It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Theory to Bind Them All

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I have an inherent affection for the "Occam's Razor" principle. Find one simple explanation for lots of "problems" keeps things neat and tidy, and is much easier to deal with. From this affinity, I've developed a theory which explains a LOT of things we don't understand.

Firstly, my theory is predicated upon the fact that there are alternate universes or other dimensions. Not necessarily parallel dimensions, just other dimensions, which are separated from us by something other than the distance of physical space. If you can't handle that, you might as well quit reading and find another thread to look at; you won't like this one.

Secondly, there are ways to pass between dimensions. They could be universes or planes of existence, but to keep it a bit simpler, I'll just refer to them as dimensions.
Some beings may have figured out a way to deliberately travel between dimensions more or less at will, others do so by accident.

The divisions between the dimensions are not a constant, not always the same. Some times I think of them as a fabric, or a fence, which may develop holes or tears through which something can pass. Other ideas are that they are more like walls in which doors can be opened. In any case, there are ways for "things" to pass between dimensions from time to time. There may even be a few pathways which are relatively stable and permanent, these may be perceived by us as vortexes, wormholes, areas where there are magnetic and spatial anomalies, or just places where lots of weird things happen repeatedly. I speculate that Sedona, Gilliand Ranch, the Bermuda Triangle, and other similar areas may contain a pathway to one or more other dimensions.

I have more than once attempted to compile a mental list of all the phenomena my theory can explain; I will now attempt to put that list in writing but reserve the right to add to it later. Here are the things which I propose can be explained by my theory:

UFOs
Bigfoot, Yeti, Sasquatch, Yowie, etc.
Lake Monsters
Alien Big Cats, Hellhounds, and similar "alien" animals
People vanishing mysteriously
"Missing time" episodes
Events where people seem to be in another place or time for a while, a place they can't return to later.
Fortean phenomena such as falls of animals and unusual substances from the sky
The "Bermuda Triangle" and other vanishings of boats, aircraft, and other vehicles.
Non-human spirits
Shadow people
Mothman, the Dover Demon, the Jersey Devil, and other similar "cryptids"
Legendary and mythological creatures such as dragons, unicorns, trolls, fairies, goblins, brownies, gnomes, elves, gargoyles, etc.
Orbs
Abductions

After this initial post, I intend to start accumulating evidence for this theory, such as accounts of people vanishing, connections between things that are normally perceived as separate (like UFOs and Bigfoot, or UFOs and alien black cats), reports of "wormholes" and rips in space, and other evidence which would support my theory.

Anyone else who considers it possible is also welcome to post any evidence they are aware of, or find, or any personal accounts are welcome. Counter-evidence is also welcome and will be considered.

Obviously I'm posting this here because I'd like to hear other ideas and opinions, and in addition to compiling evidence I would enjoy some discussion if anyone is interested. I hope someone is, or this will be a very lonely thread!

I'll begin with this excerpt from a UFO sighting:

Gatay stated: "Suddenly, the strange man vanished, and I couldn't explain how he did it, since he did not disappear from my field of vision by walking away, but vanished like an image one erases. Then I heard a strong whistling sound which drowned the noise of our excavators. Soon the object rose by successive jerks, in a vertical direction, and then it too was erased in a sort of blue haze, as if by a miracle."
The full story is here

Another one:

The man said he had studied astronomy and added: "My immediate thought was that I had seen a meteor but the way it disappeared suddenly from being very large and bright and the size of particles in the tail were not what I would expect."

From here.

Ukraine sighting, 1982

That situation lasted 5-6 minutes and suddenly the UFOs disappeared like light from a bulb when you turn off the switch. We tried to find them in the sky around the airplane, but they had definitely disappeared. The war planes were gone also but we saw how they were changing their course and flying further and further on both sides of our aircraft.
Full report here.

UFOs are seen to come in all kinds of different shapes and sizes, ranging from saucers, ovals, cigars, spheres, rocket and triangular shaped. They can suddenly appear and disappear, only to reappear in a completely different location.

From here.

Also from the same source:

At that point the UFO was seen to ripple and get fuzzy at the edges. After the hazy ripple, it completely vanished leaving the eyewitness wondering what he had just seen.

More support from the same site:

Physicists have speculated that what we see around shape-shifting UFOs may not be the UFO itself, but rather the energy change occurring around the UFO as it moves between dimensions. Apparent "vehicles" that seem to change shape while in the air may not be spacecraft at all, but cross-sections of four-dimensional objects that bisect familiar 3-D reality. For example, a 3-D cross section of a 4-D tube would appear spherical. If the tube was irregular in shape, we would expect it to "change shape" in our three dimensions as it moved, much how a sphere passing through a two-dimensional plane would appear like a rapidly growing disk to any watching flatlanders.

Also, here is a site which lists reports connecting UFOs and Bigfoot. There are quite a few. Bigfoot Casebook

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Just a few of the more interesting (to me) accounts of people vanishing:

The Long, Long Drive - A similar disappearance was reported by The New York Times in April, 1980. Charles Romer and his wife Catherine ... Then they went out, possibly to get some dinner. A highway patrolman might have seen their car on the road that evening. If so, it was the last anyone ever saw of the Romers or their Continental. They never arrived at any restaurant and never made it back to the motel. It wasn't until three days later that an investigation showed that their motel beds were never slept in. A thorough search of the area found absolutely no trace of the Romers or their car - no clues whatsoever. They simply vanished without a trace.
Source

The Bennington Triangle, which includes a man vanishing from a bus en-route, a young woman vanishing while taking a walk, and a young boy who vanished from his own yard.

Weird Encyclopedia: The Bennington Triangle

Vanished: Unsolved Disappearances

OWEN PARFITT

Parfitt was an ex-tailor who lived in the little English town of Shepton Mallet, in the county of Somerset. Parfitt was an invalid, aged about 70, who resided with his sister Susannah in a cottage on what was, for that day and age, a busy turnpike road. One balmy June evening in 1768, Parfitt was carried by his sister and another younger woman, Susannah Snook, downstairs and placed in a chair by the door. He was left alone there, with his coat across his chest, as his sister went upstairs and Snook went home. About fifteen minutes later, the sister heard, according to one witness account, "a noise," and quickly ran downstairs. She discovered Parfitt's chair was empty beneath the coat that was still lying there, but he was nowhere in sight. A massive search was conducted, but to no avail. Old Parfitt was well known around Shepton Mallet, and if somehow he'd miraculously managed to rise from a chair he supposedly was unable to rise unaided from, and make his way to the turnpike road, surely one of the 3000 inhabitants of the town would have noticed him. Parfitt was never seen again.
From Unexplained Disappearances

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Here are a couple neat things you may like.
Skinwalker Ranch

A wide variety of paranormal activities have allegedly been encountered at the ranch. Unusual or unidentified aircraft, balls of light, poltergeist activity, cattle mutilation, and strange creatures have been reported. The last owners reported no problems while living there. Chapter 14 in Kelleher and Knapp's book "Hunt for the Skinwalker" asserts that after numerous interviews with neighbors to the Gorman ranch, many spoke of unusual experiences to NIDS researchers (one, identified as "Mr. Gonsalez" alleged that he had unusual experiences with cattle disappearances). They also claim local Ute Indians have a history of encounters with unusual objects and creatures. Since the real names of these people are not revealed, these claims cannot be independently verified.

And
Dyaltov Pass

The mysterious circumstances and subsequent investigations of the hikers' deaths have inspired much speculation. Investigations of the deaths suggest that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot in heavy snow; while the corpses show no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue. According to sources, the victims' clothing contained high levels of radiation - though this was likely added at a later date, since no reference is made to it in contemporary documentation and only in later documents. Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths, barring entry to the area for years thereafter. The causes of the accident remain unclear

That one may be unrelelated, but I thought it was worth a look.

And of course
Spring Heeled Jack

The first report of Jack was from a businessman returning home late one night from work, who told of being suddenly shocked as a mysterious figure jumped with ease over the high railings of a cemetery, landing right in his path. No attack was reported, but the submitted description was disturbing: a muscular man with devilish features including large and pointed ears and nose, and protruding, glowing eyes.

Later, in October 1837, a girl by the name of Mary Stevens was walking to Lavender Hill, where she was working as a servant, after visiting her parents in Battersea. On her way through Clapham Common, according to her later statements, a strange figure leapt at her from a dark alley. After immobilising her with a tight grip of his arms, he began to kiss her face, while ripping her clothes and touching her flesh with his claws, which were, according to her deposition, "cold and clammy as those of a corpse". In panic, the girl screamed, making the attacker quickly flee from the scene. The commotion brought several residents who immediately launched a search for the aggressor, who could not be found.

The next day, the leaping character is said to have chosen a very different victim near Mary Stevens' home, inaugurating a method that would reappear in later reports: he jumped in the way of a passing carriage, causing the coachman to lose control, crash, and severely injure himself. Several witnesses claimed that he escaped by jumping over a nine foot-high (2.7 m) wall while babbling with a high-pitched and ringing laughter.

I can stand behind this, honestly. I'll help you out with what I can.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
And of course
Spring Heeled Jack

Just readind this and then read the full article.
Is it possible that this character had actually invented a version of Powerizers?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Don't forget about the Manhatten Project. Some accounts could very easily fit into your theory. It could also lead some to believe that we may one day be able to traverse through "dimensions" at will.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'd like to add a long time ago I was in the car with my friend and we were driving a long a high way ( lots of cars on it ), and in the distance we saw a bright light and thought it was a shooting star, but it came closer and closer and we thought we were gonna die because it seemed so bright and even like a missile or something (lol). and it passed right thru the whole high way and beyond, and when it passed us everything went white for a few seconds and when it passed we had to slam on the breaks otherwise we would've crashed and so did everyone else. We all just sat there until the traffic started to slowly move again.

Very very strange.

can't remember the feeling though.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have a similar view, with some differences. Although extra dimensions at right angle to our plane of existence, and intersecting it, are often believed to be a possibility in sci-fi, physicists view extra dimensions as extremely tiny loops, unlike the three spatial dimensions we know. A speculative engine could perform rotations around these extra dimensional axis to transfer matter into a parallel universe. Some rotations could lead to life-sustaining universes sharing some properties with our own. Gravity is supposed to leak into these parallel universes and could be shared with one or several of them according to recent theories. Gravity that would be felt as anti-gravity from the point of view of a specific universe rotated 180° to our own.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A french physicist, Jean-Pierre Petit, speculates that the geometrical transformation needed for connecting seamlessly a spherical volume of space to a 180° rotated universe may involve a sphere eversion (eversion means "to turn inside out"), a half way model is Boy's surface:

Boy's surface
Smale's paradox: the sphere eversion

Doesn't it look like the Nellis AFB UFO?
video.google.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Thank you for all of the responses and information. I hope you won't mind if I address them all in one post instead of making a post for each one.

Mr. Headshot: Yup, I've read the book on Skinwalker Ranch. I think it is very likely another area where there is a passage or vortex. I remember a particular incident that involved a creature crawling out of what appeared to the observers to be a tunnel to somewhere else; I need to find that account and get it on here.

Dyaltov Pass is new to me, thank you! I will be looking into it.

Daisy-Lola: Spring-Heeled Jack is indeed a bizarre case, and one I will probably pull in here at some point. Thank you.

Cameoii: Yes, that definitely has to get in here, but I need to sift through and find what I think is the most factual account, as some of them seem to be rather sensationalized, especially after the movie. Thank you.

Shadowland8: Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm thinking perhaps the light was only partly in this dimension, is that kind of what you are thinking? The light probably wasn't a passage or you would have found yourself someplace else. Some people have gone "someplace else" and managed to return, I will be looking up some of those cases later.

Nablator: What a cool image!! Is that related in any way to that bit I found about how a 4-D image would appear in our 3-D universe? I admit I'm having a bit of a tough time understanding the physics ... but I'll be reading your links and see if that helps any. Thanks for your participation!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The only problem with the pass is that the documents, if they still exist, are still classified. More than likely it has to do with some strange military testing but you just never know. I mean, the guys tongue was missing...

I have a ton of these type of things, I'll get some gathered up if I can.

Nablator
Correct me if I'm misunderstanding you are you saying nothing "comes out" of the other dimensions because they're too small, but they help to create alternate realities?
If that IS what you're saying I ask you this: what makes you think size matters?
They could easily be scaleable.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Personally, I prefer to think of it in terms of other 'planes' of cohesive matter, energy, time, etc, which are created by, exist within each other, and are linked together by the ever shifting medium/song of our multiverse (EM frequencies). I shy away from the use of 'dimensions' as the dimensions are the laws that govern the interactions of matter, energy, time, force, etc. All dimensions exist everywhere within our multiverse. Saying you're going to go to another dimension would be like saying you're going to go to another law.

Planes overlap and matter/energy 'slip' through all the time (if you want to think of it in those terms) but on a small scale. I think it's better to think of it in terms of influence, though. To do this on a large enough scale to move a ship, a person, or even just a small piece of mass requires quite a bit of intermittently pulsing high magnitude magnetic compressions at a synchronised frequency(ies) which will greatly influence the matter, energy, time, space, etc, within that closed loop circuit. The phenomenon of 'gates', portals, wormholes, conduits, 'whateveryouwannacallits' can happen in nature as well, (ie- earthquakes, valcanoes, etc). But these are somewhat random, infrequent, and flighty because of the requirements for it to happen. Also, while currently constrained to the study of mechanical waves, cymatics holds an important clue to this phenomenon, (fractally consistent patterns in wave forms). Sorry if I make it sound easy because it isn't (devil's in the details), but that's the basic concept.

(By the way, you can pick up on other frequencies from those planes, if you tune in just right. And why not? They're tuning in to us at times.
)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

If that IS what you're saying I ask you this: what makes you think size matters?
They could easily be scaleable.

Size does matter. Extra-dimensions in string theory and more recent theories are a means to integrate symmetries of nature into a mathematical object. These dimensions are invisible because they are "compactified", it has been proven in the framework of string theory. Just google "compactified dimensions" if you want more info.

There's no way to transfer a macroscopic object as a whole into them. However, each of the particles of matter could be transfered, in theory. Such a technology, if possible, would give access to (maybe) a hyperspace bypass through parallel universes with different laws and distances.

The rotation angles I'm talking about are quantified, defined by a group theoretic object. A 180° rotation would result in moving a craft the "other side (2D analogy)" of our universe, like the ant crawling on the Moebius strip.

My pet theory is that the solar system is near a highway in hyperspace.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
Nablator: What a cool image!! Is that related in any way to that bit I found about how a 4-D image would appear in our 3-D universe?

Not exactly, because the Flatland analogy is not valid in this case, I'm not talking about a 4D object intersecting 3D space.

I admit I'm having a bit of a tough time understanding the physics ... but I'll be reading your links and see if that helps any. Thanks for your participation!

Me too, I'm not a physicist, this is so much speculative that most physicist dare not explore the practical applications yet. I hope I'll see it someday, even though I'm not too optimistic. It may take many centuries.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

I have long been convinced of your "One Theory" being real, actually, and not theory. Back in the timeperiod 1978-through-1980, when me and others were witnessing numerous ufo phenomenon, due to a flapwave, well one day when me and a friend were at her house, we were looking at these two classic 'Men-In-Black' walking in front of her livingroom window, looking back in at us. [ At that moment, my friend and I did NOT know about the MIB phenomenon ]. They totally resembled what I heard in more recent times, reported, as "the Tall Whites", by a military witness (cannot recall his name just now) but dressed in black suits, with very ODD elongated appearing craniums and short black 'hair'. (?)
My friend and I were fearless adventurous 'immortal' hooligans, who said, "lets run out to them, and see what they're all about!" We flung the door open and bounded out---to---....nothing. There was NO ONE there. The 2 MIBs had just instantly vanished. I'm always glad I was not alone, otherwise, I would have always wondered if I was hallucinating, even though I do not and have --never-- hallucinated, nor ingested illegal drugs and hallucinogens.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
As much as I enjoy all the subjects under this thread my personal view is rather narrow and one sided.

I believe that its all balled up under one Ultra project of mind control. WHY?
Cause its based upon my own research and unfortunate experiences the last 50 years.

I've met others who worked years under DARPA who have experienced the same mind altering experiences. Its just a way of compartmentalizing the cutting edge advancements for national security. It includes strange flying machines, strange looking aliens, implant technology, GPS, satellite photos to dimensional vortexs.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skydancer

That is very interesting as well, and your kind of explanation --has-- occurred to me. It could very well be.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The Skinwalker Ranch

A large orange portal in the sky which appears to open into another place (blue sky can be seen through it at night). According to the Sherman family black vehicles were seen entering and leaving the portal.

for which one of the possible explanations is:

The presence at the ranch of a small wormhole, time travel portal, or rip in space-time that allows technologies and genetically enhanced beings from another time to be transported into the present. This scenario would explain the diverse array of phenomena encountered at the ranch, but is problematic given current doubts about the viability of time travel.

from The Book of Thoth

On August 25, 1997, two members of NIDS, Jim and Mike (not their real names) are on a night watch, on the edge of a bluff, a hundred feet above the pasture, where some strange events have taken place before. Around 2:30 A.M., they begin to see a faint light just above the ground, invisible to the eyes but visible through powerful night vision binoculars, amplifying electronically low level ambient light. It's a dirty yellow light which expands to form a kind of "tunnel", about four feet in diameter. Suddenly, Mike perceives a dark creature, at least six feet tall, crawling out of it and walking away, whereupon the tunnel begins to shrink, and soon disappears. However, his companion Jim claims to have only seen the light. And although they have scientific equipment to measure radiation levels and magnetic spikes, they fail to record anything unusual. They have taken pictures, but "the photos were disappointing, showing only a single very faint blurry light in one and nothing on the rest of the roll of film."

From "Hunt for the Skinwalker" review

I've had another thought. No, don't worry, I didn't hurt myself.

I think that EVPs (Electronic Voice Phenomena) may also be explained by my theory. We already know that there are sounds we can't hear, such as dog whistles. There may be sound leaking through from other dimensions - both ways - on frequencies that we can't hear, or which are difficult to hear with the human ear.

You know those cell phone rings that only kids can hear? I wonder if some of those sounds might be coming through on similar frequencies, which explains why kids and teens hear "ghostly" voices and sounds more often than adults do.

Anyway, voice recorders and tape recorders are better at picking up stuff at the edges of the range we can hear, aren't they? This might be one possible explanation for why you don't hear the sound when you're recording, but you hear it at playback or after analysis.

And what about those cold spots? The prevailing theory seems to be that entities use heat energy to manifest, but what if they are using heat energy to create a passage so that they can "come through"?

When a "bear-thing" from somewhere else decided to pop in to my kitchen for some chocolate chip cookies, the temperature of the whole room dropped an estimated 30 - 35 degrees F. I will add reports of Cold Spots associated with UFOs or other events and phenomena other than ghosts to the list of things I am looking for.

Thanks again to everyone who is reading and/or participating.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I may go to the Bennington Triangle and see if I can be sucked into another reality- This one stinks.

I'll try to take a video camera (one of the cheap deals) and record my final moments- as long as IT doesn't get sucked in with me!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
A friend and I are doing a bit of research you might find interesting and helpful. I'll post it up once we get it all compiled; it may be a while but I'll get back to you.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Way Cool! Thanks! No hurry, neither I nor this thread are going anywhere.

I'll be doing some more research later also, but today (3/28/09) I have to "work" at a special event all day, and we're having a snowstorm!

You should see some more new stuff here from me by tomorrow...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join