It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Paranormal Townhouse, and now they`re messing with my baby girl!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I guess I'll start off with all the occurences that have lead me to believe that our townhouse unit is haunted. (In some cronilogical order)

When I first started talking to my fiancee of 2 yrs, she would tell me she thought the house was haunted. I believed her with an open mind to skeptism since there are neighbours on both sides of her. Now when I started living there I would hear odd noises, but would always try to find a logical explanation.
1)
I started to notice a pattern living with her and her encounters. Everytime her 5 year old daughter would wake up all disoriented we'd put her back to bed, and later that night she would see a spirit/ghost/anomally. Well about a month in we had one of those nights, and my fiancee comes jumping into bed. I start rubbing her arm trying to comfort her when I saw a golden like glow that looked like Cousin It from the Adamms Family. Of course I freaked out and did what I've seen on t.v and read in books and spoke to the spirit, and surprisingly was left alone for awhile.
2)
In this instance I should have taken pictures and really really wish I had, since I discovered this website 6 months later. I have alot of witnesses but it does me no good here. Anyways I look out my back window to see these foot prints in the snow that were about a size 12. Similar to cowboy boots that start in the middle of our backyard and walk right to my back door. No back tracking, no nothing.
3)
My fiancee walks into her 2 1/2 year old daughters bedroom (she is now almost 4), and she asks her mom where the man with the baby went (she said it was a "boy baby") . At this time we had just discovered we were having my first biological child and our families 3rd girl (Ya for me!! :lol
. We didn`t know at the time but we were originally pregnant with twins(a boy and a girl), she had miscarried the boy two weeks into the pregnancy leaving me wondering if the baby that our other daughter saw was the other twin. To this day she still remembers and talks about the "man with the boy baby" but has no fear of him. The 4 yr old has also seen a lady in white with a baby girl floating over our fireplace, but she doesn't like her at all. It has been a while since she has seen her.
4)
This incident was more recent, 2 months ago. We came home from shopping and I went down to the basement to put away the groceries. I saw a ski pole laying on the ground which was stored in the rafters and had no way of coming down without assistance. I make sure of this since I have little ones running around. I showed my fiancee and we then went upstairs and sat in quiet while she breastfed our daughter. (our other daughters were at there dad's house that night.). That's when I heard a door clicking closed upstairs. I quickly grabbed a kitchen knife and went upstairs calling out to any possible kid hiding so no horrible accident could happen, but if it was a crack-head I was ready. Of course it was nothing. (windows were closed as it was winter, so the draft idea is out the window
I made a funny)
5)
On March 20th my fiancee heard our 5 month old daughter breathing funny on the monitor. So I bolt upstairs and into her room leaving the main light off since the night light was on and bright enough. I look into her crib to see her breathing extremely fast in and out in different rhythms, her limbs were straight out and stiff, and her eyes were WIDE open with a staring glaze similar to a blind eye focused on the ceiling. The first 2 or 3 seconds I stared not knowing what to make of her and then quickly picked her up and started bouncing her slightly in my arms and she loosened up and I laid her back down and her breathing was fine and she went back to sleep. I tell it as her first nightmare to most people, but I wonder sometimes with all that has happened in this house what that was all about.

An interesting fact though is that we live approximately 500 to 800 feet away from an abandoned hotel that is registered as a haunted building on the internet. It is in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. I'm sure if you google it you'll find it.

Here is a google look of it, it is located at the corner of King Street and Fountain Street. (or highway 8 and 28). The building has a new red roof, but the renovations stopped when the developers ran out of money. Beautiful old building. Sorry I wasn`t sure how to do a screen shot, it`s the large building on the corner with a bright red roof.
wiki.worldflicks.org...=(43.40003921753238,%20-80.36943733692169)&z=18

Either way I'm curious to hear if anyone knows people that take matters like this serious, and will come out and look into the haunting. Our neighbours say they never experience anything wierd in their units, and my fiancee has grown up here ever since they built the complex, 22 yrs ago.

I'm not religious but do believe in God and that there were messengers possibly even named Jesus. I have been considering baptising our new baby but it feels a little hypocritical. Any thoughts?

[edit on 11/13/07 by Spaxz]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
whew .... thats a hot spot!

I believe you .... I have experienced 4 or 5 situations in my lifetime that are right out of Steven King books myself ...

maybe get the place blessed .....

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If you can stand the TV time, I would call Ghost Hunters of TAPS. They seem to be genuinely interested when a child is involved. I have never seen a ghost and therefore am not sure they exist, but enough people see something that there is a better chance than not they exist IMHO. One of the things TAPS does is put cameras up to try to catch any visible evidence. You might want to invest in a small DVR and camera setup and leave it running for a few weeks to see if you can come up with video evidence. Not that that will make the scary stuff go away, but might prove your not 100% nuts. (at least to yourself)
Good luck and please keep us informed if you come up with any pictures. They also use digital tape recorders to find what is called EVP (electronic voice phenominon) Check out an ephisode or two.

Mike

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

I really dont know what you should do, I have 8 children that live with my husband and I and we experience things like this a lot in our home. Our home is very old and has a lot of history. When my house is empty and everyone is off doing their own thing I burn sage through out my house(which I think smells awful) and say a little prayer. That always seems to quiet things down for a bit but it always starts again sooner or later, usually later. I know that in my area there are a group of "ghost hunters" based out of a local college. I've never used their services though.You might want to search around for one in your area. To me it is a little unnerving but they are not harmful thus far and I dont worry so much about it. I hope everything works out for you and your family, Im sorry I cant be more helpful. Good luck!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Get an EMF detector and check for EMF fields close to any electrical appliances (especially old ones) and sockets and along the walls where the wires may run. Doing this has solved the haunting problems for two of my friends.

How's the wiring in your house? Any frayed wires or electrical sockets/boxes that aren't wired correctly or that you're still working on? Try to see if you can find out if any aluminum electrical wiring was used anywhere in the house instead of copper. Are there any open containers of chemicals in the house or in the garage or something where the air flow could bring it into the house? Things like paint, paint thinner, glue, primer, or anything like that? Double check the basement for all these things too.

Get a few carbon monoxide detectors. Check every room in the house just to be safe. I was/am eventually going to get around to posting a thread about all the hauntings I've seen, but for now let me just say that it all stopped as soon as my dad rewired the whole house and we found out cars in the garage could leak CM into the house.

Is your house around any limestone?

If you really are seeing real ghosts, you can always call in a priest. Even if you don't believe in it that doesn't mean the spirits don't. So, sometimes that works too to get them out of your house.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I will bite at this as i normally dont, but since you have children involved I will try to help.

The cheapest way you can find out if more things are going on is to buy a digital recorder and leave it running and play it back to see if you pick anything up over night.

If you have the money available HD DVRs and minis are great to use as well. I have been investagating paranormal activities for 13 years but only locally and I am nowhere near you

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spaxz
I guess I'll start off with all the occurences that have lead me to believe that our townhouse unit is haunted. (In some cronilogical order)

When I first started talking to my fiancee of 2 yrs, she would tell me she thought the house was haunted. I believed her with an open mind to skeptism since there are neighbours on both sides of her. Now when I started living there I would hear odd noises, but would always try to find a logical explanation.
1)
I started to notice a pattern living with her and her encounters. Everytime her 5 year old daughter would wake up all disoriented we'd put her back to bed, and later that night she would see a spirit/ghost/anomally. Well about a month in we had one of those nights, and my fiancee comes jumping into bed. I start rubbing her arm trying to comfort her when I saw a golden like glow that looked like Cousin It from the Adamms Family. Of course I freaked out and did what I've seen on t.v and read in books and spoke to the spirit, and surprisingly was left alone for awhile.
2)
In this instance I should have taken pictures and really really wish I had, since I discovered this website 6 months later. I have alot of witnesses but it does me no good here. Anyways I look out my back window to see these foot prints in the snow that were about a size 12. Similar to cowboy boots that start in the middle of our backyard and walk right to my back door. No back tracking, no nothing.
3)
My fiancee walks into her 2 1/2 year old daughters bedroom (she is now almost 4), and she asks her mom where the man with the baby went (she said it was a "boy baby") . At this time we had just discovered we were having my first biological child and our families 3rd girl (Ya for me!! :lol
. We didn`t know at the time but we were originally pregnant with twins(a boy and a girl), she had miscarried the boy two weeks into the pregnancy leaving me wondering if the baby that our other daughter saw was the other twin. To this day she still remembers and talks about the "man with the boy baby" but has no fear of him. The 4 yr old has also seen a lady in white with a baby girl floating over our fireplace, but she doesn't like her at all. It has been a while since she has seen her.
4)
This incident was more recent, 2 months ago. We came home from shopping and I went down to the basement to put away the groceries. I saw a ski pole laying on the ground which was stored in the rafters and had no way of coming down without assistance. I make sure of this since I have little ones running around. I showed my fiancee and we then went upstairs and sat in quiet while she breastfed our daughter. (our other daughters were at there dad's house that night.). That's when I heard a door clicking closed upstairs. I quickly grabbed a kitchen knife and went upstairs calling out to any possible kid hiding so no horrible accident could happen, but if it was a crack-head I was ready. Of course it was nothing. (windows were closed as it was winter, so the draft idea is out the window
I made a funny)
5)
On March 20th my fiancee heard our 5 month old daughter breathing funny on the monitor. So I bolt upstairs and into her room leaving the main light off since the night light was on and bright enough. I look into her crib to see her breathing extremely fast in and out in different rhythms, her limbs were straight out and stiff, and her eyes were WIDE open with a staring glaze similar to a blind eye focused on the ceiling. The first 2 or 3 seconds I stared not knowing what to make of her and then quickly picked her up and started bouncing her slightly in my arms and she loosened up and I laid her back down and her breathing was fine and she went back to sleep. I tell it as her first nightmare to most people, but I wonder sometimes with all that has happened in this house what that was all about.

An interesting fact though is that we live approximately 500 to 800 feet away from an abandoned hotel that is registered as a haunted building on the internet. It is in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. I'm sure if you google it you'll find it.

Here is a google look of it, it is located at the corner of King Street and Fountain Street. (or highway 8 and 28). The building has a new red roof, but the renovations stopped when the developers ran out of money. Beautiful old building. Sorry I wasn`t sure how to do a screen shot, it`s the large building on the corner with a bright red roof.
wiki.worldflicks.org...=(43.40003921753238,%20-80.36943733692169)&z=18

Either way I'm curious to hear if anyone knows people that take matters like this serious, and will come out and look into the haunting. Our neighbours say they never experience anything wierd in their units, and my fiancee has grown up here ever since they built the complex, 22 yrs ago.

I'm not religious but do believe in God and that there were messengers possibly even named Jesus. I have been considering baptising our new baby but it feels a little hypocritical. Any thoughts?

[edit on 11/13/07 by Spaxz]

Wouldn't hurt to baptize her, From what I remember hearing children have a protective aura about them until a certain age until they lose their innocence. So I wouldn't worry too much, but if you think whatever this thing is specifically targeting the children, might be a wise idea to get the place blessed. Talk to a local pastor or a priest, or you can go with the new age approach and find someone to come do a passing over ritual, to help whoever is around finally find some peace. Even though most of the incidents you mention do lead to signs of poltergeist activity, there are certain things that will lead for sure. Any strange noises, like footsteps, doors opening, items being moved, feeling of being watched when no one is around (this one is very common with poltergeist activity). You also mention seeing an apparition one day. That's probably your best evidence. Whatever the case maybe, figure out what you want to do and deal with it. The EVP recording thing might sound like a good idea, but its going to verify what you already know. The question is once you acknowledge its there, what do you want to do? Do you feel you can co-exist with this thing? Does it give off malicious intent? Do you want to get rid of it? Maybe it might be a relative or deceased family member who has come back just to check on things...that has been known to happen.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
If children are involved, I'd suggest that you start looking for a new place and move out.
This kind of experience can be very traumatic and can stay with a kid for a long time afterward. So the less exposure time, the better.

join