It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vindication of conspiracy theorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
As a bit of a conspiracy theorist, I found myself contemplating my perception of the world and how it fits in with the general consensus of society. I came to realize that there is some degree of frustration, and on occasion anger, to see how others ignore, disregard or flat out fail to consider the possibility of some very serious allegations. The thing that gets me through these feelings of frustrations is the idea that I believe that the truth will one day come out and my beliefs will be vindicated.

Then what? Well, I suppose it depends on which belief comes to light first. If the NWO starts rounding people up and sending them to camps, sure I am right, but at that point I am mad from an 'I told you so' mind set, but there isn't really satisfaction. To some extent, and I think this may apply to other conspiracy theorists (CT), I either hope or expect all the doubters and non-believers will turn to CTs looking for guidance.

When you stop and think about it, we CTs have been self-educating ourselves as masters of 'possible' hidden truths. To become teachers for the reeducation of the ignorant after any such conspiracy is the only satisfying vindication I can think of.

Do other CTs feel that, because of there research and faith in what they believe as truth, they should be: teachers of survival in an apocalyptic world, ambassadors to ETs, philosophers in ideal government post-NWO, or advisers of the paranormal, after any such revelation?

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Wolf321]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
No takers on the matter? Or did this just go through too quickly to get noticed?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This will be my last effort to get some feedback and discussion. I am sure someone has an opinion on this. Bump.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
As a bit of a conspiracy theorist, I found myself contemplating my perception of the world and how it fits in with the general consensus of society. I came to realize that there is some degree of frustration, and on occasion anger, to see how others ignore, disregard or flat out fail to consider the possibility of some very serious allegations. The thing that gets me through these feelings of frustrations is the idea that I believe that the truth will one day come out and my beliefs will be vindicated.

Then what? Well, I suppose it depends on which belief comes to light first. If the NWO starts rounding people up and sending them to camps, sure I am right, but at that point I am mad from an 'I told you so' mind set, but there isn't really satisfaction. To some extent, and I think this may apply to other conspiracy theorists (CT), I either hope or expect all the doubters and non-believers will turn to CTs looking for guidance.

When you stop and think about it, we CTs have been self-educating ourselves as masters of 'possible' hidden truths. To become teachers for the reeducation of the ignorant after any such conspiracy is the only satisfying vindication I can think of.

Do other CTs feel that, because of there research and faith in what they believe as truth, they should be: teachers of survival in an apocalyptic world, ambassadors to ETs, philosophers in ideal government post-NWO, or advisers of the paranormal, after any such revelation?

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Wolf321]

I think the reason that topic is not getting much attention if because it is a hard question to answer without sounding condescending towards others.

In my opinion just because you might understand a large chunk of life it doesnt necessary give you the skillset to take charge. I think leadership is a natural attribute rather than something that can be excercised. You do not need exceptional knowledge to guide people in the right path. You need a well rounded team who back you up where your knowledge might fail and a good decision making ability.

I am not a firm believer in rebuilding a tarnished society like the one that stands right now. It will just end in the same thing if you follow the old rules.

With things such as frustration at what appears to be outright ignorance of the masses. I do not think that the masses are ignorant, they are afraid more than anything else, especially when someone starts telling them how the life they built around them is a farce. I mean you are talking about attacking a persons core beliefs, in their eyes at least. This is the reason you can accept it, you searched for it, they have not dared to yet.

How would you feel if I were to say that every conspiracy theory you have learned is a diversion??

Empathy is something that is a brilliant skill to have in times like this when people are looking for answers.

I dont think it is all going to pan out like people are saying. Well it might with some of what I have experienced but it wont be as simple as rounding up the masses etc. Plenty more action coming first thats going to keep everyone wondering what is going on. Remember conspiracies focus on the top just like MSM does. What about the bottom??

Ive given posts before explaining in full but people seem to blatantly ignore it. There is nothing that can be done about this and I can tell why. Its like how it all started repeated all over again when trying to speak to conspiracy theorists even.

Im gonna be pissed when the mainstream boys start speeling the stuff in a few years to say the least. But by then it wont be a hard pill to swallow as people get used to the crap that happens be it sheeple, people, theorists, philosophers etc Its all the same, always is and always will be when you contribute to a society so corrupt im afraid.

Deja vu is the futures best friend these days.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
One can't go far from finding at least the threads for
a conspiracy theory just living a life and taking in
the history, news and education when you construct
your own understanding of a conspiracy.

Each and every event you find may not pile into
the conspiracy but it might go along without too much
damage to the main theme.

ED: As an answer as to what do you do with a conspiracy
you have constructed of the Illuminati or whatever.
Hope its truer than most. Let others have there own.
I don't see much more you can do with ideas of your
own construction.

[edit on 3/30/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

So, if you are a conspiracy theorist, how would you feel after the fact if whichever theory you subscribe too is proven true openly? To some extent, there must be some air of superiority for having seen it coming.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

So, if you are a conspiracy theorist, how would you feel after the fact if whichever theory you subscribe too is proven true openly? To some extent, there must be some air of superiority for having seen it coming.

I just have opinions on conspiracies.
I have none that are proven although feel some parts of
a theory are held by others.

I'd say the air is clearer if some parts have agreement from others.
Otherwise its just another story you tell people which may never
be understood as you find it.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I think most Conspiracy Theorists should of been vindicated when President Bush talked about the shadow government. He did not state who was in it, but he did mention it after 911.

The shadow government has been a conspiracy for a long time, and the mention of it was ignored by the mainstream "liberal" press.

Also, the recent memos on torture and getting rid of the First and Fourth Amendments should also vindicate the many members here who think the government wants to take our freedoms away. It did not help matters when the Bush/Cheney assassination squads were talked about. I can't wait for Seymour Hersh's book on the Bush years.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
To me, being a conspiracy theorist doesn't mean we see things nobody else can see, or know things nobody else can know. However, by our very nature, we're much more observant than the masses. We tend to disseminate information with more regard for detail than most, and are accustomed to reading between the lines.

In the event that we're "vindicated" by one of the darker theories coming to light, I think that these qualities, more than we ourselves, will be vindicated. People will begin to realize why they should continually question. They'll realize that there's a reason that those wacky CTers never took anything at face value. Everyone can do the things that we do, one of these big conspiracies being proven right only gives them a reason to see things the way we do.

Does that make sense? Because I'm not sure of my wording here. For instance, if the NWO came cracking down, and started shipping people off to camps, I wouldn't need to teach anyone how to see things the way I do, but the events coming to pass would show them the reason why I see things the way I do, and why they should look through the glass and not at it.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
To me, being a conspiracy theorist doesn't mean we see things nobody else can see, or know things nobody else can know. However, by our very nature, we're much more observant than the masses. We tend to disseminate information with more regard for detail than most, and are accustomed to reading between the lines.

In the event that we're "vindicated" by one of the darker theories coming to light, I think that these qualities, more than we ourselves, will be vindicated. People will begin to realize why they should continually question. They'll realize that there's a reason that those wacky CTers never took anything at face value. Everyone can do the things that we do, one of these big conspiracies being proven right only gives them a reason to see things the way we do.

Does that make sense? Because I'm not sure of my wording here. For instance, if the NWO came cracking down, and started shipping people off to camps, I wouldn't need to teach anyone how to see things the way I do, but the events coming to pass would show them the reason why I see things the way I do, and why they should look through the glass and not at it.

That rings a true bell.

The thing is that you say more observant but the actual thing is that we dont deny our own human curiosity.

That is all it really is at the end of the day.

Some will win, some will lose.

At least some tried to acknowledge their own thirst for knowledge and did not ignore it.

But maybe, just maybe some will prevail.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

new topics

top topics

join