Mysterious Origins of Man - Forbidden Archeology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Great post...

If anyone is interested, I find this guys stuff to be pretty informative and educational.

Worth a look...

www.thecrowhouse.com...

When you read it the 2nd time, you will be changing your belief system.

So............What if we have all been mislead? Doesn't that change the whole paradigm of the world we think we live in?

JMHO

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by suterlaben

Hi, suterlaben and all.

I did not see it in the answers to your post.
Sooooooo, here it is:

Hidden History of the Human Race.
Michael Cremo.

www.conspiracyresearch.org...

It opens a PDF. You can save to disk. . .
Have a good read.

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by wakingmindIMO this subject is one of the most interesting and important pieces of evidence that we are not being told the whole truth about our history.

Honestly, I hate to be a poop but this subject, as compelling as it is, comes up every so often and you are correct that we don't get the whole story. You see, Cremo is also known as Drutakarma Dasa...that's when he's wearing his krishna outfit. He is a proponent of Hindu creationalism, and his stretches, intuitive leaps and whoppers are every bit as valid as Christian Creationalism. If you like that, you'll love Cremo.

Get all breathless if you want...flame me if it makes you feel better...just don't bet the farm on Cremo and his Forbidden Archaeology.

Frankly, there are much better stories out there...

Awesome tidbit of info that puts this story in a whole other light...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.You actually had to pull a definition off of wiki? You couldn't freehand that one? No, you're not stupid, just need to "study" more.

Now, now...we're here to play nice. I'm actually engaged in some real archaeology here, and it was simply easier to do a cut and paste.

No need to get insulting with me when I'm gently trying to rescue somebody from the seductive powers of bad science. You'll notice the effort I put into not sounding arrogant. You might take it as an example.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by B.A.C.You actually had to pull a definition off of wiki? You couldn't freehand that one? No, you're not stupid, just need to "study" more.

Now, now...we're here to play nice. I'm actually engaged in some real archaeology here, and it was simply easier to do a cut and paste.

No need to get insulting with me when I'm gently trying to rescue somebody from the seductive powers of bad science. You'll notice the effort I put into not sounding arrogant. You might take it as an example.

I'm not being arrogant at all. Bad Science is trying to pass off theory as fact. A theory explains facts, it can never be fact, it has to be falsifiable, facts are not falsifiable. Theories explain facts, but are never considered fact themselves, only that they haven't been falsified yet.

I used the same wording you used when you told him "No, you're not stupid". I thought that sounded arrogant.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola

It's only our arrogance to presume we're the best thing to happen to it.

Very well said! Man has a tendency to naturally assume, being the most intelligent species on the planet, that he has some great destiny and divine purpose and is more important than everything else on the planet due to his intelligence. It's funny though because we are the only species continually at war so what is so intelligent about that.

Our ego guides us into rationalizing the events we create that continually keep us at war, destroy the earth and such.

I personally think earth and the rest of it's species could survive just fine and even better without the little overpopulated race we have. Not saying we should be eradicated, just saying man is a arrogant fool in many ways when it comes to thinking he knows what is best. I know because I have made the same mistake.

Man is in a state of perpetual destruction. There is a lot of philosophy to it and without further elaboration, simply to suffice, I completely agree with you.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by theonlyrusty

Great post...

If anyone is interested, I find this guys stuff to be pretty informative and educational.

Worth a look...

www.thecrowhouse.com...

When you read it the 2nd time, you will be changing your belief system.

So............What if we have all been mislead? Doesn't that change the whole paradigm of the world we think we live in?

JMHO

Awesome book. Read it before and I would highly recommend it to anyone!

2nd line.....

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
WHat's funny is this..

If the world and our leader's....Stop wasting money on war's...and stupid crap...
And put forth the world's whole knowledge...
Within 5 to 20 year's we would know exactly Where and how we all came to be.

But guess what they would rather have us guessing..
Becouse that way we have no idea where or how we came to be...

There is really no reason why all of mankind could not jump head first into the idea..let's find out where MAN came from...

With today's technology... we could do this easy....AS A WHOLE.. not divided and we left religion out of it.
Unless it came to the point as a whole we was created at so and so time. lol

IDK

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Anyone open-minded enough to explore this further really should read Cremo as suggested by others in this thread.
I recommend the abridged version if you require a hard copy.

Great post.

[edit on 2009/27/3 by Marmota monax]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
WHat's funny is this..

If the world and our leader's....Stop wasting money on war's...and stupid crap...

I love how you call defending yourself against your enemies stupid crap.

It's called LIFE. Ever since the dawn of time, life has had to defend itself from assailants on all fronts... it's how it's done.

Oh you want us all to say "Wait.. let's do it for the good of humanity"... sorry, but that's just the most illogical thing for a human to do.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wow what a great watch and a great thread.

I have often wondered about what we were told was the truth ? well hence I'm here on a site that denies ignorance.

I have often thought that maybe Genesis in the bible was how a certain race was made in the garden of eden. Lets say man already existed maybe Adam and Eve were put there by an alien race, of which man would have looked to the sky's and saw what they thought was God(s).
Maybe genesis was part of human history not the beginning of it.
Maybe the angel Gabriel revealed himself to Muhammad was an alien with knowledge, Maybe Jesus was the result of human abduction and ET experimentation ?

This has opened so many more theories and ideas that I guess maybe we will never know.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I love this stuff. Just can't get enough of it!

They've done a great job of hiding it all. Go back to when you were in school and think of all the garbage they fed us about our history.... bollocks!

My whole life I wondered why none of it added up ... the dots just never connected. I always knew there was way more to the story!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

If a theory is falsified, poof, no more theory.

Er, no... actually. A theory does not go *poof* and disappear until it is replaced by something which better explains the facts. For example, we know the theory of Gravity is wrong. It was wrong when it consisted merely of Newtonian Mechanics, because it could not account for the orbit of some of the planets - notably Mercury. We knew it was wrong, but it worked in most all other cases - so we used it a better theory came along, Relativity. Einstein's theory of Relativity encompassed all of what Newtonian Mechanics had to say about gravity, but also could account for the orbit of Mercury. However, Relativity isn't perfect either. It assumes certain things about elementary particles which know isn't true, and the disconnect between Relativity and Quantum Mechanics represents one of the largest gaps in our understanding of known physics.

Does this mean we've discarded the theory of Relativity or Newtonian Mechanics? Not at all.

Even if evidence were presented to prove that our understanding of Evolution is fundamentally flawed, we would still use Evolution until a better theory were presented to replace it.

Evolution has already had such challenges, because in it's original framework, Darwin had no concept of what inherited information was being passed down. It was, however, revealed (in part) within his lifetime by the Augustinian Priest Gregor Mendel - known as the father of modern genetics - as was the first of his predicted transitional fossils: Archaeopteryx. Later discoveries by Watson, Crick, and Franklin confirmed the existence of DNA - the information that Darwin was searching for. Not to mention the introduction of Genetic Drift by Sewall Wright.

Each piece of the puzzle could have potentially poked major holes in Darwin's theory in the same way that Mercury's orbit highlighted obvious flaws in Newtonian Mechanics. That didn't happen. Each discovery matched extremely well with Darwin's predictions, albeit augmenting them. The ability to confirm the evidence of evolution without fundamental contradiction from the bottom up taxonomically, as well as from the top down genetically is why Evolution is considered a Twin Nested Hierarchy. It's the unifying theory of biology, not because it's been artificially pushed into such a position or because it's half-assed explanation, but because it ties together multiple different and largely unrelated fields of biology into a cohesive whole.

Is Evolution the final word? We can't say. There could be much more left to discover. However, just because we acknowledge that, does not detract from the veracity the theory has thus far proven to have. The reason why Evolution is so often touted as fact, despite it's status as theory is simply because it is absolutely the most comprehensive and most well supported theory in science.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This looks like an interesting set of videos, should keep me entertained ona fine Friday afternoon.

PS B.A.C. Please stop posting your Creationist propaganda into every interesting thread. I am starting to get a headache just thinking about reading more of your posts.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

With today's technology... we could do this easy....AS A WHOLE.. not divided and we left religion out of it.

United we stand, divided we fall, eh? Careful there Amused, it almost sounds like you're in favor of supporting a One World Government. The armchair revolutionaries here won't take kindly to that kind of talk.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Yes, I realize all the points you made. What I mean is that the theory as it stands would then have to be revised, just like Darwinism was refined to Modern Synthesis, then to Neo-Darwinism, etc..

They are different theories because of their revisions.

1. Observe
2. Come up with hypotheses that is consistent with observations.
3. Use hypotheses to predict or form experiments.
4. Test these predictions by observing your experiments.
5. Modify your hypotheses according to results.
6. Repeats steps 4 and 5 until there are no discrepancies between predictions and observations, or repeat step 2 and work your way down again.

All these steps mean when you have to go back to step 2 it isn't the same theory anymore.

Also, I said when a "Theory" is falsified, poof no more theory. I DIDN'T say when an "observation" is falsified, poof, no more theory. Just to clarify.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

1. Observe
6. Repeats steps 4 and 5 until there are no discrepancies between predictions and observations, or repeat step 2 and work your way down again.

I don't know your background, you may have experience in scientific research as I myself do, but with all due respect, your algorithm as quoted above demonstrates a good deal of naivete with regard to how the actual process really works -

i. Obtain Funding
1. Observe
ii. Return to Step ( i )

As you see, anybody can get through the process once.

But, if a reasearcher demonstrates he is unwilling or unable to play ball with the funding agency -- that's it, kaput -- he'll soon be flipping burgers somewhere or changing oil down in the pit ...

All so called science is unquestionably controlled from the top down via the funding process.

Since you didn't even mention this all important fact, even in passing, I will suggest you yourself are merely an armchair scientist who has convinced himself he knows what he's talking about in spite of all the evidence to the contrary you've provided in this thread and others.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Egad! Where to start...?

Obviously this is a bit of Creationist propaganda. Just look at Cremo's website. It's a whole lot of New Age rubbish that links to other New age, crystal hugging, alien worshiping nonsense. I'm not saying there is absolutely nothing to all those things, there may be, but it is less than 1% of the vast mound of horse manure that people have made up outright over the many years.

The free floating crust of the Earth thing really had me chuckling. As if the overweight , top heavy arctic could actually make all the different tectonic plates move as one. I mean, come on! What is to stop it then from just spinning around forever?

The missing link straw man argument was a dead giveaway. These creationist persist on using it as if they had no understanding of the Theory of Evolution at all. ...er, maybe that is the point. Oh well.

Anyhow, Thanks for the entertaining video. It did put a smile on my face.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

All these steps mean when you have to go back to step 2 it isn't the same theory anymore.

But it is the same theory. At it's core, Evolution is still descent with modification subjected to natural selection. The fact that we know more about the mechanisms of evolution now, does not negate the original theory in any way. Indeed, it's still perfectly capable of increasing diversity without the other factors - as we've shown with GA's (Genetic Algorithms) in engineering. GA's aren't subject to Genetic Drift or Horizontal Gene Transfer, for instance, but it still works.

Originally intended as a deconstruction of the "Blind Watchmaker" creationist argument, I feel this video accurately demonstrates my point as well.

The simulation used in the video can be downloaded here.

I trust cdk007, but as always, be wise and take appropriate security measures with any file you download from the net. (Make sure your definitions are up to date and scan the .zip)

Note: It took the author three weeks to compile his results. I don't know how fast your computer is in comparison to his, or how thorough your tests will be. Just know that it may not be a very *fast* process.

Also, I said when a "Theory" is falsified, poof no more theory. I DIDN'T say when an "observation" is falsified, poof, no more theory. Just to clarify.

A theory is a explanation designed to account for all of the facts. Facts are units of observation and data. If a theory does not fit the verifiable facts, or worse is contradicted by them, then the theory is wrong. Therefore, the theory is falsified either in part or in whole because it is not an accurate model of reality.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
B.A.C. with all respect, there are alot of facts that go along with these theories. To simply dismiss them is childish on one line but to investigate them more, which is what we need, would be the adult way of handling things. You are correct that theories are not fact. I don't think that anybody is arguing that, but any theory deserves its fair share of research. I'm fixated on my own theory at the moment but it does tie into this and as far as facts go, there are alot of facts that point to much older civilizations. Perhaps you should research into that?

To the op, cool. I'm very much into ancient studies so I fully enjoy these videos. I'm a firm believer that civilization dates back much farther than imagined and that mans actual existence came to be from the help of someone or something. I believe that mans tale is much older than we think and it's very important to not let this history be covered up. Good post!

And to be honest, I think that TPTB fully well know of these ancient civilizations and still worship their deity's. (I'm referring to Bohemian grove and other rituals along those lines.) I don't know why, but I think this is a conspiracy as old as time. Ok, just my 2c

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum