It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital TV conversion conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This video really creeps me out . Can anyone debunk this as fraud. If this is true then basically it means that we are all visually tracked and stalked by our own Government ?! I admit I always had questions when this conversion was taking place as to why , but i never suspected this .

Sorry if this has already been posted

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Tazmek]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
As i have worked in the field ... Can it be done ? Probability is gaining.. Is it done right now ? I would very well lean towards no..

Its very restricted on what it would take, for it all to work as one.. HDMI advancements Have been progressing, so they can transfer information back and forth to different devices ... AKA Samsung sported WISE link and the such which if the TV is turned on, another device will turn on inretrospec to eliminate remotes ... Needless to say everyone turns the dam thing off.

But if people are still fooling with older DVI/Component Cords ... that ever being done will be shot to hell. Leaving the term, upgradeing might not always be better.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
no one lines and absolutely no t&c circumvention.

post edited out by spiderj

spiderj

[edit on 3/26/2009 by Spiderj]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
"Your TV screen Is the camera!"

My television is so old I think it was invented before the camera!!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
debunked here.

Well yes I agree it could be used in some nefarious way but on the other hand how many times when doing a webcam conversation do you end up staring upwards to the camera. Looking directly at the screen will make it appear more normal.

Use in Video Games is also a benefit.

NWO, I dont think so unless the governments start upgrading all our TV sets too. I dont mean just to new digtal TV sets these screens need different layout of the pixels like the 3d TVs recently shown in shows.

The next question is to ask how this information is to be returned to base? Cable TV is 2way in its very nature. Satellite TV is 1 way and needs another return path. FTA digital TV over a ariel needs a return path also.

Either way none of the above are in use in such a way in a widespread manor to allow a NWO group to abuse it imo.

It is illegal in some places to monitor customer usage patterns directly however I know you can monitor usage via the billing system and the ECM (elec tronic control message) for encyption methods.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Remember Yin/Yang -- it's a tool that works both ways. To our advantage as well as theirs. Great for misleading them.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There are more verifiable things to worry about than some techno-scare bibble babble.

Monitoring millions of people sitting in front of their tv's would require a data pipeline so huge it would be impractical, not to mention installation of monitoring pick up centers spread all over the place.

But if people are that worried....simply...turn it off! Unplug it! Throw it away!

Read a good book!!!

Oh wait...someone will say your book is chipped too.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Ah yes, just yesterday I reading this piece on DTV. I didn't have time to read it all but the intro itself is pretty compelling stuff.

www.informationliberation.com...

Note: The digital conversion has been "delayed" until the arbitrary date of June 12th Expect for the date to continue to be delayed, the arbitrary setting of a final date is a scare tactic to get people to comply. Make no mistake, the threat of people NOT having television, as this article talks about, is too great for the powers that be to risk.

This technology is about to be used, albeit in a more subtle fashion, against American citizens in a highly classified and covert operation to mind control and manipulate the entire population into 'compliance' with our New World order overlords. The technology will utilize a combination of HAARP transmitters, GWEN towers, microwave cell phone towers, and the soon-to-be-mandatory High Definition Digital TV that will enter your home via: a) cable, b) satellite, c) HD TVs, or d) those oh-so-easy-to-obtain "digital converter boxes" that the government is so anxious to help you obtain and underwrite most of the cost on your behalf.

Why is the government so eager to pay for you to get a clearer picture?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

Well not to burst anyone's fear bubble, but digital TV has been transmitting since 2000.

The "cut off date" is simply for the TV broadcasters to shut off the analog transmitter.

The converter box is for those people who do not subscribe to a paid TV service....nothing more...nothing less.

If everyone is soooo worried about government monitoring you...then you need to throw away your cell phones, your iPod's, your Blackberry's, your computers, your internet connection, your cordless phones, your "On-Star" in your vehicles, your GPS navigators, and never ever step in front of ANY ATM, or walk into ANY store ANYWHERE.

Why would the government want to rely on 2 percent of converter boxes in the masses to monitor everyone when there is already in place, plenty of devices they can use right now, and could have been, for the last 10 years????

Dont ingore it...think about it!!!

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

join