It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British PM and Palace 'discussed reform'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
Hello,

I think that is because, to my knowledge, in the UK we do not elect a leader, but a party. So if Gordon chose to, he could put his pet dog at the forefront of the party to become the PM

Yes, but the point I'm making is that when it comes to 'Head of...' being undemocratic, then 'Leader of...' isn't any more democratic. So why single out Royalty?

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The whole lot should be replaced, including Parliament. The House of Commons should nominate and confirm its Prime Minster.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The whole lot should be replaced, including Parliament. The House of Commons should nominate and confirm its Prime Minster.

Surely, in a democracy you'd like to us to have a say on whether it gets changed?

Shouldn't we also have more of a say as to how we're involved in the EU whilst we're at it?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Some of our greatest monarchs have been women, Elizabeth I, Victoria etc so I don't think that's really an issue.

Amazing, if we were talking about making it illegal for the monarch to marry a Muslim the country would be up in arms yet it is perfectly acceptable to discriminate against Catholics.

Shoud we have a monarchy?
About time we had a referendum on that one but, hell, referendum's? Isn't that true democracy and to be discouraged at all costs.
Can't have the people actually having a say in matters of any importance!

As for Parliament, it's a joke as are most or all modern politicians.
We need a modern day Guy Fawkes, ( notice the Catholic link,
), and total electoral reform aimed at delivering a truly democratic form of government.

[edit on 27/3/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
royals cant marry catholics like catholics or depared catholics cant join masonary royals are dictators in nwo and all cristains they study religons as a means to steal youthats why the brithish ramped egypt artifacts there horders of knolege and believed controllers of light

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It seems like Gordon want to make Britain a modern country. How dare he?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join