It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger To Provide Government Camps For Homeless

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by HunkaHunka

There are very few choices here - the tents where people are living (and it is a lifestyle choice for some) are being removed.

Now I have no beef with those who want to move, but what about those that want to stay where they are?

This is also being applied in a mandatory way.

There is also the Halliburton involvement in the legislation here and the preperation for US tropps to act on US soil here

There is also the less savoury side to arnie here as you would have read if you'd bothered to go through the whole thread.

Granted the arnie site is biased, but all of the information is easily verifiable.

There's my case.

Where's yours?

How does a contract to haliburton in 2006 have anything to do with these emergency camps being proposed today?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

There are more camps being built than just the ones in California - that's the whole point.

Have you actually read the article or the thread?

Or was your first post a knee jerk reaction?

Perhaps if you read what was being posted you wouldn't have to ask these questions.

If you read all the information it's quite easy to see how it can be tied together, and be a point for discussion.

[edit on 27/3/2009 by budski]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Would you please stop asking me if I read the thread?

You keep repeating that ad hominem, like a broken record.

it's as if you would think I should believe the same as you "having read the thread".

All I'm sayin' is that I have been asking my congress for camps like these ever since katrina occured.

That's right, I've actually petitioned for these things... why else do you think they are in the legislation? We the people want this.

Now you the people may not, but we the people do. :-)

I suppose if you want to dress up everything with a conspiratorial nature and yell fire in a crowded theater, you are free to do so.

All I'm saying is that you attempt to make this sound like an open and shut case.. they are after us and this is proof. And to say that... sounds like complete lunacy.

Sorry... just my .02

To be honest... I feel as if there were an emergency, an the GOV hadn't taken the steps to prepare for it, like this, then you would also be yelling how they new it was going to occur and they let us all die...

[edit on 27-3-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Sorry but you obviously haven't read the thread.

Or replied to my questions about the dubiousnous of the legislation.

or why camps are being built under contract on military bases.

or why the constitution has been circumvented to allow troops to operate in mainland US.

Would you care to address these issues?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Sorry but you obviously haven't read the thread.

yes I have read it.. why does it seem so obvious to you that I haven't? because I don't side with you?

Or replied to my questions about the dubiousnous of the legislation.

This I have done as well... I don't see any dubiousness to the legislation as I petitioned for it.

or why camps are being built under contract on military bases.

Because it's a matter of national security maybe? Plus there's ample space. passes my sniff test.

or why the constitution has been circumvented to allow troops to operate in mainland US.

Now.. this I don't debate with you... But my answer is because the Iraq war caused such a lack of support from our National Guard that we had to do something.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Actually, the legislation I was referring to was to do with posting of troops on US soil, which is how I know you haven't read all the info.

Not the legislation for the camps.

Why would you think it is a good idea for people to be in camps under the control of the military?

We've seen this before - it lead to a world war and tens of millions of dead.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger: Hey kids, what's wrong?

Kids: We're sad, Mom and Dad can't afford to send us to summer camp, since we got that new world dollar.

Nancy L. Ward: Aw, that's terrible but you can come to my FEMA camp and it's free!

Kids: Free?!

AAS: Yes free and there are many activ-it-ies!

Kids: Wow! Will there be games?

NLW: Oh yes, the camp commandants ... sorry, I mean counselors have some great games, including 'black coffin hide-and-seek', 'burn the constitution' and 'my bunkmate is white al-Qaeda'.

Kids: Cool but we don't have to wash do we?

AAS: No of course not, the showers have no water.

Kids: Awesome!

etc................

Seriously, the intent of this legislation has not been explained to the American people. Where are the emergency and disaster plans which show your regional 'legitimate' camps, directions and federal advice. If this is really, solely emergency and disaster plans, why hide them?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Actually, the legislation I was referring to was to do with posting of troops on US soil, which is how I know you haven't read all the info.

Not the legislation for the camps.

Why would you think it is a good idea for people to be in camps under the control of the military?

We've seen this before - it lead to a world war and tens of millions of dead.

Maybe it's a govt. program like "Scared Straight" where they take young offenders to prisons to get them to change their ways.

They could take people to the camps and show them the guillotine. That would settle them down.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here is a post I made yesterday on another thread, but the same applies...

Originally posted by larphillips
I admit that I'm conspiratorially minded, but I can't help but think that these "shantytowns" are being manipulated and encouraged. Why? Because you have to create a real scene... a real Katrina-type tragedy of misplaced Americans, and get that stuff on every MSM outlet you can find. Then the average "folks" are going to parrot the President's “not acceptable for children and families to be without a roof over their heads in a country as wealthy as ours” line. They will begin demanding that something be done... with a healthy dose of "but not in my backyard" thrown in for good measure. Before you know it, the "perfect solution" will begin to materialize... perhaps FEMA should help!

And then it begins. How do you herd masses of United States citizens into camps without "spooking the flock?" You do it under the cover of "assistance" and "rescue." Load 'em up into these special people-mover traincars and ship 'em to the nearest facility. We'll have very full FEMA camps before we know it... and a slave labor force in place to build even more. Once those camps are established and in place, it will be very, very easy to dissapear whole families and hide "dissenters" in them.

Heck, it'll all be over before we know it... the government and the media will start to demonize this group and then that one and the sheep will be falling all over themselves to get those people in the camps next. Once all those domestic "terrorists" (damn Libertarians) and other free-thinkers are off the playing field, you won't have to round up any more. The cattle are now perfectly docile and ready to do anything asked of them.

Game over.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Starred.

That's a point I hadn't fully considered.

Nice one

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by mental modulator

Well, this IS a conspiracy site and with all the CT's about the FEMA camps this is a question worth exploring IMO.

A major point is this:
Is this how it all starts, rounding up the homeless and popping them into camps?
Next thing they'll be required to "labour" in order to pay for their accomodation.

And if they force people into these camps, isn't that a scary thought?

It certainly is to me...

Isn't that about how it began 60-some years ago on a different continent?

Just some scary little thoughts.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Legislation currently working it’s way through Congress mandates the establishment of “national emergency centers” to be located on military installations.

Yes - why military installations?
Do these military installations come with guards?
With work detail?

Are there not enough forclosed and empty houses that one
might try to refurbish and use for the purpose of housing the
newly homeless?

No. If this is true.
Than this is likely trouble.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo
[Are there not enough forclosed and empty houses that one
might try to refurbish and use for the purpose of housing the
newly homeless?]

Yes, exactly! Tear the houses down that are on these empty properties, and set up small, prefab houses for fairness, and outfit it with basic bathrooms and kitchens, create jobs in the process, enable people to have pride in their labors, landscape their neighbourhoods, improve their neighbourhoods...

But nooo! They have to live in camps in isolated military installations with what I think is a dubious claim that these 'showers' will only spew out water, and not have alternate piping for... you get the idea.

I doubt that these people who will move to these camps will be allowed to leave for "X" amount of time.

Soon, these people will be told what to do by force, even to give up their children for nerfarious purposes by the military guards or the PTB, or anyone who has an stake in their reality.

Don't think it will happen, doubters? IT HAPPENED IN NAZI GERMANY!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Starred.

That's a point I hadn't fully considered.

Nice one

Thanks.

Let's just hope I'm way, way off base.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Me too.

The fact that they exist at all is a pretty scary thought.

I can see why some people would want rescue centres, but this goes far beyond that, and into control centres.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
meh...

I guess I'll try hard to keep my job.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Maybe it will help them Concentrate on how to escape the situation.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I went to the actual Congress website within the link, Government Track U.S. and read the actual language of the Bill itself. My opinion, the short and skinny version, is that this is a repackaged version of the former nasty sounding Rex - 84 program, which was nixed back when former Colonel Oliver North still had a good name within the military prior the Iran/Contra scandal.

If you read the Rex - 84 reference on Wikipedia, and go through all of its reference material, you will see what I'm referring to.

Go down to the "See Also" section as well and read up more thoroughly and in depth on the National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive, more colloquially known as "Directive 51" as well as be sure to read thoroughly the section right below it on the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007 in order to get a clearer picture of it all.

People here on ATS need to remeber, that websites like Prison Planet have their own views, as well Government has its own, both use propaganda effectively, so you should not just follow either of them just because the ideas seem good to you, but educate yourself and do some of your own detective work to get to the bottom of what you are reading about using intelligence, wisdom, and discernment.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
NOW if "they" have been hinting at the homeless people being EVIL, BURDENSOME or
sub human then I would be worried. It would indicate that TPTB are attempting to ostracize a portion on the population, making their imprisonment justifiable and socially acceptable. SO far no such speak... DON'T forgot, Fascism depends on a great deal of support from the population, it cannot exist without the physiological aspects.

You mean like how DHS said terrorists were dressing up as homeless people to warrant their removals? Like here?

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
There are many here saying FEMA Camp this or FEMA Camp that. However, it is past history that points to one simple fact, anything that can be used for both moral and immoral practices will be.

The camps would first be setup for "moral" reasons ie help the homeless, poor, disadvantaged etc. It is only later, should the need arise, that they are used in an "immoral" fashion.

Relocation Centers have a tendency to turn into something less honorable when governments are dealing with domestic problems. Let the economy collapse and people start rioting due to frustration and anger and the "Relocation Center" becomes a concentration camp or something worse.

Arnold just might have humanitarian intentions but it may not end that way. History has a way of repeating. "That which was is that which will be, for there is nothing new under the sun" Salomon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join