It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling him a 'true hero', mourners hold vigil for suspected Oakland cop killer Lovelle Mixon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Calling him a 'true hero', mourners hold vigil for suspected Oakland cop killer Lovelle Mixon

www.nydailynews.com

OAKLAND, Calif. - As the city prepares for a massive public funeral for four police officers slain in the line of duty, dozens took to the streets in a show of support for the man authorities say was their killer.

Organized by International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement, the march Wednesday evening took participants near a police substation within sight of the two locations where Lovelle Mixon allegedly shot the veteran officers before being slain himself.

Loved ones and supporters walked through the streets chanting, "OPD you can't hide, we charge you with genocide!" There were no officers patrolling the march route.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod edit: Fixed title, please use exact title of article.

[edit on 3/26/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Look what America has turn into. You have sick people in this country that are turning this low life Cop Killer into a Martyr. Those people in Oakland who have sympathy for this murder are sick low life bums. The group that organized the march (International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement) is a racist black nationalist group, so you know where they stand.

www.nydailynews.com

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoopkill

Look what America has turn into. You have sick people in this country that are turning this low life Cop Killer into a Martyr. Those people in Oakland who have sympathy for this murder are sick low life bums. The group that organized the march (International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement) is a racist black nationalist group, so you know where they stand.

www.nydailynews.com

A disgusting display? Yes. But no more disgusting than the Westboro Baptist freaks protesting military funerals and the neo nazis doing their thing in public. Freedom of speech and freedom to assemble are protected under the first amendment. So long as the group doesn't incite violence or turn violent themselves they aren't breaking any laws.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by scoopkill

I'm sorry,but I politely disagree. I'm not saying that what he did is right but I nor you know what this person went through with the police to bring him to what he did. Nor do I know what his supporters have lived through and I dont judge them. If the police are as corrupt there as they are where I live I wouldnt be suprised to have people chanting "OPD you cant hide, we charge you with genocide!" I also believe in freedom of speech.I think it is a sad situation and could have been handled better but I will not judge because I havent walked in their shoes.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeyourmind1111

I'm sorry,but I politely disagree. I'm not saying that what he did is right but I nor you know what this person went through with the police to bring him to what he did. Nor do I know what his supporters have lived through and I dont judge them. If the police are as corrupt there as they are where I live I wouldnt be suprised to have people chanting "OPD you cant hide, we charge you with genocide!" I also believe in freedom of speech.I think it is a sad situation and could have been handled better but I will not judge because I havent walked in their shoes.

True.

His actions are a direct product of his experience. And as soon as people realize that they'll start to ask why, instead of just sit back and gawk at the unfortunate outcome.

Do you think masses of people would have come out to support a guy who murdered 4 cops in a million dollar suburb? Of course not.

Why did masses of people come out to support a guy who killed the cops there? Because they are outraged at how the police has been acting, and accusing them of genocide seems like a lofty charge.

It's obvious that in the last year, I am sure that PD has killed several people that the public did not think should have been killed. Thus, a protest.

When will people start to look at both sides of the coin, before choosing a side and flipping it into the air.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I live in the Bay Area and have seen the fallout after last weekends tragedy that befell 4 of Oaklands finest and have to say this is only the beginning Oakland and Alameda County along with San Francisco have more parolees out among us on a daily basis!!!!

After the Oscar Grant shooting on New Years eve things in Oakland have been hot and the tension has been high now after this last weekend everything is down right hectic and scumbags like Lovelle Mixom have been looking for a reason to start this kind of crap!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Didn't we already learn this with Waco? What happened thanks to that government sponsered attack? OKC.

Now we have a transit cop shoot someone in cold blood in the back while laying on the ground and people are shocked this crook shot up 4 police officers? I don't like barbaric behavior either, nor do I condone violence upon anyone, but people that live on the streets see themselves as victims of agressive police and behave in completely irrational ways.

They had a warrent to arrest him, so he should have just turned himself in and this never would have happened. It was the kids fault and he acted out his perception of justice probably after thinking about the person that was murdered the other month by the police officer that accidentally discharged his weapon.

But since tha planet can't breath and we are dying from global warming you'd think people would be celebrating and cheering for total armageddon to get rid of all the useless feeders, afterall don't they want to reduce the population to 300 million? In that case you are going to need more guns and more of them in everybody's hands to save the environment, and you might as well legalize drugs so more people will take harder stuff and overdose in order to save the planet.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It seems people do not like what they are seeing with many agencies overstepping their authority. You can only push a person so far before it all boils over into something violent.

Entry teams with all black outfits with faces hidden under balaclavas carrying machine guns with no knock warrants killing innocents accidentally sends a very dark message to the public.

Peace Officers should be just that. Those who keep the peace, not those who enforce by gun in your face intimidation.

No knock raids used to be a rare thing, but now it seems all warrants are no knock raids. Sadly they also no-knock the wrong houses and accidentally kill an innocent person before they realize it was the wrong house.

What can yo expect people to do? Be happy that you shot their dad accidentally for no reason other than a zero tolerance policy against treating others like human beings with rights?

I'm not saying that there aren't those who deserve a no-knock raid, but it should be for the extreme cases, not the general rule.

I may not agree with what the protesters are saying, but I can understand WHY they are saying it.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by xman_in_blackx]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I feel for the cop’s families. I feel for all the families involved. I wish it didn’t happen. I ask myself why it happened.

As the article states there is frustration between the community and police. I don’t believe Mixon is a good example, but he fought back and I think that’s what they are looking at.

We put people in jail. We have one of the highest jail populations on the planet. Not every one in jail should be in jail.

There has been a recent spat of jailers not feeding inmates. Inmates are beaten and raped at an alarming rate. US prisons make Abu Ghraib look like a country club. Where do you think the guards got their training?

90 percent of inmates will be released back to the streets. So we take a non-violent offender put him in jail, starve, beat, gang rape him, if he lives he gets out on parole or probation. A condition is paying a monthly fee and employment or he goes back to jail. But the state has ridiculous conditions on what jobs he can do. People are prejudice so he can’t find employment. Do you think he believes he should be raped for possession of a controlled substance? This once non-violent offender is now a psychopath coming to a neighborhood near you.

Don’t worry; sleep soundly knowing that when he snaps and victimizes a family member if he is taken alive, the politicians who own the private prison complexes will make a few dollars.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I do fear that the day is coming soon when ordinary citizens will HAVE to shoot cops - or whomever else - to survive. Scary notion. We do live in very interesting times, which would be the understatement of the decade or so. I hope it doesn't come to that.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

We agree for once. A celebration should be held for days.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx
It seems people do not like what they are seeing with many agencies overstepping their authority. You can only push a person so far before it all boils over into something violent.

Entry teams with all black outfits with faces hidden under balaclavas carrying machine guns with no knock warrants killing innocents accidentally sends a very dark message to the public.
[edit on 26-3-2009 by xman_in_blackx]

What planet do you reside in my friend?

This guy just killed two cops and your crying about the swat team guys ,that were sent in to get him because of it, wearing masks and battle gear. I dunno man, I guess you think they should run in in to some guys house that just killed two cops in their shorts and t-shirts and give him a big ol' hug.

What your talking about has nothing to do with this. The guy was a worthless criminal who murdered 4 people so that he could escape the consequences of his lifestyle. And now a bunch of lowlife morons are claiming hes a hero and just not giving a **** how badly they are hurting those men's families who in no way deserve that.

Sure they have the right to free speech, but that doesn't change the fact that they are total scum of the earth ***holes.

Some of you guys on here just blow me away man, it's so insane that it's fascinating...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Well, if it's anything like when and where i grew up, then chances are the people in the streets protesting are completely fed up with losing friends and family to killer cops. I know i was, and it almost came down to me handcuffed vs. crooked cop deathmatch.

Fortunately i was still able to hold him off long enough and made enough of a scene to gather a small crowd of witnesses. I made it perfectly clear that i refused to get in his car, and made him call backup so there were more cops there in the hope that one of the cops would be a supervisor, or higher ranking officer. I got lucky and got a ride to jail from a cop that didn't rob, beat, or kill me.

I wasn't worried because once i got booked before he could pull strings, the fake warrant he issued wasn't entered in time and he was left trying to explain how he arrested me on a warrant that didn't exist. I was out within an hour with no warrants and no loss of blood.

Some of my friends who are no longer here or no longer free because of cop injustice weren't so lucky. I've been robbed before by cops, or at least they tried, at gunpoint, but i had nothing on me so i just got roughed up good, pistolwhipped, and one cop was threatening to blast me, with his gat about 6 inches from my face, trying to be a badass thug.

If it's anything like it was where i came from, and i have a feeling oakland 5-0 is probably as bad or worse, then i could easily see a high probability that there is gross injustice and what amounts to genocide. I saw how absolutely sick, twisted, and crooked these thugs can be.

Shooting cops isn't a solution, but in some cases it's down to kill or be killed.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
As stated in other posts, it's sad when so many people have to die in a 'civilized' society in such a manner. My sympathies to all families involved.

I would like to question whether or not the parolee had in fact registered his fire arms. If he had followed proper procedure his weapon(s) would have been properly registered.

Also, If they knew who they were pulling over in the first place; officers are required to keep a safe distance from suspects when confronting someone that is suspected of stealing a car on upwards; Directing them onto the pavement with weapons drawn. I would suspect that they didn't know who they were dealing with or they didn't suspect him of a serious violation (their threshold for drawing weapons is 'suspected stolen car'.) or worst case is that the officers knew who they were dealing with AND they intended to harass him beyond legality.

In any event...

In typical Californian sarcasm: If the suspect had registered his firearms as federal and state laws require, none of this would have happened. Am I the only one that has noticed this?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

we charge you with genocide

USA is a sick nation with sick people who wage genocide on the poor and needy of the world like Iraq,AIDS virus created by USA,rockefeller-bush building nazis etc. . USA is increasingly becoming fascist and danger to mankind

Westboro Baptist freaks protesting military funerals

Westboro baptist are right , God hates USA and he is going to destroy it

[edit on 27-3-2009 by sadchild01]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I am all for freedom of speech but personally this makes me sick.
It burns me that this guy killed several Officers and now to some he is some type of Martyr.

It’s ironic that these same people will call on the Police to save them for ANY little reason.

Are there bad Cops? You bet. a ton of them as a matter a fact but the are vastly outnumbered by the good ones.
All one has to do under present conditions to avoid problems with the Police is to exercise common sense.

The bad cops can all burn for all I care as too many good Men have died in their uniforms for America to tolerate bad Cops.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

Geez, can you heap a bit more America Hate into your posts, or is it just early for you?

Anyway, back on track. I support freedom of speech, but like the Westboro idjits, don't come crying to the cops when some other citizen decides your screaming of "genocide" about a cop killer pisses them off.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I think that the Organization should have picked a different individual to represent thier frustration with the Police Department in Oakland.

Lovelle Mixon is being hailed as a hero who fought against the system, even though he was a felon and did six years for gun and assault charges. He broke parole and just last friday, 2 days before the murder of the four officers, his DNA was matched to the brutal rape of a 12 year old girl he dragged off the street at gunpoint in broad daylight. He is now linked to at least 4 other rapes. As a convicted felon each gun he possesed was a felony in and of itself.

This criminal deserves no sympathy from any group and to hold him up as some sort of martyr/hero is rediculous.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The same people on ATS will come and whine about the poor innocents getting killed in Afghanistan and Gaza and wherever and then show no pity at all for cops getting killed while doing their job and stereotype them as abusing their power or being racist. Absolutely disgusting.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
When will people start to look at both sides of the coin, before choosing a side and flipping it into the air.

How about when the guy who has been killed did not previously drag a 12 year old girl off the street at gunpoint and forcibly rape her (and probably 5 others) before then murdering 4 of the police officers who were trying to stop him.

What kind of messed up individual could suggest that there is "another side" to that particular coin?

<<   2 >>

join