It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger To Provide Government Camps For Homeless

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

YOUR crapping in the wrong bucket here... D.F is filled with apathy - one of the richest man in the Western hemisphere is a Mexican... D.F has insane wealth and a cast class system if I have ever saw one. The rich hoard and have siphoned so much of the economy to so few that there is a lack of money. There are tens of square miles of shanty towns on the outskirts, the political system failed the the population there and the disregard and apathy for one another is palatable in my experience. I saw a more than few ROTTING on the tubs in D.F - literally BLACK and melted, gooey skin with some hideous condition...

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to when you say "D.F" but the fact that there are rich Mexicans doesn't really mean anything in relation to what your point is. Poverty in the third world is the result of exploitation by the corporate sector and the rich countries that allow them to do as they please with no regard for the local populations. The infrastructure of many of these countries is deliberately underdeveloped in many cases in order to keep this happening. None of this happens because of apathy; it happens because of the economic system in place locally and internationally.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This is very, very scary. Couple that with what they are saying in the UK (here) about an impending attack or "probable event", 60,000 peopel being trained and you really start to worry. This is linked, I'm sure to the Bin Laden threat thread....

What event can Arnie be on about though??

There needs to be something happen (nuke, chenical attack, collapse of financial institutions) for 'it' to be put in place. I also don't think they would stop at homeless people.

But, isn't this nhow nazi Germany started?

Very creepy! Starred and flagged!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It may also be prudent to take note of the thread about drug testing for welfare recipients - when enough things point in the same direction, coincidence becomes a moot point.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What? Doesn't California have any FEMA camps with the razor wire leaning inwards to put these people?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

[Next thing they'll be required to "labour" in order to pay for their accomodation.

I see no issue with ppl doing labour for accomodations and shelter, I have to work for my food and roof over my head, I'm against forced camps as it were, but if ppl are out of work or homeless, just as well to make themselves usefull

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Allowed to stay?
or forced to stay...
There's a big difference.
And the article is about connecting the dots, and looking for possible problems, especially given the way new laws have been worded, and the way more "camps" are being built as we speak, by contractors under license to the government.
Let's also not forget Arnie's ties to TPTB, including the kennedy's and former Nazi's - if you don't believe me, look it up.
There is a very definite CT angle to this story - it's just that people have to look past the end of their nose to see it.

No one is forced to live there

Its not a camp or prison they can leave whenever they like.
Most probably wouldn't want to leave.
Think about it for a moment budski.
I don't like politicians any more than you in fact id like to shoot some.
But the fact is, we are always complaining about how they never help anyone.
And in this case, Arnold Swashsticker is actual helping people.
Its very very dangerous, especially for children, to live in a tent city.
He is converting the fair grounds, and providing them with security and possibly facilities for showering toilets etc.
I say the Terminator is doing ok on this one.
I think trying to turn this around and trying to make it look like forced camps doesn't help anyone.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
It may also be prudent to take note of the thread about drug testing for welfare recipients - when enough things point in the same direction, coincidence becomes a moot point.

Budski, I think your concern is a mite misplaced, though I see where it's coming from. Remember...the Nazis evolved out of a bunch of guys drinking beer in Munich, so need it follow that a night out with the lads will lead to the rounding up of 'undesirables'?

Read your Steinbeck and recall, too, that during the Great Depression, camps were set up to house the transients and economic refugees that were left homeless. These are extraordinary times. The tent cities are appearing, without benefit of water, food, hydro, medical facilities, policing...all the trappings of civilization. The American people need better than to be living in third-world conditions.

And, as I've said...Jones is a buffoon. When the man with the bullhorn says "Look here...look over here!!!"...
Well, I'm inclined to look somewhere's else for the truth.

But like they said, back in the day..."A little paranoia is always cool"

Good Catch, budski.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I came into this world at a 'Displaced Person Camp',
(which these 'homeless camps' ammount to)

and i guess i have a good chance of leaving this world
from a modern day 'Displaced Person Camp' ...

made then lost small fortunes in between, Oh Well(sigh)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged

[Next thing they'll be required to "labour" in order to pay for their accomodation.

I see no issue with ppl doing labour for accomodations and shelter, I have to work for my food and roof over my head, I'm against forced camps as it were, but if ppl are out of work or homeless, just as well to make themselves usefull

Volunteering to labor is Constitutional; Involuntary is defined as slavery and is unconstitutional.

Yours is the ideal that people are getting something for nothing. Our gov't is supposed to work FOR the people; not people working to support the gov't.

They've twisted our charter into something that seems reasonable but, in this context, is out of bounds.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by aLiiEn

You seem to be ignoring the other main points of the story, which other posters have mentioned - the other camps being built on military bases.

As far as governor arnies camps go - I wish I shared your optimism.

There's also the fact that these tent ghetto's are being forcibly closed, and the people there being moved to a place where they can be more easily controlled.

You tried having a go at the source, that didn't work, so now you try to just poo-poo any idea which doesn't fit in with how you see things?

I am discussing POSSIBLE implications, rather than just gainsaying everything I don't agree with.

Perhaps you'd like to do the same?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I am against ppl being forced to work. BUT, I see no issue with setting up shelters in areas that may need work done. Work in exchange for food/board is a very fair trade in my opinion to ppl who are homeless or just choose not to work. If ppl need assistance, by all means help where you can. But if I were homeless and unemployed, I would jump at the chance to work somewhere thats not a sidewalk to sleep.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I wasn't really making that type of comparison, so perhaps I should have been a little clearer.

Although it could be said that TPTB differ from some of the nazi's only in their choice of venue for meetings - such as a Bilderberg meeting, or an Ive league/Oxbridge club/society.

It's all behind closed doors, we know arnie has connections there, so who really knows what's going on?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Ah looks as if Schwarzenazi is up to no good. The Governator actually figured out how to start the ball rolling on FEMA death camps? Really?

I hope someone takes a good hard long look at the plumbing of the showers before turning them on.

Can anyone explain to me why somone whos father was a Nazi calling for manditory roundups of homeless people and putting them into camps is a good thing?

I wonder if they will be given tattoos so that the staff know to what dormatory they are assigned to. I mean homeless people loose stuff at an alarming rate right? Wouldnt tattoos say on the forarm be a solution to identification problems?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
AJ is sending a couple guys to Sac this weekend to shoot some video and get some interviews.

I don't like the feeling of this whole situation. I wonder where this will happen next?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
And of course the barbed wire/razor wire fences are for the security and protection of the poor.

Welcome to the hotel California, you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

This Website asks a few questions that probably need an answer, including about his friendship with Kurt Waldheim (sp)

It's clearly biased, but does raise some rather interesting points which I feel merit discussion - particularly his "dictator" comments.

"My relationship to power and authority is that I'm all for it." -- Arnold Schwarzenegger at 44 to US News and World Report in 1990.

"People need somebody to watch over them... Ninety-five percent of the people in the world need to be told what to do and how to behave." -- Arnold Schwarzenegger at 44 to US News and World Report in 1990.

"My friends don't want me to mention Kurt's name, because of all the recent Nazi stuff and the U.N. controversy, but I love him and Maria does too, and so thank you, Kurt."
Arnold Schwarzenegger on his friend and fellow Austrian Kurt Waldheim, a Nazi war criminal

"I was born to be a leader. I love the fact that millions of people look up to me."

I was always dreaming about very powerful people, dictators and things like that. I was just always impressed by people who could be remembered for hundreds of years, or even, like Jesus, be for thousands of years remembered."
Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 1977 film Pumping Iron

source

[edit on 27/3/2009 by budski]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Sacramento isn't the only place in California that is having a terrible problem with families being displaced after losing jobs homes etc. It is everywhere here now. The talk of using a base is talk about the Presidio next to the Golden Gate bridge no doubt. The place is HUGE and EMPTY! Has been for years. There is row after row of housing where people who have been displaced can stay and get back on their feet.
I can see why it would be such a scary thing with the "fema' camps all over the USA. But here in California we have a genuine crisis with people being homeless. My hub and I are intentionally carrying around smaller bills so we can give homeless families what we can. He is lucky and is still working, most of the people we know are either laid off or have had their hours cut way back. Things are hard all over right now and if we need to "open' the shut down bases and let people with kids stay there to get on their feet then I am all for it.
But if as you say it is to ostracize them from society and cause them to do some form of forced labor, then perhaps we should be worried. Until I see evidence of them doing that and not just getting the people off the street and into a place to stay so they can get back on their feet, I will remain neutral.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno Can anyone explain to me why somone whos father was a Nazi calling for manditory roundups of homeless people and putting them into camps is a good thing?

Is that, indeed a fact? It's a pretty serious charge, so I'd be interested in seeing a citation for that statement, if you don't mind.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

If you are asking about the fact that Schwarzenegger's father was a Nazi it is true.

en.wikipedia.org...

Though it has never been hidden, nor has the governor ever denied it, it is hardly an issue here.

These tent cities are proving to be a major embarrassment to the state, the logical thing for them to do is to move these people to a place where they can appear to be helping them, and to control exposure of "the problem" to the public and media.

You have not seen the real FEMA camps yet.

Stay tuned!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have to ask would people prefer homeless people on the streets and living in unsanitary tent cities/shanty towns?

Various government and humanitarian agencies run refugee camps all over the world in many Third World countries. These are not concentration camps.

The fact is this is a sign. A sign that America is descending into a state comparable to a Third World nation. We have shantytowns and tent cities popping up across the country. Our standard of living is falling. We are slowly becoming a Third World state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join