It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1994 Nellis Test Range UFO - please debunk!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

In February 1995 the American TV show 'Hard Copy' broadcast a videotape showing an unidentified object flying over a North American military test range. Further footage was shown the following December on the 'Sightings' TV show.ref 1 The videotape had apparently been filmed by a high-tech Air Force surveillance camera at an undisclosed location within the Nellis Air Force Base Bombing and Gunnery Range Complex, Nevada (often referred to simply as the Nellis Test Range).

The videotape is said to have been smuggled out by contractor personnel who had operated tracking stations on the Nellis range. Copies of the videotape were sold to Paramount Studios (producers of 'Hard Copy' and 'Sightings') by a former Air Force employee who worked on the range, although apparently he had not witnessed the object himself.

Two sections of videotape showing the UFO have come to light. The first section was filmed from a location known as S-30, according to the camera's data display. This shows the object initially as an indistinct 'blob' flying in front of a distant mountain range, before it turns and heads towards the camera location. The camera operator struggles to keep the object within shot as it approaches, and it soon becomes clear that it cannot be identified. It looks similar to a blimp, but with four light-coloured 'lobes' and a dark region at the front. As it nears, it turns to face the tracking station for several seconds, as if performing some kind of surveillance, before it turns away and departs. The footage is of special importance because the voices of the camera operators at the tracking station can be heard on the noisy soundtrack. Their bewilderment at the unexpected appearance of the UFO is clearly audible. "What the hell is it?" one of them exclaims; "Where's it come from?" asks another.

The second section of footage was filmed some 40 minutes later, from camera location S-13. This shows the UFO as a small dot on the horizon, moving away from the tracking camera. Although it has less visual impact, the soundtrack to this section is important because the controllers are heard to simulate a missile launch on the object. It remains visible, however, eventually disappearing into the realm of mystery and speculation that surrounds the Nellis Range.

The footage has been studied by both UFO researchers & aviation experts alike, but to date no-one has been able to provide an explanation as to what the object is, how it is propelled or how it is able to perform the manoeuvres it is seen to do.

Having taken place inside the range, the most likely explanation for the UFO would seem to be that it was a top secret 'black project' which for some reason was allowed to fly in full view of the surveillance cameras. However, according to one anonymous source in the 'Sightings' programme, the camera operators are not exposed to such tests of new technologies, the camera lenses being capped and the equipment turned off during such occasions.

I have been interested in UFOs since a kid, but i have always remained a skeptic. However, there is this one single video (out of the thousands i must have seen) that stands out and just baffles me.

There have been a few threads before on ATS about this case that were all inconclusive. I hope it's ok to start a new one and shed some fresh light on it.

This case baffles me because it's just beyond any logic (in the way it shapeshift) and it's pretty obvious to me that the video itself is genuine. I dare to rule out CGI - i dont think anyone was capable of doing this in 1994 (except if you worked for pixar). Also, if you would master CGI, would you create something indescribable as this?

So it must be a real object - THEN WHAT THE HELL IS IT?

Here are some links for further research and lots of background info.

TV Show 'Sightings' about the Nellis case
Extensive study of the 1994 Nellis UFO footage
The Nellis UFO Video 'S-30' Transcript & Soundtrack
Methods, Analysis, Graphs, and Characteristics

And finally, here's the video

youtube direct link

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I always liked this one!!

Has Nellis ever admitted this was infact their video??

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This was just discussed like 3 days ago. Suggest a search.

Shut er down..

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
This was just discussed like 3 days ago. Suggest a search.

Shut er down..
As i wrote:

There have been a few threads before on ATS about this case that were all inconclusive. I hope it's ok to start a new one and shed some fresh light on it.

I just like to colect all the information in one thread. Also each time the nellis ufo is brought up in other threads it sparks interest. That's why i opened a new one.

[edit on 27/3/2009 by errorist]

top topics

join