It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bikies 'calling in reinforcements'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Bikies 'calling in reinforcements'

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

SYDNEY'S bikie gangs are flying in reinforcements from overseas and stockpiling weapons amid growing tension between criminal groups, a senior member said.

A source with a confessed criminal history and links to motorcycle gangs, who asked to remain anonymous, has told ABC radio of an escalating violent turf war between Sydney's bikie gangs.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well, I don't know if this is true or not but it certainly fits with the spiralling violence here in Australia. For the last few weeks shootings have been pretty common.

The bikie said the recent bombing of a Hells Angel Club at Petersham, in Sydney's inner west, was just a test of bomb-making capacity.

He said that bikies had been stealing cars to use in a spate of drive-by shootings.

In one shooting incident, two males inside a western Sydney house were injured as six were sprayed with bullets.

In response to Mr Hawi's proposed meeting of the bikie gang hierarchy, NSW Premier Nathan Rees said neither he, nor police, were going to sit back and allow gang leaders to sort out their own problems.

The high-level bikie meeting "probably should have happened some time ago", Mr Rees said.

Following Sunday's airport killing, NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione told bikies that if they "want to act like terrorists, we'll deal with them like they're terrorists".

Canadian-based international bikie expert William Marsden said it's not unusual for clubs to call for back-up from their overseas affiliates when so called "bikie wars" escalate.

"It was known that the Bandidos, for instance, came to Canada to try and organise and strengthen their associate clubs against the Hell's Angels," Mr Marsden told the ABC.

I hope they get this under control, but I sure hope they don't even think about military intervention.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Bikies. That's a cute term. I can't imagine calling an Outlaw, a Dayton's Satans, a Hell's Angel, a Warlock, or a Mongol and many other MC gangs, "bikies", here in the U.S. That would bring on a whole lotta whoop a$$ on me. Just saying. Anyway, interesting post about bikies being flown in from other countries. These guys and their women have a whole other attitude than citizens about law and order. Hey, if they are using cars for drive-bys, shouldn't they be called caries? I remember well in Cincinnati a group of Daytons Satans attacking a Cincinnati MC clubhouse. They didn't use cars. They rode their bikes around and around the house, shooting into the house, while using just one hand to control their bikes. The funeral of one of the guys in the house that was killed was particularly interesting. When the casket was lowered into the ground, the members all pulled out handguns and shot the hell out of the casket in honor of their dead brother. I was friends with this gang and one of the brothers had a house on a hill, surrounded by thick brush filled with thorns. The only easy way to the house was right in front and he had a 50 calliber machine gun sitting in the upstairs front window, locked and loaded for a visit by an unwanted person. I would never have used the term "bikies" then and not now. Just saying.........

new topics

join