geological faults in it) dictated the proportions. They had carved most of the body and ran into problems with the head area. This is not an uncommon problem for sculptors who are doing large monuments in rock (carved out of a solid piece of rock instead of being formed in sections.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I think we are in that nebulous area of "artistic license".

They may have run into flaws and faults in the stone, and the Sphinx exhibits this in the body, which caused them to have to reduce the size of the head.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Is it still unknown how the sphinx' face became so damaged? As a kid I read that Napoleon's soldiers did it, subsequently I've read that the damage was already present in the 15th Century. At times it has been covered up to its neck in sand, this would leave the face vulnerable to attack. As people cycle through religions, the former idols are frequently disfigured or assimilated.

Idle curiosity; who did it?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Farouk, on the plateau, with a hammer!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Farouk, on the plateau, with a hammer!

Your slavish devotion to NWO Establishment paradigms of archaeology and willful dismissal of evidence of 'lost advanced Atlantean civilizations' is again revealed as a tawdry veil.

I think the damage represents further evidence of Zahi Hawass seeking to conceal the Truth of AE technology...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fedc13265593.jpg[/atsimg]

Explain this Mr Hanslune (or should that be Mr Hawass?!)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join