It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN panel Touts New Global Currency Reserve System!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The U.N. commission, led by US economist and globalist Joseph Stiglitz, a frequent critic of globalization and unbridled free markets, is primarily aimed at finding solutions for developing countries.

Stiglitz, the author of several books books on globalization, noted that developing countries are lending the United States trillions dollars at almost zero interest rates when they have huge needs themselves "It's indicative of the nature of the problem. It's a net transfer, in a sense, to the United States, a form of foreign aid."

Stiglitz says his panel of eperts is trying to lay the framwork for how this goal can be accomplished.

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner earlier this week defended the dollar as a key global reserve currency.

This is moving at a rapid pace...

Hope everyone is paying close attention!

A UN panel of expert economists pressed Thursday for a new global currency reserve scheme to replace the volatile, dollar-based system and for coordinated steps by rich countries to stimulate their economies.
"A new Global Reserve System -- what may be viewed as a greatly expanded SDR (Special Drawing Rights), with regular or cyclically adjusted emissions calibrated to the size of reserve accumulations, could contribute to global stability, economic strength and global equity," the panel said.

As part of several recommendations to tackle the global financial crisis, the panel also noted recovery would require all developed countries, in the short term, to take "strong, coordinated and effective actions to stimulate their economies."

And it stressed the need to "lay the basis for the long-run reforms that will be necessary if we are to have a more stable and more prosperous global economy and avoid future global crises."

www.breitbart.com...

Related Top Secret Thread

[edit on 26-3-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ron Paul on Bill Maher 02/20/2009 This Video Rocks!!!
Incredible Dont Miss Out on seeing this!!

In this video, Ron Paul explains the why and how of this new currency or "currency system, and what it means for The United States of America!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The issue of the world currency reserve is expected to be raised at the April 2 summit of the G20 club of developed and emerging economies...

"A new Global Reserve System -- what may be viewed as a greatly expanded SDR (Special Drawing Rights), with regular or cyclically adjusted emissions calibrated to the size of reserve accumulations, could contribute to global stability, economic strength and global equity," the panel said.

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

This sounds like someone is laying the ground work for
666 the mark of the beast.
You will not be able to buy, sell or trade unless you have the
Mark of the Beast.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

World leaders should give urgent attention to reaching consensus on creating a global reserve system that would replace the US dollar as the main international currency, the United Nations General Assembly was told on Thursday.
03-26-2009

www.ft.com...

The Beast out of the Earth

11Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. 12He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. 14Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yes, the post above contains some information...
Reply button works 50% of the time...???

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I decided I don't care. I can't do anything about it and I have no illusions of getting rich so why bother? I will live my life to the fullest and hope when I get old that I am healthy and viviatious for a thousand years then I can reincarnate and they will have new money again.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroid
I decided I don't care. I can't do anything about it and I have no illusions of getting rich so why bother? I will live my life to the fullest and hope when I get old that I am healthy and viviatious for a thousand years then I can reincarnate and they will have new money again.

Reincarnation happens only in the mind...it's a bugs life...
squish the mosquito...oh wait that was my ancestor...

reintarnation

after death, coming back to life as a hillbilly
one of the winners in the Washington Post's Style Invitational - words altered by adding, subtracting, or changing only one letter and supplying a new definition
www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

George Soros, the billionaire investor sees Zombie banks draining the life out of the U.S. economy...contrary to the majority of U.S. economists...who see the U.S. economy halting contraction in the third quarter, and resuming growth in the fourth quarter...

The U.S. economy is in for a "lasting slowdown" and could face a Japan-style period of relatively low growth coupled with high inflation, billionaire investor George Soros said on Monday.

Soros, speaking to Reuters Financial Television, also warned that rescuing U.S. banks could turn them into "zombies" that draw the lifeblood of the economy, prolonging the economic slowdown.

"I don't expect the U.S. economy to recover in the third or fourth quarter so I think we are in for a pretty lasting slowdown," Soros said, adding that in 2010 there might be "something" in terms of U.S. growth.
CNBC

The recovery will look like "an inverted square root sign," Soros said. "You hit bottom and you automatically rebound some, but then you don't come out of it in a V-shape recovery or anything like that. You settle down—step down."

The healing of the banking system and housing markets is crucial to recovery. "The banking system, as a whole, is basically insolvent," Soros said....
Soros also said the U.S. dollar is under selling pressure and may eventually be replaced as a world reserve currency, possibly by the IMF's Special Drawing Rights, a synthetic currency basket comprised of dollars, euros, yen and sterling.

"I think the dollar is now under question and I think the system will need to be reformed, so that the United States will be subject to the same discipline as is imposed on other countries," said Soros, whose famous bet against the British pound earned his Quantum Fund $1 billion in 1992. "Being the main issuer of international currency, we have been exempt and we have abused that because we have effectively consumed 6.5 percent more than we have produced. That is now coming to an end."
CNBC

Frightening, this echos in harmony with the Global European Anticipation Bulletin's prediciton for the U.S. and World Economy...

More from the Global European Anticipation Bulletin...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Your next summit takes place in a few days in London; but are you aware that you have less than a semester to prevent the world from plunging into a crisis that will take at least a decade to resolve, accompanied by a whole series of tragedies and ferment? Therefore, this open letter by LEAP/E2020, who saw the arrival of a « global systemic crisis » as early as three years ago, intends to briefly explain why it happened and how to limit further damage.

If indeed you began to suspect the onset of a sizeable crisis less than a year ago, LEAP/E2020, in the second issue of their « Global Europe Anticipation Bulletin » (GEAB N°2), anticipated that the world was about to enter into the « trigger phase » of a crisis of historic proportions.

GEAB (LEAP 2020)

[edit on 7-4-2009 by burntheships]

top topics

join