It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Origins of Man - Forbidden Archeology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Not too crazy sounding.. Took us a couple hundred years to build our country and put stuff in space. A lot can happen in five billion years. I've always wondered if the earth would just take everything back. If a major global disaster occurs and everything on the surface is incinerated, can we bring life back? I believe it's possible, but it's hard to imagine that extremely complex life could come back. It's a fact that a meteorite struck the earth and ended the dinosaur. This is not even up for discussion according to the Iridium ring circling the earth, so how would we survive?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by suterlaben

Thx for posting, sounds interesting. First going to watch the vids on the tube.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It is my personal opinion that this program presents a very close representation to the truth.

If you follow it out, it explains A LOT. Atlantis, megalithic mystery structures, why those megalithic mystery structures ALL seem to have been built as clocks, The Piri Reis Map (this account is unbelievable in and of itself!) and much more.

I just hope that dude towards the end has his dates right and the next slip isn't set to occur in 2012.
I mean, if we were to take this story at face value, what it basically says is that the Atlantean culture was the latest of a series of failed civilizations (literature supports this as well) that fell victim to Earth Crust Displacement (an event that triggers a literal 2,000 mile shift of the earth's entire crust) and that that "Island" is now the continent of Antarctica. The people that survived the cataclysm (most likely those who were at the time abroad) moved about and started spreading their knowledge to the rest of the people around the globe, most likely building these structures as a device to calculate the next shift.
The Ancient Americans were amongst those directly influenced by them. Including those who predated the Mayans... (just sayin)

Anyhow, thanks for posting it here. I've seen this before and I loved it.

It really hammers home the similarities in these cultures' construction methods in particular with their comments on how both (Ancient Egypt and Ancient American) used alloy staples between blocks in their structures that required a portable smelting device.

There are some positives to think about though. Our polar caps are melting right now. So unless the mechanism of Earth Crust Displacement are incorrect, we shouldn't see one any time soon.
Hopefully time enough to figure this puzzle out and find a way to side-step it...

My guess is it is the "aliens."

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I don't know if it has been mentioned before but there's a really interesting book about this topic, which is free for download in pdf format.

Earth forbidden secrets.pdf (just click on the left image)

There's also a radio interview with maxwell igan about his book on youtube:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I believe that there is strong evidence for extra-terrestrial intervention, especially when looking at ancient literature, hieroglyphs, cave drawings, etc.

I say this because of the various occurrences of buildings, monuments, statues and other physical objects displaying extremely accurate construction techniques, seemingly impossible for the technology at the estimated times of construction.

There are only a few examples of these worldwide, but they have similar characteristics as the video shows.

IMO these could only have been made by an advanced civilization with technology not available to the Earth natives at the time.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

How does the fact that the guy believes in god detract from what he presents?
Just a question.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by wakingmind Seems to me that tangible evidence to the contrary might make said group of general propositions rather incoherent as a means of explaining a class of phenomena.
But please, I'm sure your command of the english language far exceeds mine, so excuse me for sinking deeper into my quagmire of stupidity, pal.

Oh, now I've gone and caused offence. I was actually being quite sincere...my sarcasm is much, much richer. But here's chapter and verse from Wiki:

A theory, in the general sense of the word, is an analytic structure designed to explain a set of observations. A theory does two things:

it identifies this set of distinct observations as a class of phenomena, and

makes assertions about the underlying reality that brings about or affects this class.

The term is often used colloquially to refer to any explanatory thought, even fanciful or speculative ones, but in scholarly use it is reserved for ideas which meet baseline requirements about the kinds of observations made, the methods of classification used, and the consistency of the theory in its application among members of that class. These requirements vary across different fields of knowledge, but in general theories are expected to be functional and parsimonious: i.e. a theory should be the simplest possible tool that can be used to effectively address the given class of phenomena.
en.wikipedia.org...

you lost me when you purposely used wiki as a source............this is a great thread that deserves better......

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I do believe this is what Creationism "Evolved" in to.
And who better to know more about creationism than somebody
that played Moses.

In true creationism fashion it starts most sentences with

"How could" or "Some experts say"

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I notice a lot of people attacking the videos on even what I consider to be the most outlandish idea of the lot.
That being that Evolution is incorrect.
In reality, the evolutionary comments matter not at all to the overall idea of the videos.

Like someone said on the last page, remember that any theory can only be pursued through funding first.

Is the astronomy incorrect?
The building specifications?

Or is it as the author claims that these things like the alloyed staples in the building blocks found round the globe simply ignored because they don't fit with current models?

I lean toward the latter.

Not once in the video did anyone mention anything about creationism.

Who are the ones building strawmen? Baiting much?

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by prjct

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck But here's chapter and verse from Wiki:

you lost me when you purposely used wiki as a source............this is a great thread that deserves better......

Oh puleeeze...so I grab a quikki reference that says what I want it to say because I'm up to my arse in other stuff. And I cite it as such. So sue me. The message is the same, and reasonably elegant at that.

At least I use caps in my sentences.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Very awesome series! Thanks for sharing it!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
this reminds me some what of the scientists who thought it would be fun to see if there was any evidence to suggest that the EPIC OF GILGAMESH's recounting of a flood that wiped out Sumer, actually happened. the most telling part are the results of the research and the other scientists response to it, especially the lady who says.. it's a fairy tale.
even with the evidence mounting, it's a fairy tale. denial, it's not just a river in egypt

here is the very interesting BBC documentary of their findings

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Have any of you actually READ "Forbidden Archeology"?

I HAVE. It reads more like a collegiate level textbook on archeology than what some of the people on here are describing. It is 900+ pages of footnotes, appendices, and notations. It is NOT a book for the general populous, as it is incredibly dry and boring (because it is nothing but scientific facts and data). Any "opinions" are few and far between.

The author is not a creationist per-se. He merely says that humans in their present form have existed for MILLIONS of years, not hundreds of thousands as is commonly believed in the scientific community.

Read the book, THEN tell me how the author "got it all wrong", and is a "creationist", etc., etc., etc. Until then, you people are ignorant of what he shows.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Yes, because there will always be agents of suppression where-ever any little bit of a tiny piece of truth comes out. The only apparent rebuttal here against that show and it's authors; is the attempt to discredit Hinduism. Now, I am not exactly a proponent of Hinduism either, but I like to think that there are fundamental pieces of truth spouting from every culture, religion, science and information base in the world. The idea that man may go back millions of years is not so out-there IMO.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Very nice post!

Like many others I try to connect the dots and when most people talk about ancient history they go like 500 years back or maybe even a thousand.

I don´t want to go for the alien theory, maybe we had visitors from outer space, maybe we didn´t but like Von Dänichen states out; tribes in the south pacific had visitors some 60 years ago and now they worship WW2 airplanes hoping for the "gods" to come back so nothing is impossible.

There are a few things we CANNOT explain!
Like the Nasca lines, how the pyramids were built, easter Island, stonehenge and the Ale stones in southern sweden. www.zwoje-scrolls.com...

Scentists and regular people like us has theories(!) about how such complexes were constructed and are trying to date them, but they simply can´t!

My own theory is that they predates our civilization and all knowledge about many of these civilizations are either forgotten or just rumours and ferrytales.

Most of you can´t even tell the exact time you went to the toilet the last time! It´s an impossible quest to try to prove how old mans original civilization is. To repeat a sentence; USA as a civilization is a little over 300 years old, the first signs of habitants where I come from goes back well over 6000 years... But how old are the traces from the oldest nort Americans? Well some say more than 250.000 years. Why not?

Why all the pessimism?
Instead of fighting inwards and simply saying that one has to prove that ones thinking is right or wrong why not support the idea that we as in our civilisation at present day weren´t the first civilization on earth?
We do know for a fact that many civilizations have dissapeared in meaning of their true inhabitants but the traces of their civilization will probably outlive us by 50.000 years or more and so will the traces of our community!

Like said, proving that a civilization outruns ours by far is met by sceptiscism and nondisclosure of relevant facts as in artefacts.

Why should we be the most advanced at present? Are we?

We don´t even have the tools to move the megaliths of Baalbek, Lebanon which weigh well over 1200 tons!!!

And if we should build the Cheops (Kufu) pyramid at Giza in 22 years we would have to place one exactly geometric perfected block every 9 seconds and some of them weigh some 70 tons with pinpoint accuracy...

So concluded... All we have is theory... Prove me wrong...

[edit on 09/3/27 by serenityone]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

If you listen to what the proponents say in the video, they are telling us that there IS NOT any sort of actual conspiracy here. It is human instinct...

Something to keep in mind.

It is a logical flaw of the peer review process.

That flaw being that when an idea gains ground any evidence to the contrary will either be attacked or ignored unless said evidence comes in OVER-abundance. Unless it is obviously superior through sheer weight, it will fall to the side of the idea that has been predominant for the last 100 years (in the case of archaeology)...

The NWO isn't suppressing knowledge that Atlantis existed. They, like most people, don't want to believe it because they've grown their entire lives NOT believing it and rather believing that Jesus was the literal God Incarnate... most academics in this group have later rationalized that Jesus probably never existed at all, or if he did, he was just a goat herder.

NOBODY thought that perhaps these "heroes" of old perhaps had some knowledge of a civilization not so unlike us now that died out due to some tragic event and we basically started over. The idea is "ludicrous" to most...
But I ask why.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
If you listen to what the proponents say in the video, they are telling us that there IS NOT any sort of actual conspiracy here. It is human instinct...

I noticed that Jay-in-AR, it is the lifelong human tendency to bury any information or ideas that don't conform to the current status-quo. But I believe that in some cases, there are also agents of suppression.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
does anyone else think it's a bit odd that the new paradigm is that all the ancient historical accounts are fabrications? the problem is, and remains to be, how the ancient texts are interpreted, not what they say.

for example, while recounting the events in the hindu Mahabharata,

Naikartana, was now hurled at the Rakshasa. Beholding that excellent and blazing weapon capable of piercing the body of every foe, in the hands of the Suta's son, the Rakshasa began to fly away in fear assuming a body gigantic as the foot of the Vindhya mountains. Indeed, seeing that dart in Karna's hand, all creatures in the sky, O king, uttered loud cries. Fierce winds began to blow, and thunders with loud report began to fall on the earth. Destroying that blazing illusion of Ghatotkacha and piercing right through his breast that resplendent dart soared aloft in the night and entered a starry constellation in the firmament.

source:
The Mahabharata, Book 7, Drona Parva, Ghatotkacha-badha Parva: SECTION CLXXIX
www.sacred-texts.com...

one guy had try to state that the references to Indra's many headed weapon destroying two cities at once was simply meteors striking the earth. so i asked him if he thought that meteors also came up from the surface of the earth and "soared aloft in the night and entered a starry constellation in the firmament."

so much for the meteor theory. so what's the Mahabharata saying? Sounds like advanced technology to me!

[edit on 28-3-2009 by undo]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
evolution says we are getting better and bigger now, so anything that shows bigger or better in the past is hidden, reburied or just pretended not to exist.

Evolution does not mean that things are getting better or bigger necessarily. It just means that it is 'evolving" (changing. transforming) so that it will survive better and more efficiently in its current environment. In fact, some species have gotten smaller, some have lost hair, etc. Please do not disinform.

And just one question: how is Darwin's theory racist? What do you mean by that?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Yeah, saw this years ago. Very interesting isn't it.

Especially the part where fossilized human footprints were alongside dinosaur footprints, obviously laid down in the same time period, dissapearing under a solid rock ledge.

I have theory. There are spacial vortices in operation in time and space, at random times and places. People, objects, animals etc get caught up in these sometimes, either by design or by accident.

Time/space manipulation experiments similar to Montauk or more recent versions of it. Advanced spacial 'warp' drive propulsion experiments etc etc.

Even advanced alternative physics experiments like LHC could create unforseen vortices that pull objects and people out of time and space.

It is extremely possible, that whatever vortex/vortices or experimental projects haven't even happened yet! The experiment or whatever opens the vortex, man made or natural has NOT occurred as yet, but will at some point in the future (as we perceive it), which will propell these people and objects back.

Perhaps these anomolies account for seemingly 'modern' tools and artifacts being found in sedimentary layers that are millions of years old.

Who knows, maybe this is how the human race began! Some of us were flung back into the distant past, and procreated to produce the world populations! A paradox, i know. It's even possible of course, that these people went back DELIBERATLY, perhaps in order to escape a calamity that will happen in our future. If the universe is coming to an end, the only 'place' to run to would be the past!

Or, it could simply be that humans and technology have been around a LOT longer than we are being told. Either that, or the strata they are discovered in are not as old as we are being told.

Lot's of variable and possibilities.

spikey.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join