It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Flare Question?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'm sure there are a few threads on this, but I just want an opinion.

www.foxnews.com...://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510866,0 0.html

Apparently the sun is having a ''midlife'' crisis. Do any of you out there see this as a threat?

I highly respect Michio Kaku as a astro-physicist, But is that big ball of anger, headed our way, it does seem like a long shot.

I don't want to get into the fear mongering side, so I'm running it by you all.

Especially now that all the developed nations are solely dependant on electricity, this is intense if fully true.

"Changed title to see if it would allure more in to see"

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Republican08]

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It happened in the 1800's there really isn't any reason for it not to happen now.

Man, talk about a panic. No lights, no frozen or cooled foods. People would go nuts.

It is just a matter of time before it happens.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yeah, apparently in 1859 it happened, I mean I could definately see a Muslim uprising in the radical sector, saying it was allah's will, if it solely hits the USA.

But i'm am very assured any ATS member would be living a nice and happy life, being well prepared!! I'm a little envious of that.

The S will hit the F, the question is how. More and more i'm seeing new options pop up, now we just have to pick one.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hi.

First of all, the Sun is nowhere near it's "Mid-Life" age. This is a young Sun.

There are steps that can be taken to prepare for something like this, and there would be time to act once something like this was detected.

It sounds like 2 possibilities could be going on here:

1. Somebody wants some money for some big, crazy program, a la "War on Terror".

or

2. Somebody is preparing people for certain events that can possibly be created artificially, cripple a specific area on Earth, and then blamed on the hot-button subject of the day-
The Sun.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This has been a constant threat since the existance of the earth.
Looks like people need a new threat to panic us.

He lost me when he said we need to start to prepare oursleves and try to protect the satellites and other equipment. If a storm like this hits there is nothing we can do about it.

Then as soon as he mentioned 2012 it thought...game over buddy. That will just encourage the wackos out there to jump on the 2012 bandwagon.

It is no more of a worry than the hundreds of killer asteroids we dont know about, or the superviruses yet to be unleashed on society or the threat of nuclear war or the multitude of other disasters seen and unseen

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm wondering what would happen if we simply shut down the entire power grid just prior to the solar flare hitting the earth. Unless the flare itself caused power to circulate within the grid, there would be nothing there to cause transformers to short out. The grid could be re-instated after any danger has passed ... catastrophe averted.

Since it takes about eight minutes for sunlight to reach the earth, we would know in short order when the flare was headed this way. I don't know how fast the flare actually travels, but it is surely much slower than the speed of light. This would give us hours (days?) to systematically perform a controlled shutdown.

new topics

top topics

join