It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Destroyers On The Move as North Korea Prepares Rocket Missile Launch!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, Absolutely they will blame us or Japan.
Even if it blows up on the pad......we will get the blame...so shoot the mother anyway!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

Well I say we should call little Kimmy's bluff!
Shoot it out of the sky!

I think he will realize that if he retaliates he wont have access to any more of the luxury items that he is use to like that evil johnny walker red scotch that he loves so much.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC
Almonds I dont get the reference. And I say good for our navy. we'll shoot the bastard down before it hits our soil^-^

Its hard to iterate ahmedinijine............I quess

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
OOoh ok I got the reference now. Thank you very much RW ^^. but I cant wait. Its like suzuran in this#

[edit on 2/4/2009 by SemperParatusRJCC]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Funny how it's now "America provoking another war".

IT used to be "Bush provoking another war".

Obama is still getting off the hook I see.

This is HIS call [snip].

Removed political muckraking comment

[edit on 4/4/09 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I didn't vote for Obama. I dont vote because it doesnt matter who we vote for whoever is elected is gonna [snip] this country up. I've lost faith in our government. I say drop the [ship] bomb and then storm N. Korea killing whatever [snip] thats still alive. Liberals Unite. Lets bring about a greater change in the world by blowing the hell out of N. Korea

Please read,from the Terms And Conditions Of Use:

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Obama is still getting off the hook I see.

This is HIS call you liberal fools.

Yeah he was at the helm when N Korea invaded the South back in the 50s

Yeah right every President has had to deal with N Korea wake up and pull your head out of dark places.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC
I didn't vote for Obama. I dont vote because it doesnt matter who we vote for whoever is elected is gonna [snip] this country up. I've lost faith in our government. I say drop the [snip] bomb and then storm N. Korea killing whatever [snip] thats still alive. Liberals Unite. Lets bring about a greater change in the world by blowing the hell out of N. Korea

It's nice to see someone of reality. I don't vote either and because of objectivity, those who are political fanatics believe we should be resigned to the mess they make. I feel more threatened or think I will suffer more because I am going to experience negative effects that i don't believe i set into motion. I see the plan is destructive and it seems to be a political joke.

Thier constituents lean on them to correct the mess and round and round it goes. We, who see this and abstain are caught in the middle. I just wish they would keep their suicide pacts in their own neighborhoods instead of threatening to kill all of the people in the world.

Removed profanity from quote

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

U.S. destroyers on move as N. Korea prepares rocket launch
]

That's a mighty serious situation. It's obvious that the White House decided to destroy the N. Korean missile upon launching. Otherwise the US would send cruisers and frigates to monitor the launch. But having sent out destroyers . . . well, this is it.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
11:50pm in North Korea. Another 12 hours before launch. Seems like perfect weather today.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Gouki]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gouki
11:50pm in North Korea. Another 12 hours before launch.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Gouki]

Did you mean "launch," or did you try to quote the skipper of one of the destroyers? "If those North Koreans start something, we will have them for lunch."

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
That's a mighty serious situation. It's obvious that the White House decided to destroy the N. Korean missile upon launching. Otherwise the US would send cruisers and frigates to monitor the launch. But having sent out destroyers . . . well, this is it.

Uhm......yeah. First off a cruiser is more powerful than a destroyer, and there is one on the Pacific side of Japan, USS Shiloh. So how is sending a MORE powerful ship LESS of a sign of it being serious?

Secondly, they wouldn't send a Frigate for several reasons. An FFG radar isn't capable of tracking ANY kind of missile like this for very long. Only a modified Aegis radar can, and the only ships that have the upgraded radars are the Ticonderoga cruisers and Arleigh Burke destroyers. The other reason they wouldn't send a Perry is that they can't handle the SM-3 required to hit a missile. If they could, they would have to fire and hand off control to an Aegis and hope the hand off went perfectly. If there was no Aegis near they couldn't even SEE let alone HIT the missile if they had to.

The Oliver Hazard Perry class ships (only FFGs in the Navy) don't even have missiles anymore now. They only have point defense systems for AAW. They used to have the SM-1MR but it outlived its life so the launcher was removed.

The ships that ARE there are only going to monitor the launch unless it looks like the missile will hit either Japan or Hawaii. If everything is going well they will let the missile go where it is going.

Sea of Japan:

USS Curtis Wilbur (DDG-54)
USS Stethem (DDG-63)

Pacific (East side of Japan):

USS Shiloh (CG-67)
USS Fitzgerald (DDG-62)

The chances of this being a communications satellite are pretty small in my opinion. The missile being used can't get high enough for a satellite to be in useful orbit. The orbit it would be in would put it out of line of sight for hours out of the day.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This thing could be harmless the only threat is that its a dud. 12 hours from now you'll see what ever it is will be over played. The chinese premier is urging calm because if it does go wayward over china there will be no N. Korea left to be concerned about.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Go! US Navy !

Knock down that baby!

Now back to your regular program.

I really do think though we should shoot it down and say plain and clear.

*No more games fool!!
(*voice of Mr. T)

NK needs to finally GET IT. That we ain't play their silly games.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join