It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Destroyers On The Move as North Korea Prepares Rocket Missile Launch!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

U.S. destroyers on move as N. Korea prepares rocket launch

www.cnn.com

As North Korea prepares for an expected rocket launch next month, the U.S. Navy says it is moving to the Sea of Japan ships capable of shooting down ballistic missiles.

The USS Chaffee is one of two destroyers headed to South Korea for an upcoming ceremony, the Navy said.

The ships, with powerful Aegis radar that can track ballistic missile launches, are on regularly planned deployments but are "prepared to track a launch or more, if afforded," according to a U.S. Navy official who could not be named because of the sensitivity of the information.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-3-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
As North Korea prepares to launch a missile, The U. S. Navy is moving to the Sea of Japan many ships capable of shooting down ballistic missiles. North Korea says it will launch a satellite on a missile somewhere imbetween April 4, and April 8th. If North Korea Launches a missile, the current Obama Administration could have as little as five minutes to make a decision on whether it is a threat, and decide to shoot it down.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Tokyo, Japan (AHN) - The U.S. Navy has deployed five vessels in the Sea of Japan that can intercept ballistic missiles as North Korea prepares to launch a rocket that will put a communications satellite in space.

The Japanese government, meanwhile, plans to shoot down any debris from the North Korean rocket before it falls in Japanese territory. Missile interceptors launched from land and its naval ships will be used to destroy debris in the air.

The mission of the five USN destroyers equipped with Aegis radar-guided missiles is unknown. But the U.S. government believes North Korea's rocket launch is a disguise to test fire a long-range ballistic missile. Two of the 7th Fleet vessels have left the Sasebo Port in Nagasaki on Wednesday while another destroyer left the Aomon Port Thursday afternoon heading for the Sea of Japan .

www.allheadlinenews.com...

[edit on 26-3-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I guess it's time for the Korean Peninsula to light up with the sparkles of exploded fragments of a alleged satellite launch.

We will have to wait to see the fireworks.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Its definetly not a threat. NKorea's longest range missle can only reach Alaska. Sara Palin will shoot it down with her wit.

Anyway, they are just saber rattling. A little look at me world, I'm relevent.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Its definetly not a threat. NKorea's longest range missle can only reach Alaska. Sara Palin will shoot it down with her wit.

Anyway, they are just saber rattling. A little look at me world, I'm relevent.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
they probably just want pay tv. a satellite will make it possible.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
excellent

just what a falling economy of a country needs
another war

and here people are commenting on Korea

I-N-S-A-N-I-T-Y

wake up people

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Although Obama is making himself into the world's most powerful WIMP! See John Wayne, Meet Stuart Smalley -- Obama Team Strikes Special Diplomatic Tone If he wants to work on a superhero image instead he should go ahead and shoot it down. The consequences would be small in the case of land locked and destitute North Korea. The only damage would be the Great Leader's ego!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I guess little Kimmy is so ronery.
He just wants attention

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm

Oh no - say it ain't so -
If we're depending on Sarah's wit to shoot it down...
were sunk -
or at least Alaska is..

[edit on 26-3-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
excellent

another war

I-N-S-A-N-I-T-Y

wake up people

You need to wake up buddy....war IS what we need to fix the economy!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Oh yeah, this is going to end well. A 5 minute window for this administration to make a decision on a problem it didn't inherit? Somehow I don't rest easy with that. Obama's administration will be happy to have something in the news besides the economy, who knows maybe he'll even get a laugh out of it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

If North Korea Launches a missile, the current Obama Administration could have as little as five minutes to make a decision on whether it is a threat, and decide to shoot it down.

The CO of any of the ships has both the right, and the duty to Intercept the Missile Launch, if they so perceive it as a threat to their Vessels or personnel. They do not need an order from the Commander-in-Chief if such a scenario takes place.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
excellent

another war

I-N-S-A-N-I-T-Y

wake up people

as all wars the "NWO" back both sides, and gain everything for it, they are itching to start WWIII they just have to find the right players to start it, hence Russia/Georgia Israel/Hamas.. and now North Korea...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Japan readies it's defence for North Korea rocket launch...

Japan on Friday ordered its military to prepare to intercept any dangerous debris that might fall on its territory if a missile launch planned by Pyongyang goes wrong.

Pyongyang has said that between April 4-8 it will launch a satellite, but regional powers believe the real purpose is to test its longest-range missile, the Taepodong-2. It has already positioned what is believed to be the missile on a launch pad.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Japan readies it's defence for North Korea rocket launch...

Japan on Friday ordered its military to prepare to intercept any dangerous debris that might fall on its territory if a missile launch planned by Pyongyang goes wrong.

Pyongyang has said that between April 4-8 it will launch a satellite, but regional powers believe the real purpose is to test its longest-range missile, the Taepodong-2. It has already positioned what is believed to be the missile on a launch pad.

www.reuters.com...

O.K. so its a wrap next week wwIII starts. If they intercept what ever it is then this is provocation for other "crazies" to attack others. It's not a question of the launch its of the response. If the U.S. and Japan believe it's threatening then the "crazies" believe its a threat. I think "almonds" would launch on Israel don't you?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Almonds I dont get the reference. And I say good for our navy. we'll shoot the bastard down before it hits our soil^-^

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
How can they tell the difference between fragments and the actual POS missile? They all look alike from here, Sir.
Ok, get 'em all then.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeptepi
How can they tell the difference between fragments and the actual POS missile? They all look alike from here, Sir.
Ok, get 'em all then.

Thats exactly how its going to happen.
Some of my friends joined the navy and they say their CO's are crazy mother #ers

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So what happens if their missile tanks for no other reason than being a POS?
And it flies apart from lack of quality oe engineering skills, Are they still going to blame us?

In other words if the thing falls apart are they going to cry foul?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join