It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil president blames white people for crisis

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
He;s a dictator. Somebody should off him. Soon.

I mean he IS sitting on all that oil after all, and that's what we do best.

... ah come onnnnnnn, whos' with me?!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Im sorry poet. But you have greatly been mislead by our western propaganda. I agree that what the Brazilian president said is racist, and those racist attitudes have no place in the world all good people are striving to achieve on this earth.
But you need to understand the backdrop of the world we live in today and recent history, which you will find at the top of every hypothetical pyramid of wealth, power and knowledge, you will find a white man, or a group of white men, or white men in majority. This advantage was obtained from advances made in Europe in all fields of human endevour from the end of the medieval period and onwards (please correct me if my histocal recollection is inaccurrate slighty), though most or some of these advancements were built upon knowledge, technology, etc obtained from sources from the muslim world and the far east. This advantage was maintained and vastly improved during the colonial period through the subjugation and exploitation of native people of around the world and their resources in their lands by European powers. Im sorry for the unnecessary history lesson but it is needed to argue my point. Today, well i hope today, most people agree that what happen was wrong, and today we should know better. But there are those who have access to the wealth, power and knowledge denied to the masses, who want to keep the "status quo", with a imperlistic manner who propagate the theory, the idea, the reality that human beings, nature, this earth is expendable in pursuit of their goals, whether it be wealth, power, or something more sinister (according to some conspiracy theories). What the Brazilian president I think (in my opinion, though I could be giving him more credit than due) is trying to get at in a roundabout way (very very poorly) that the "status quo" are still continuing an imperial belief where subversive tools of control are employed e.g. economic, political, etc, though old fashioned smash and grab is acceptable (though domestic popluations need "thought adjustment" through propaganda overdrive) e.g. Iraq (Weapons of Mass Destruction???). The ordinary people of the West have good intentions (as do 99.5% of the worlds population) displayed by selfless giving to charities. But i believe peoples (the west mainly) all over the world are awakening to wrongs being persuaded and encouraged by this "status quo" disguised in layers of propaganda on their TV's, radio's and newspapers of their domestic populations.
A fine example of this continuing imperialism is given in the documentary "The War On Democracy".
Im sorry for the length of this post, its just I got very angry, no sorry, wrong word, saddened with the ignorance laced in poet's post, that 3rd world countries are poor due entirely to corruption in their countries, yes there is corruption, inspired and nutured from the corruption that prevail in more "civilised" nations.
I hope I can be forgiven and unedited if this is a poor, or nescient post, as it is my first post.
I know we cant change history (or can they??? :@@
and I give my ancestors the benefit of doubt of not knowing better, though some would disagree with that statement. We should seek to find and understand the truth in history, indeed of all aspects of the realities in this life (and beyond). But what is vital to us alive this present day is now, and what we do now to shape our future, cause we are all connected and "in it" together on this small blue beautiful planet soaring through this amazing universe.
This post of course , is just my opinion, but I believe I have offered more truth than you find in a statement from 70% (probably too generous :@@
of politicans in power. What I ask, is fine, if dont believe me, debunk me, but find the information for yourself, learn how to think for yourself, empower yourself.
Love, Peace & Truth to you all.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Uh, dude, just like the US, most American nations had massive immigration from all over the world over the last two centuries. I lived there for a few years and the neurosurgeon in the town I lived in was of Japanese descent and his wife was nearly full blooded Italian. There was an Optometrist who had a Chinese last name. I had students who had last names like Siepierski, Akaki, Knaak, Awad, and other "Hispanic" sounding names like those...

There are whole neighborhoods in Sao Paulo that are ethnic: they have a little Italy and a Japantown, as well as a Lebanese area. There are whole towns in parts of Brazil that are historically German, Polish, Dutch and Ukrainian and Japanese. In fact, talking about Japanese, Sao Paulo is the most "Japanese" city outside of Japan, with over a million people of Japanese descent.

Naturally Brazil had slavery, and so there are significant amounts of African descendants in Brazil.

There are also Jews, Russians, and even Indians and Irish. In fact, did you know that at the end of the Civil war in the US, nearly 200 southern families fled the postbellum South and emigrated to Brazil and founded several farming towns all over the place (where they got about two more decades of slavery). Yep, even us Americans have emigrated to Brazil.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TailoredVagabond

That'll go over well with the Brazilians. They have a rumor circulating down there that in the US we teach that the Amazon is not owned by Brazil and that we all have control of it. In a way I agree, but it's probably just a misinterpretation of how certain parts of the world should belong to everyone equally...and not to special interests.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Caminhando

You said Jews as if they are a nation, eventho they are a religion.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I can see alot of you need to crack a book. First off not all whites owned slaves. The rich elite owned them, just as most rich white elites took us down the crap whole. One other thing to educated the uneducated, alot of Irish were brought over to this county as indentured servants. That means that they were treated as slaves. One more thing the Irish were treated as low life scum many years ago by English and Italian upper class, or the rich elite if you will. So lay the blame where is belongs.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Some white guy invented the technology that enabled him to be heard. Ironic.

Don't blame whitey for inventing all the cool stuff... blame the Asians and Jews for financial stuff they are supposed to be the numbers wizards.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by HolydarknessVA

"Lula" overlooks the fact that although he is the first indigenous leader in Latin America, he is in fact caucasian.

I doubt he has blue eyes, but eye color is a different story - related to dominant and repressed genes more than race.

It's recessive not repressed. A girlfriend I had in college was repressed. She did have blue eyes though...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Yes,
We white people get together on secret days to talk about our secret plans to screw up so badly that everyone is at risk of losing their jobs.
We're all in on it. Every single one of us.

We're just so tired of the stereotype of having money, that we wanted to prove to everyone just how incompetent we can be when needed.

It's a conspiracy.

lol.

Come on... really?

Thank you!
I used to work in an inner city plasma center, and the majority of the donors were minorities. They would donate plasma twice a week and get $20 each time.
Being white, and in college I was constantly being harassed by the donors, put down, etc. because I was a rich white college boy that got everything on a silver platter. An object of ridicule pretty much.

Only problem was I was raised in a foster home and worked my butt off in the Army and afterward to put myself through school. I never had parents to hand me anything, and the ones I did have were Fundie Christians that believed demons caused everything from stomach flu to a stubbed toe and that put me at a disadvantage from the get go.

It's kind of hard to see oneself as a member of a privleged class when they grow up hearing their folks commanding the foul demon of vomit to begone in the name of Jeebuz Christ.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Incidentally, for the ignoramuses out there, nationality is not the same as race. I know, they teach you in government schools that there are dozens of races, all deserving of special treatment and affirmative action, but that is what we call A Lie. You've been duped, kids.

Well if this is true then the president was saying that he is to blame as well, along with all the blue eyed WHITE Americans if he is in fact considered white

and just to clarify if everyone thinks race is one thing, the color of your skin for instance, then the meaning of the word will begin to change because i can tell you first hand race is not decided just by your facial structure in this country

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HolydarknessVA

The words that come to mind are irrational and uneducated. Who can doubt that europeans have screwed just about everybody at some point in history, but were still all human.

You all know the saying "dip a rose in s#$t, and your still left with a rose". Albeit a sh#@y one.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well, being half Brazilian, all I can say is don't listen to this guy... seriously, he is not even well instructed to make cohesive comments, just rehash stuff. I voted for him when I lived in Brazil around 5 years ago because I thought having a president who came from the lower class would prove to be fruitful in terms of him using his power to better the country. Unfortunately, it takes more than that for something like this to happen. While I don't regret having giving him this chance, it surely frustrates me especially when he makes comments like this.

Someone here mentioned that Brazilians hate Americans... please word it right. Brazilians (definitely not all, especially because the majority of the population is poor and couldn't care less about US when they are starving) despise the American government and how they handle foreign affairs, not its people.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
He might have been off base somewhat, and Politically incorrect, but the fact remains that the most vocal racists who speak of "Oppression", and the "White Devil", are typically they themselves recipients of Employment, Benefits, and Government funded Aide courtesy of "White People".

White people hardly come up short when it comes to receiving various benefits, in fact they're the largest group of recipients and there's definitely no shortage of those receiving them out of those I know personally.

A racist is a racist is a racist and that path leads to destruction in a way that doesn't discriminate.

Oh, and yes, by-in-large Latin America is far more racist than what many encounter within the United States. They not only have Skin Color prejudice in Latin America, but many nations also judge you on what SHADE of what color your skin is.

The Nazis did make it down there afterall but in general I haven't found people in Puerto Rico at least to be particularly hateful of me (not at all) nor to really care what color someone is even if they recognize differences. There are some that are utterly disgusted by the thought of someone not "their kind" but I haven't found it to be a majority. In fact, I haven't met one myself but they have mentioned a person here and there that they knew.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tunez
This advantage was obtained from advances made in Europe in all fields of human endevour from the end of the medieval period and onwards...though most or some of these advancements were built upon knowledge, technology, etc obtained from sources from the muslim world and the far east.

That's the traditional teaching which predominated throughout much of the 20th Century. These historical "facts" are currently being updated due to more recent archaeological discoveries in the Far East, where remarkably preserved mummies of a technologically sophisticated Caucasian culture have been discovered — probably an ancient European culture that pre-dates Chinese civilization by some 3,000 years, and which probably imparted cultural and technological innovations (in fabrics, tools, weapons, medicines, religions) that launched Chinese civilization.

These very ancient European innovations most likely gave the ancient nomadic Mongols a "head start" in developing a technically and culturally advanced Eastern civilization that later returned the favor through Oriental trade routes leading back through the Middle East and, eventually, to Europe itself.

So, as much as the old school historians may hate to give up their dogma, they may soon have to acknowledge and accept a scenario in which ancient Europeans seeded Chinese and Middle Eastern civilizations first.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by evo190
Some white guy invented the technology that enabled him to be heard. Ironic.

Don't blame whitey for inventing all the cool stuff... blame the Asians and Jews for financial stuff they are supposed to be the numbers wizards.

Huh? Which whitey invented all the cool stuff? I'm pretty sure Jews, Polish and a number of other targets of Hitler had a heavy hand in bringing about the theories and engineering that enable TV and radio broadcast.

Well, Marconi was Italian-Irish but then the Irish were also heavily discriminated against and one of my Irish ancestors was brought over to America as indentured labor (aka. SLAVE).

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tunez

Excellent post, but I have to say that I am quite aware of the history. You left out the most critical point of European development.

You are right that Europe developed technology, at least in part from contributions throughout Asia and Northern Africa, but that isn't the most important aspect that made them successful. Any other culture in Asia could have developed the technology to advance the way that the Europeans advanced, but they were all missing the critical component, democratic institutions. It was the ability of the people in Europe to get a voice in how government was ran, and that is what enabled them to develop market economies and a middle class that created the technology explosion. The U.S. constitution based on the writings of Jonathan Locke was an amazing accomplishment.

While I don't know the make up of the banking elites of Brazil, I find it hard to believe that banking in Brazil is dominated by blue eyed people in a country that was mainly settled by Portuguese people, who are not predominately a blue eyed people. While this might be true of Brazil, it certainly isn't true of all of Latin America, and all of Latin America to this day exists as third world nation. Two nations outside of Western Europe, the U.S., Canada, and Australia have succeeded in becoming first world nations, Japan and S. Korea, the two nations most heavily influenced by the U.S., so the influences of elites in the U.S. can't be entirely a block against developing nations. This thing with blaming blue eyed people is nothing but a crutch.

Back to racism, I don't think you read my post carefully enough. See, this trend towards demonizing blue eyed whites is not only wrong, it is becoming a tool for the PTB to create racial disharmony in this world, by trying to set up an atmosphere where racism aimed at blue eyed people is alright, when it is not. We need to fight this racist trend not only because it it morally wrong, in that it is hypocrisy, but also because it is technically wrong. It is the failure of third world nations to develop decent representative governments that keeps them mired in poverty, not blue eyed white people. Sure, there are plenty of blue eyed white people who contribute to the problems of third world nations, but they are not the primary cause, or the major cause. Ultimately it is up to the people of third world nations to find a way to succeed.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by upnorthtrip

You forgot that indigenous people and black people existed long before the white come into their lands and force them to live their ways and douctrines.I understand what Lula mean so as you should.
I'm a white myself and i don't feel attacked.
Maybe it's because my eyes are brown

Mod Edit: Removed an actioned post quote.

[edit on 3/27/2009 by seagull]

We know what is making your eyes brown.

Not everybody believes that "Whites" are the new kids on the block.
There is a lot of hidden knowledge that shows whites, (probably with blue eyes), were all over the place long before "indigenous anything".

Whatever.

I suggest that the Brazilian President, and anybody that supports his theory, ask why so many non-whites are swarming to primarily "white" nations for better quality of life.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Like he wasn't in the thick of things...pumping his government money into commodity businesses trying to run our companies out of business.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Jester
Know you people see why people join the Neo-Nazi groups.

Peace

Yeah, that makes flawless sense. Someone hates you, you need to hate them right back...and make a cult out of that hatred. Yep. Entirely logical. You and your starmen both get my most sincere sarcastic applause.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SumnerKagan

not in America they wern't or did your history teacher not go into that??

All this is beside the point anyway what was said was probably not what was meant and if it was, well looking into the history that most people have been bringing up well I dont blame him for being a little ticked at the white elite who say they can fix the problem but never do

and really the fact that he may or may not be white is totally irrelevant he made a statement trying to fathom it by that logic will get people nowhere

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join