It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is everyone here in denial about this war?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
smirkley, the US dollar just made the largest gain on the Euro in two decades....posted the article today....Euro is NOT a threat.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
huge snip

Blix quote when he retired as inspector last year.

"But I think we were vindicated in the prudence that we showed. We consistently maintained that unaccounted for is not the same thing as saying things exist. They might exist, they might not exist and I think everything shows that that was wise."
This means that the unacounted for weapons didn't have to exist at all. I think history has shown them not to exist. The list that is still on the UN's website is just a list of imaginary WMD. Why has it not been updated? Write to the UN, don't ask me.

I am so sorry, hit the gosh damn wrong button. My sincere apologies heelstone...hit edit instead of quote....mod screw up made in haste.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
aware:

Thats the same thing with 911. The administration made an allegation BASED ON DUBIOUS FINDINGS, and IS NOT INTERESTED IN HEARING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY.

What "allegations" are you refering to aware.....WMD's?
Seems that those intel reports that Bush and his advisors used where the same reports and documentations that half the world, including the UN, also had in thier collective intel reports, etc.
Dubious indeed, eh? If the US's intel findings were wrong, then half the world, again, including the UN, was wrong.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

huge snip

Blix quote when he retired as inspector last year.

"But I think we were vindicated in the prudence that we showed. We consistently maintained that unaccounted for is not the same thing as saying things exist. They might exist, they might not exist and I think everything shows that that was wise."
This means that the unacounted for weapons didn't have to exist at all. I think history has shown them not to exist. The list that is still on the UN's website is just a list of imaginary WMD. Why has it not been updated? Write to the UN, don't ask me.

I am so sorry, hit the gosh damn wrong button. My sincere apologies heelstone...hit edit instead of quote....mod screw up made in haste.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Seekerof]

heelstone:
So, let me get this straight heelstone, what your implying is that due to one man's assertions, for which there are others that refute his findings, that half the world, including the UN was wrong? WTF.....wow.....

seekerof

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   

So, let me get this straight heelstone, what your implying is that due to one man's assertions, for which there are others that refute his findings, that half the world, including the UN was wrong? WTF.....wow.....

Blix was the man in charge of this particular issue, was he not? I'm sure his word holds water as a result.

Yes. Half the world including the UN was wrong. Either because they were lying or they were stupid. One or the other. The people that would be in the know are Hans Blix and other inspectors (like your buddy Scott Ritter), not bureaucrats who throw wild claims at the media for the public to ingest. Why this point has not yet been made clear to you is beyond my understanding.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

smirkley, the US dollar just made the largest gain on the Euro in two decades........Euro is NOT a threat.

seekerof

I suspect the move had much to do with the hintings from Greenspan of overnight interest rate increases, as well as the news of food companies boosting prices to cover increased raw goods costs, basically signalling in inflation, and yet also a huge 10 percent drop in gold futures in the last 21 days, and large recent retail energy cost increases.

Something very dynamic is happening right now, and all the indicators have flipped in the last couple of weeks. And I do not think it is readily apparent of the cause or the effect. But right now, something basic is changing.

But I dare say the Euro IS a definite economic 'threat' or issue, that should not be dismissed becouse of a recent market move.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Anyone who has ever studied logic knows you can not prove a negative. What we can prove is that Bush lied about the Iraqis trying to get fissionable materials from Nigeria.

How many times do you have to catch someone in a lie before they become a liar??

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mepatriot

How many times do you have to catch someone in a lie before they become a liar??

Evidently the moral fiber of our country has been so eroded that fact and fiction have become intertwined.
In fact, when once it was considered a disgrace to be a liar or a cheat, it is now excepted and expected.
Whats scares me is not that they lie so easily, politicians have always done that, what scares me is these fools believing the lies.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Why are you editing my thread?

heelstone...did you read what I said when I mistakeningly hit the wrong button in my haste to quote your post?

Thank you.

As to this:

Yes. Half the world including the UN was wrong.

Glad you put your faith in one man's assertions....Hans Blix.....
So again, your telling me that Hans Blix has conclusively proven that Saddam/Iraq had no WMDs?
Really?
Is he flip-flopping or just plain making an educated guess?
Here's what he said one month before the article given by aware:

Making his final report to the Security Council before retiring, Blix said he had not found Iraq resumed its weapons of mass destruction production, although this did not mean such programs did not exist.

But he said it was "not justified to jump to the conclusion that something exists just because it is unaccounted for."

Blix: Existence of Iraq's Weapons Still Unclear

Here's from awares article:

But I think we were vindicated in the prudence that we showed. We consistently maintained that unaccounted for is not the same thing as saying things exist. They might exist, they might not exist and I think everything shows that that was wise.

(Link already provided by aware)

Seems pretty "conclusive" to me heelstone.....not.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
aware:

.....fools believing the lies.

Hmmm, nice aware....lets attack the people who differ in opinion to seal your own beliefs and vindications, eh?

Does it make you feel better?
Is your manhood bigger than mine now?
I guess it makes what you say correct and what others say wrong?
Opinions and beliefs contrary to yours amount to horsesh_t when they differ in opinion?
God forbid anyone has a differ in opinion to you guys....

Great reply to give in a debate aware, I applaud you on the assertion.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkleyBut I dare say the Euro IS a definite economic 'threat' or issue, that should not be dismissed becouse of a recent market move.

Umm, if the euro was comparable to the dollar at this point in time the US economy would be in a lot more trouble. 1st the euro is inflated and with all inflation's it will pop. 2nd we have a huge trade defect with china and if the dollar was doing better than the euro that would make it worse. I think the dollar is where it should be as far as value, at least until someone with half a brain kicks china out of the WTO, than again having that kind of economic link with china does give us a rather strategic economic position with china. So it might not be that bad of an idea to keep them around. So in hine site (not 20/20) I'd say the only thing threatening about the euro is when the bubble pops it could drive the value of the dollar up.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Um_gaz... There was 1 attack on the USA... and all of a sudden terrorism is a HUGE issue. I doubt there would have been many more. The only reason terrorism is increasing is because of the war. Dont you ignorant fools realise all the war does is displace more people who then become terrorists. The War On Terror doesn not stop terrorists it creates them.

As for the dick who said islam is a terrorist religion, your obviously completely in the dark about anything and everything. Are the IRA Islamic, What about ETA? And what about the billion+ Muslims in the world who want nothing to do with terrorism? are they terrorists. its ignorant statements like this which undermine anyones serious agruments about terrorism. Its racsist pricks like you that cause # like this to happen. Now i'm not islamic but it really pisses me off to stupid bigots like you still being allowed to live.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
There you go again, the sheepdog keeping the sheeple in line.

Saying that the war on terrorism is a war on Islam is absurd, since it is possible for an 8 year old to prove that 911 was an inside job period.

Do a google search and look for the evidence that the TV networks and newspapers are supporting a story that is so far into fantasy land as it is fair to say, about as useful as a stubborn flat earth theory, or totally delusional paranoid fantasy. And all the generals in the Pentagon, all the cabinet members know it if they have one ounce of any cultural literacy at all. We are dealing with Project Northwoods on a massive scale, and a cancophany of failed ideas dominating the political landscape. I honestly expected more convincing lies from our government, but they were so sloppy it boggles and googles the mind.

"Radical Islam," is an outgrowth of a highly infectious "Wahabbism," something like a computer virus if you will. Years ago the British wanted to undermine the Ottoman Empire and sent agents into leadership positions. They charged up that radical position. Look up "Confessions of a British Spy."

It is exasperating to show anyone this basic foible, and I am sure you could not convince a radical Islamisist he had been taken. He thinks it is his real "religion." The Ottoman Empire was a tolerant heaven, compared to what exists in the Islamic Middle east today. It was prosperous, clear reasoning, exactly what the British did not want. They put many petty tyrants into power, having first schooled them. The Ottoman's were destroyed, those who created a polity where Jews, Moslems, and Christians lived together in peace.

I suppose other intertwinings of religion and faulty philosophies were done in other places. Please people, unlearn the rubbish your media is drilling into you. Start to think!

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   

aware:

.....fools believing the lies.

Hmmm, nice aware....lets attack the people who differ in opinion to seal your own beliefs and vindications, eh?

seekerof

hey, if the shoe fits my friend, wear it.
Not once in my post did i mention you, or anyone else for that matter.
Politicians lie. Fools believe lies.
Is there a flaw in my logic?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

The US Government is the largest terrorist organisation in the world, with a long violent history of 'military intervention' and taking out governments that they can no longer exploit. Their battles aren't fought with rusty Ak's and pipebombs but rather helicopter gunships, special forces, propoganda and depleted uranium.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
aware, you said all I needed to know...and more.

Evidently the moral fiber of our country has been so eroded that fact and fiction have become intertwined.
In fact, when once it was considered a disgrace to be a liar or a cheat, it is now excepted and expected.
Whats scares me is not that they lie so easily, politicians have always done that, what scares me is these fools believing the lies.

You see, conspiracy theories are just that: theories and bits and pieces of half-backed truths (bits and pieces of 'facts' taken out of context and then used to frame/build half-baked conspiracy theories).
For a conspiracy theory to hold up to truth, it must be scrutinized and weighed (subjugated to harsh questions, etc).

In regards to those still reported and documented "unaccounted for" WMD's, the two questions I have asked have and are yet to be fully and empirically answered despite the flip-flop, ambiguious, uncertain Hans Blix comments/assertions. Just as the overly asserted and chimed 'fact' that Saddam/Iraq did not have WMD's prior to hostilities breaking out, this also remains inconclusive and unempirical proven.

I ask the questions because they need to be suffeciently answered, in regards to yours and others own conspiracy beliefs. If Hans Blix's statements were so conclusive and empirical, why is that, as I have mentioned already, that the UN today and half the worlds nations still list those "unaccounted for" WMD's as still 'unaccounted for'?

Despite the hidden inuendo's and word plays, I will continue to hold to the questions as being 100% viable and yet to be fully and suffeciently answered, for the answers that have been given, have yet to fully and empirically nullify what is being asked.

seekerof

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Sorry everybody but the reason we are in the mess we are now is thanks to this retarded president we have now. It does not have to do we religion or believes but the whimps of one person Mr. bush and his whealthy partners in his base oil busisness. WHAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!! IT IS OLL FOR THE MONEY.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

WHAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!! IT IS OLL FOR THE MONEY.

Ya....I guess 9/11 and the Madrid bombings were just people's imagination...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join