It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Flow of Information Act of 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Free Flow of Information Act of 2009

thomas.loc.gov

COVERED PERSON- The term `covered person' means a person who regularly gathers, prepares, collects, photographs, records, writes, edits, reports, or publishes news or information that concerns local, national, or international events or other matters of public interest for dissemination to the public for a substantial portion of the person's livelihood or for substantial financial gain and includes a supervisor, employer, parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of such covered person
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
People that are going to post here should take a good long look at this bill if you are having trouble getting the link to work either take the name of the headline itself and do a search or use Bill Number H. R. 985 of the 111th Congress.

I dont care what this bill says if theres any evidence at all of this or any other government planning to or has plans to cover up something why hiding behind secrecy or excutive priviliage it will be exposed.

How do you feel about congress labeling all of us a covered person?

Falcon

thomas.loc.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think you're misunderstanding the term "covered person" - as far as I can tell it just means any person "covered" by the bill itself.

As the general purpose of the bill appears to be to protect journalists from being forced to disclose their sources to Federal law enforcement, I don't think it's as sinister as it sounds. In fact it sounds like a good idea.

Unfortunately, the way modern legislation is written, it's almost impossible for a layman (anybody but a lawyer, really) to figure out exactly what a law actually says

new topics

join