It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Tina' ex Darpa employee and whistleblower

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
2012, 2013, time is all relative. I'm just waiting for my chance to fire a photon torpedo!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

green became gray.. i mean even the height is ET style...

Soon after color TV aliens went from little green men to little grey men. You would think they would have started out grey to go along with the black and white tv's then turned green. just saying

There is the common fact that they are little, whether green or grey. I wonder why they are little frail looking things. Like they would break if you touched them. I would think that if they were 100 % man-made descriptions that they would be big and scarey.

Anyway, the article does say they are telepathic, perhaps they can also integrate their minds with technology as well. I mean if you can read brain waves, why not computer code?

As for this story.......... How easy would it be to

make up a name
make up a position in government
make up this story
send it to some obscure internet news agency
offer no evidence
expect people to believe

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Now I'm not saying that this article is true, or not denying the article for that fact but some people really do talk utter nonsense. Any Alien race capable of travelling to this planet would clearly, undeniably be far more technically advanced than our race.

So with the above in mind how could any Joe Blog computer programmer, with even a moments contemplation, that it would be impossible to access our world wide web infrastructure. Any moron surely could think momentarily and surmise that perhaps we cannot even comprehend any given technologies.

To state the article is false purely on that basis is mind numbingly blind sighted and dare I say it, foolish. It would go as far as saying any race capable of travelling those distances will be in possession of technology that we're unaware of, no factual basis can be concluded from 'hey, we can barely receive a signal in the next room so the story is a lie.'

One could even comprehend one possible, communication has been made via SETI which then allowed for the installation of 'radio' transmission systems allowing for their receipt of our data streams. But hey, I'm forgetting, we can't do it, so they can't do it.

Also, where in the article does it state that "Tina" has any knowledge of search engine algorithms? (I may well have missed it, but don't recall this being mentioned)

Cappucino, then too back up your own claim against the given story you question why was it that the internet had taken so long to appear, okay, I'd give you a jet engine and ask you to replicate it for me. I strongly suspect you have no prior understand at all of this technology so please, produce it for me... In any event, I really hope your employers don't rely upon you for creativity.

In any event, I find this article very interesting and thanks for the post, personally though I won't be pinning to much hope on it until we see the mentioned documents and/or a copy of the supposed email/s.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by MrAnonUK]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If someone yesterday had the techologies of today unarguably he could be ruling in his time.
Advanced civilizations ought to have advanced technology, hence we call them advanced.
Surprisingly we are still here making our own technology and still making our own mistakes and nobody has been made an absolute ruler over us yet.

Indeed there must be something wrong with the notion we have about advanced alien civilizations, us and technology.

If we asume that alien civilizations are advanced in every way and every aspect just because they can handle space travel maybe we are mistaken.
We seem to be advanced in every other concept except space travel.
Maybe other civilizations are advanced in space travel and not in every other concept. It is fair to assume this.

Why shouldn't it be that some aliens come here to get technology instead of supposedly giving?
It might be the only reason some civilizations would go through all the pains to come here.

About the internet and the aliens.

Trully internet is the medium an alien civilization would have to access in order to know everything about us.
No Government, no individual or other authority and no scheme has the power to conceal knowledge from a third non human party about us, anymore.
A third non human party thanks to the internet would be able to know even if we are making already contact with other species, at least they would find the relevant information on the internet..unless we are dealing with false information planted there for a reason. Strangely I do believe that the "grey" enigma is there just for these reasons.
Yes I do believe that the internet might not be accessed only by us, just like we are witnessing that our skies are not being accessed only by us, but from whom and why is a mystery.
There could be the case that a whole political game is probably being played out there of which we haven't the faintest clue about.
IT HAS TO BE! Else nothing would made sense.

Originally posted by Seitler
2012, 2013, time is all relative. I'm just waiting for my chance to fire a photon torpedo!

Make it so..

[edit on 27-3-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAnonUK
Now I'm not saying that this article is true, or not denying the article for that fact but some people really do talk utter nonsense. Any Alien race capable of travelling to this planet would clearly, undeniably be far more technically advanced than our race.

So with the above in mind how could any Joe Blog computer programmer, with even a moments contemplation, that it would be impossible to access our world wide web infrastructure. Any moron surely could think momentarily and surmise that perhaps we cannot even comprehend any given technologies.

To state the article is false purely on that basis is mind numbingly blind sighted and dare I say it, foolish. It would go as far as saying any race capable of travelling those distances will be in possession of technology that we're unaware of, no factual basis can be concluded from 'hey, we can barely receive a signal in the next room so the story is a lie.'

One could even comprehend one possible, communication has been made via SETI which then allowed for the installation of 'radio' transmission systems allowing for their receipt of our data streams. But hey, I'm forgetting, we can't do it, so they can't do it.

Also, where in the article does it state that "Tina" has any knowledge of search engine algorithms? (I may well have missed it, but don't recall this being mentioned)

Cappucino, then too back up your own claim against the given story you question why was it that the internet had taken so long to appear, okay, I'd give you a jet engine and ask you to replicate it for me. I strongly suspect you have no prior understand at all of this technology so please, produce it for me... In any event, I really hope your employers don't rely upon you for creativity.

In any event, I find this article very interesting and thanks for the post, personally though I won't be pinning to much hope on it until we see the mentioned documents and/or a copy of the supposed email/s.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by MrAnonUK]

Well said, good post: so bleedingly obvious it should have never really been stated. My own grandmother came from a really primitive area in Europe, the Carpathian Mountains in Poland: imagine I went back it time to her teenage years there and said "check out my ipod".
What would she have made of it?? Would have engineers then deemed it possible.
As for the bit about Tina and SE algorithms, spot on. She may have only had the knowledge to repeat that one line she might have simply read or heard.
It shows how flawed many peoples investigative skills are. Because something is vaguely unlikely or not outright stereotypical it can't be true.
Tina, Marketing grad= can't even string one sentence together on Search engines.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by stewartw2]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAnonUK

Another one:

Tina, Marketing grad=Can't get near working for Darpa
Obama, Black guy= could never be president

How does anyone here know how Darpa really chooses staff

And how can some of these people know how aliens think?
"if they had this they would do that"

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The aliens indirectly contributed to the development of internet search engines and they are in limited contact with Google through SETI. They are able to access the internet currently and their involvement in search engine research is for the purpose of allowing them to understand as much about earth as possible prior to their next arrival.

Tina's Internet connection aligns with a theory I posited here about a UFO arrival priming involving the red-green-blue-yellow color schemes of both the Microsoft Windows and Google logos, and the colors of the UFO sighted in the 1976 Tehran Iran UFO encounter.

We all have been primed with those colors by looking at the logos.

Of course, I am skeptical about any marketing person on general principle (i.e. they are propogandists/mainpulators by trade, so may just be pulling our leg for kicks).

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenorbs
Tina's Internet connection aligns with a theory I posited here about a UFO arrival priming involving the red-green-blue-yellow color schemes of both the Microsoft Windows and Google logos, and the colors of the UFO sighted in the 1976 Tehran Iran UFO encounter.

We all have been primed with those colors by looking at the logos.

Of course, I am skeptical about any marketing person on general principle (i.e. they are propogandists/mainpulators by trade, so may just be pulling our leg for kicks).

The lights of the object were alternating blue, green, red, and orange, and were arranged in a square pattern.
en.wikipedia.org...

Now I'm gonna think alien every time the computer starts.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cappuccino

NASA has successfully tested the first deep-space communications network modeled on the Internet. Part of a NASAwide team, engineers from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, CA, used software called Disruption-Tolerant Networking (DTN) to transmit dozens of space images to and from a NASA science spacecraft located more than 20 million miles from Earth.
NASA and Vint Cerf, vice president at Google, partnered ten years ago to develop this software protocol. The DTN sends information using a method that differs from the normal Internet’s Transmission-Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) communication suite, which Cerf co-designed. The Interplanetary Internet must withstand delays, disruptions, and disconnections in space. Glitches can happen when a spacecraft moves behind a planet, or when solar storms and long communication delays occur. The delay in sending or receiving data from Mars takes between 3 and 20 minutes at the speed of light.

www.techbriefs.com NASA Tech Briefs, February 2009

Unlike TCP/IP, the DTN does not assume a continuous endto- end connection. If a destination path can’t be found, the data packets are not discarded. Instead, each network node keeps custody of the information as long as necessary until it can safely communicate with another node. This store-and-forward method means that information does not get lost when no immediate path to the destination exists. Eventually, the information is delivered to the end user. Engineers began a month-long series of DTN demonstrations last October. Data were transmitted using NASA’s Deep Space Network in demonstrations occurring twice a week. Engineers used NASA’s Epoxi spacecraft as a Mars data-relay orbiter. Epoxi is on a mission to encounter Comet Hartley 2 in two years.
The experiment is the first in a series of planned demonstrations to qualify the technology for use on a variety of upcoming space missions. In the next round of testing, a NASA-wide demonstration using new DTN software loaded on board the International Space Station is scheduled to begin this summer. In the next few years, the Interplanetary Internet could enable many new types of space missions. Complex missions involving multiple landed, mobile, and orbiting spacecraft will be far easier to support through the use of the Interplanetary Internet. It could also ensure reliable communications for astronauts on the surface of the Moon.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAnonUK
Any Alien race capable of travelling to this planet would clearly, undeniably be far more technically advanced than our race.

I don't disagree with this. While I read the OPs article I was juxtaposing what I know about the '67 Malmstrom AFB Oscar-flight UFO missile shutdown with Tina's story. Also there are reported incidents of UFOs apparently breaking NSA encrypted radio transmissions (I don't know all the details, but the source is fairly trustworthy).

So with the above in mind how could any Joe Blog computer programmer, with even a moments contemplation, that it would be impossible to access our world wide web infrastructure.

I wouldn't say it's impossible. They would just require a working knowledge of our protocol stack, an uplink (like a satellite relay or something more esoteric like a quantum modem), and a client to visualize this information. I'm even willing to speculate that such a client may even be "neural."

Since I apparently haven't been clear enough. Here's why this story is hogwash. In another thread on the same news article someone asked,

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
reply to post by Xtraeme

Just because we can't [operate] instantaneous communications does not make it impossible to do. Even if aliens shared technology with us what makes you think we could instantly do it or use it?

This was my reply ...

Actually we can send data instantly through free-space. Click the "spooky action at a distance" link in my previous post. Thing is we can only do it up to ~90 miles out. If we had access to alien technology we wouldn't have to go through this research stage. We wouldn't have to worry about implementation problems.

If aliens hooked this sort of device up to our networks (meaning a fully formed production piece of hardware capable of modulating and demodulating quantum states to digital data) we'd literally just copy the hardware and reuse it.

This was why I bothered to explain the NASA Deep Space Network (DSN) Disruption-Tolerant Networking (DTN) project. There would be zero reason to create a DTN protocol if we had a quantum modem.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

mmmmmmmm....theres zero reason to run cars on petrol too.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewartw2
reply to post by Xtraeme

mmmmmmmm....theres zero reason to run cars on petrol too.

As if there weren't enough unsubstantiated conspiracy theories already in this thread.

How about we take score? You present your points in favor, demonstrating why you think this is plausible, and I'll take the opposite position. Whoever has the higher score is more likely correct. Deal?

Points against:
  1. No supporting documentation has yet been released.
  2. Tina contacted a traditionally conspiracy oriented news source to release her story rather than say Wikileaks or a recognized news outlet like Reuters, AP, CNN, NBC, etc.
  3. As a compartmentalized SAP project there's very little reason for Tina, as a marketing person, to know this information:

They are able to access the internet currently and their involvement in search engine research is for the purpose of allowing them to understand as much about earth as possible prior to their next arrival.

Other than to scare people (which isn't much in line with what marketing types usually do).

And,
  4. NASA has spent several years developing a protocol that wouldn't be necessary if they had quantum modems.

Note I could have asked a bunch of unanswerable questions like:

1. If Google is using "alien" search technology
    why aren't more people coming forward?
  2. If the government is trying to control the flow of information through the use of marketing people with TS clearances, why would they have divulged information to a civilian like Steven Spielberg?

But lets just deal in facts rather than hypotheticals.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Why contact the US?

Why choose a country that represents less than 10% of the world's population and not China or India?

And why not contact all countries?

And if they are using Internet search engines, in which language do they do their search, English? If it is then they will get a very small understanding of what goes on in the world...

And if they are technologically advanced does not mean that they are advanced in all technological fields. A peaceful race, for example, does not need weapons, a race that can move at high speeds does not need cars, if they live in a planet with a mild an constant climate they may not know how to build houses, etc.

Just another suspicious sounding story.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cappuccino
I wouldn't. But even so, if a meeting in the 1950's with the aliens did take place, why wasn't the internet developed until somwhere end seventies (too lazy to look up the right date right now). And why and how are they able to access the internet on a planet 30 lightyears away from earth? I like conspriracy theories, but this is redicoulous.

remember Cooper sayd the movie Close encounter of 3rd kind was an actual event,. And the vatican HAVE sayd it is ok for christians to believe in and talk about ufo and et's, and now This ??

Ofcourse we wont know for sure until it happends, if it does happen, but never the lessm there are alot of stuff in there that are talked about resently. Maby they took peices from all inside info there is, and spent a whole lot of time to make this up , or it is just true, wich would be the simplest.. Well . I dont know...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Found IT ! nice .. Look !

Approximately 7 years ago Monsignor Corrado Balducci made similar news when he said ETs were actually already interacting with earth and that some of the Vatican's leaders were aware of it.

"doesn't contradict our faith."

Yes, indeed , the Vatican . Some peices are to obvious to DeBunk, unless they are ALL LYING !
Nasa, vatican, 1000's of people and officials.
Nah , maybe time is at hand !

According to Tina SETI is receiving and concealing regular explicit signals (and has been doing so for at least seven years) from this race that state that they are returning to earth in around four years (2013) and have spacecraft essentially mid-journey. The extra-terrestrials will land openly and in a way that will conclusively prove their presence and are doing so unilaterally. They have given the US government until then to prepare humanity for this event.

www.--.com...

Have a nice weekend dudes ! Im gearing up for some changes ...

[edit on 28-3-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
And the vatican HAVE sayd it is ok for christians to believe in and talk about ufo and et's, and now This ??
No, that was not an official statement from the Vatican, it was an astronomer (and priest), the director of the Vatican Observatory that said that in an interview, as you can see here, directly from the official Vatican site or here for a Google translation.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It is all good ! It take both ways...Im looking at all events and look for connectors, and I dont think that every wierd event as one event, but many wierd events one huge event, I know they are just small parts of one huge event that has started long ago end will come to an closure !
I dont care if it is the Doorman at the vatican, or who ever. Im abit naiv and belive some of all that is told and that is how it is...

Cheif stronomer of the vatican, I think that goes as 'the vatican' , or it wouldnt be a vatican telscope . ? uhmm petty faults you people get stuck on.. laughable...DeBunAge. I say . keep nagging on the smallest peice of typos in hope to avoid truth... Wowsers...

No wonder this topic never moves forward..

[edit on 28-3-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

There is a difference between an official statement from the Vatican and the personal opinion of those that are part of the Catholic church, either chief astronomer (José Gabriel Funes) or exorcist for Rome (Corrado Balducci).

So, if you want to say that some high ranking members of the Catholic church have that opinion, fine, but when you say that they are statements from the Vatican you are implying that they are official statements, which they were not, and I like things neatly classified.

PS: for those that understand Italian and Spanish, there are some YouTube videos with some of Monsignor Balducci's opinions.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i still cant get the image of ET travelling at the speed of light , hunched over a laptop , googling where to visit in the US

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

My own grandmother came from a really primitive area in Europe, the Carpathian Mountains in Poland: imagine I went back it time to her teenage years there and said "check out my ipod".
What would she have made of it??

Here's my guess -

You would've been face with a decision to not become your own grandfather ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join