It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body of US Marshall found in Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Body of US Marshall found in Mexico

www.kvia.com

JUAREZ, Mexico -- A deputy U.S. marshal who was shot to death in Juarez was wanted in the United States, according to court documents.

The U.S. Marshals Service confirmed that the body found in a Juarez canal on Wednesday was that of 48-year-old Vincent Paul Bustamante, a deputy U.S. marshal assigned to the El Paso office.

Chihuahua state police said that Bustamante died of a gunshot wound to the head.

At the time of his death Bustamante was on administrative leave. Bustamante was wanted for failure to appear in court on charges of criminal theft of public property, according to Jeff Carter, a spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed all caps title.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
(CNN) -- The body of a U.S. marshal has been discovered in Juarez, Mexico, according to the U.S. Marshals Service, the latest discovery in a wave of violence that has gripped towns along the U.S.-Mexico border in recent months.

The body of Deputy Marshal Vincent Bustamante was found Wednesday in Juarez, Mexico.

The body of Deputy Marshal Vincent Bustamante, who was the subject of an arrest warrant accusing him of criminal theft of government property, was found in Juarez on Wednesday, said Marshals Service spokesman Jeff Carter.

Chihuahua state police said the body had multiple wounds to the head, apparently consistent with an execution-style shooting, according to Edgar Roman, a reporter with XHIJ television in Juarez.

NOW ITS GONNA GET UGLY!

www.kvia.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
What disturbs me, is not the news of a US marshal possibly being executed on the Mexican border but your apparent excitement about the whole thing.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

NOW ITS GONNA GET UGLY!

Why is it going to get ugly?

We don't even know what he was doing in Mexico or who killed him.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Oh the hipocracy!!!(sp?)

We are not allowed to kill Mexican citizens, even if they murder Americans.... But they go and do THIS!?

lol

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The man was a wanted felon. He stole several handguns, a shotgun, and binoculars. He would pawn the guns, and then buy them back on payday after he got paid. It sounds like he was into something bad, and pissed off the wrong people about it.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

We are not allowed to kill Mexican citizens, even if they murder Americans.... But they go and do THIS!?

You have proof that Mexicans did this or you just like blaming Mexicans period.

IMO, it is just too early to blame anybody for his death. He could have been killed because he was about to rat somebody out. Just too early to tell.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Hey, for all we know... You could be right. Taking him out coulda been special ops, for any reason. Perhaps he wanted to be a whistleblower, and felt safer doing it NOT in the US...

Thanks for makin' me wonder.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
It's not gonna get ugly.

Our government would have to actually care about it's citizens in order for it to get ugly. We all know they don't give a rat's behind about any of us, not even their LEO's .

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

But you got to wonder how many more dirty U.S. cops are helping the cartels .

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Wanted Marshal or not this will be the justification used to send U.S. troops over to the Mexico side of the border to secure it.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
www.google.com...

Fugitive US marshal found dead in Mexico By DEVLIN BARRETT – 15 hours ago WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal authorities say a deputy U.S. marshal wanted for allegedly stealing a government shotgun has been found dead in Mexico. A spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service says Deputy Vincent Bustamante was found dead Wednesday in Juarez. Bustamante had been a fugitive since March 18 when he failed to show up for a court date in El Paso, Texas. He was placed on modified duty status after a pawnbroker called to report Bustamante had pawned a government shotgun. A law enforcement official says Bustamante was found with a gunshot wound to the back of his head.

why is the us Marshall now a fugitive?

says he stole a shotgun..
If he is found dead and had a shotgun...it's because the bullet in his Head will not allow him to give it back...lol

[edit on 27-3-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
My first thought was..
WTF was a US Marshal doing in Mexico at a time like this?
He of allpeople should have known that copsarent really liked down there right now, ESP US Marshals.
It is a sad thing he got shot yes, but if you ask me, it was his own damn fault for going down there(whatever the reason was).
No disrespect to the man, but that wasnt a very bright move on his part.
That is like a woman knowingly walking into an alley where she knows that there are rapists hanging at.
Did this guy think he was Chuck Norris or something?
Like I said, no disrespect, I just think he wasnt very bright.
(Unless he was dragged into Mexico I just dont see what he was trying to do)

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Has hillary made it out alive yet.
I'm not going to hold my breath.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I was going to say something along the same line but didn't want to come across as an insensitive person. Your right and you did a great job in the way you said it. This man should have never been down there in the first place. Hell, the US even has a travel warning for people thinking about going down there.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

NOW ITS GONNA GET UGLY!

Why is it going to get ugly?

True, but I personally feel that it matters little whether or not he was commencing forth in illicit activities, because he was still a U.S. Marshall, i.e., a Federal Agent, and it is unquestionable that we cannot tolerate such a heinous act.

There stands a very good chance that he was whacked by a Mexicano Cartel, because years ago they filmed and bragged about themselves torturing one of our DEA Agents to Death. They have also been known to have cut the heads off of at least Three U.S. Border Patrol Agents, when they dumped their bodies in the Arizona desert.

Obviously we do not want to jump to conclusions in this matter, but I have no doubt that the Cartels would so such a thing, and regardless of the Deputy Marshall's "Leave" Status, what happened to him is still wrong, and those responsible need to be pursued.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
My first thought was..
WTF was a US Marshal doing in Mexico at a time like this?
He of allpeople should have known that copsarent really liked down there right now, ESP US Marshals.
It is a sad thing he got shot yes, but if you ask me, it was his own damn fault for going down there(whatever the reason was).
No disrespect to the man, but that wasnt a very bright move on his part.
That is like a woman knowingly walking into an alley where she knows that there are rapists hanging at.
Did this guy think he was Chuck Norris or something?
Like I said, no disrespect, I just think he wasnt very bright.
(Unless he was dragged into Mexico I just dont see what he was trying to do)

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Common Good]

In case you have never had deeper insight into our legal processes, we do in fact send United States Marshall's all over the world in pursuit of Fugitives.

Just recently we also pledged a massive increase in our U.S. Marshall presence in Mexico, in order to aide their Federal Government in the Tracking down and Apprehension of Wanted Cartel members.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I live in Miami, when you want to get rid of a body you dump it in the Everglades.

I used to live in California and someone didn't want a body to come back to haunt them you dump it over the border in Mexico.

If the guy was pawning government shotguns at a local pawn shop he was likely into the local loan sharks. Probably really into the local loan sharks to be risking his career and pension on a risky move like pawning government property and a gun at that.

Criminals do business with corrupt law enforcement officers all the time.

Maybe he refused to pay, or couldn't pay, and when they went to lean on them he said something stupid, like I have friends at the FBI. So they shot him and killed him, apparently execution style if it was a single shot to the head and realizing he was a law enforcement officer and a Federal one at that dumped the body over the border.

Not only would it take the Mexicans longer to identify an American body, but it puts geographical distance between the actual crime scene and the site the body is dumped at. They certainly would have also been savy enough to know that the political climate of unrest in Mexico would have gone a far way in casting suspicions away from the actual murderers.

I am pinning this one on the Italians.

Let's nuke Italy!

Wait, I like Italy.

Lets nuke, Lithuania, it's small no one will notice it's missing, we will feel better after collectively punishing someone.

[edit on 27/3/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Apparently, he was fleeing the Texas police. He also probably had criminal ties in Mexico as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by delta33
reply to post by Chadwickus

But you got to wonder how many more dirty U.S. cops are helping the cartels .

Who said he was helping the cartels? He pawned his guns for money.

How is pawning a shotgun helping the cartels?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join