It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90 Seconds from Catastrophe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I saw this article today, and it gives one great pause about adopting so many "modern conveniences."

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I watched it, and i'm still boggled?

Is it saying the only side effect from this is meteorites gaining greater entrance into the atmosphere? potentially our land?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Heck, a giant Tesla coil can knock out anything electronic.

The one Tesla built in Colorado was 125 ft high. I read it would have knocked out modern cell communication in a radius of 200KM.

EMPs, solar storms, comets, meteors, you name it we are an elephant balancing on the head of a pin and someone is tickling our *** with a feather.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I watched a whole Discovery Channel documentary about this... I think it was the sun's polarity reversing, it happens around every decade or so.

Basically they said that any transformers that weren't shut down would be wiped out, and there are only so many of these things made per year GLOBALLY... it could take a decade for everyone to get power back.

So politicians will need to make a call, if it is worth shutting down entire cities/states, maybe the entire country for a few days, in order to save potentially years of problems.

All I can say is, if you look up and see auroras, better start charging your batteries while you still can

Here is a scientist explaining it... watch how the dumbass news anchors laugh about it.

[edit on 3/26/2009 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Honest to god folks. Consider who produced this load of fear mongering crap. It was NASA for god's sake... one of the darkest little minions of the NWO crowd. NASA produces more garbage and goofy stories intended to distract us and to try to keep us in a state of fear than any other government branch I can think of. Personally, I'm not letting this BS distract me. I've still got my eye on the real target... figuring out the best way to stay alive over the next 10 years. And I'm sure as hell not afraid of 2012. In fact in January 2013 I'm gonna be fishing in the Caribbean and you're all welcome to join me, because you're all still gonna be here.

Pay no attention to this bull. If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen but either way it doesn't deserve a second thought (and it isn't gonna happen by the way). Stay focused on the real issues. This entire 2012 nonsense is simply that... absolute nonsense. Forget about it!

For centuries, politicians have ruled the masses by keeping them in a state of fear, and then offering protection from the non-existent boogie man. This is just more of the same old same old.

Relax, ok?

new topics

top topics

join