It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best bug out bag for me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm in the market for a new bug out bag, but I'm not sure what type to go for...

I need one that will hold my supplies of course but I also have a rifle (my avatar) and a shotgun that I would like to incorporate into it.

Any ideas on the type of bag and/or where to get it from?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You might want to check out the Camel Back packs from Ranger Joes. I use one and really like it. That being said I'm not carrying another long gun in my pack, but do have a sectional fishing rod in a tube on one side and small limb ax on the other. So a shotty might work hanging off the side.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have been looking at getting one of the backpack style rifle bags to go with my BOB. Link Here I have not gotten around to getting one yet, but I think that it would make transporting a rifle or shotgun much easier. The other setup that I have seen people use is to attach their rifle to the side of their bag with molle loops and velcro straps.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If you have allot of heavier items for your bag or just allot of stuff,I would sugest a GI molle 2 pack..I have one from my time in and has served me well..With the external frame I attached something like this,www.cheaperthandirt.com... on my left side and holds a cut down 870 nicely..
on the other you could rig something like this for your AR..www.cheaperthandirt.com...
the molle packs can be had pretty cheep and you can build them as needed..

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Good links folks, that'd make a good bag for a fold-down crossbow / bow too.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

I have to agree with Redpillblues' idea. What i have is a standard tactical vest with hydration pouch and molle pack. It carries everything i need and leaves my hands free for my weapon. I also have a drop-leg platform with a 6-mag pouch for extra 30 round mags.

Something else if that's not what you want is a cabelas alaskan II back pack.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Anuubis]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
comfort rules. Internal frame pack medium size like a weekender backpacker type. dark Navy blue so you don't stick out as a survivalist that might be toting a gun but that also lets people know you know what you are doing. Kind of hard to hide that gun though but it will fit.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroid
comfort rules. Internal frame pack medium size like a weekender backpacker type. dark Navy blue so you don't stick out as a survivalist that might be toting a gun but that also lets people know you know what you are doing. Kind of hard to hide that gun though but it will fit.

Thats why i like my tactical vest. It distributes the weight evenly and is very comfortable. And at the same time it's not too bulky like a big pack on your back would be. All your gear sit's closer to the body so less chance it will snag on something if you have to go through bushes to avoid being detected.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Wow, those are some pretty good links guys, I'm liking all of them... I don't currently have the MOLLE vest, I do like the one for the shotgun. I don't have a tactical shotgun though, I got a 28" break open over-under 12 gauge but I think I can fit it in there. May have to do some customizing though.

I like the bag for the rifle but it seems like it would interfere with other stuff I may have on my back, I'll have to check it out in person.

I was looking online and saw this tactical sling I thought it looked pretty nice, does anyone have any experience with these?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Blackhawk is the best. A little more expensive than most, but worth the money.

blackhawk.com...

This is the one i have on my Mini-14. I have a tapco tactical stock on it.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
MIL-TEC BJR-075 Tactical vest

This is what I want for my next BOB.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k
MIL-TEC BJR-075 Tactical vest

This is what I want for my next BOB.

That would be a BOV- bug out vest

This is like the one i have.

www.cheaperthandirt.com...

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Anuubis]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
LOL yea, but you ave to admit that it would be pretty nice to have all that room, plus a camelback, in one unit, then throw a decent MOLLE bag on the back of it, and you're set!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

This:

With this:

And one similar to this except it hooks directly to the vest:

And one of these:

With one of these on it:

That is my BOV.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I have the molle I like it. I also use a pack that is designed for carrying skis. They are internal frames. They have pockets on the side that a stock will fit in to with adjustable quick release straps up the side, It carries two firearms with a lot of gear comfortably.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

You're making me jealous.
I seriously need to start saving.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k
reply to post by Anuubis

You're making me jealous.
I seriously need to start saving.

My entire set-up only cost me $150. I got most of it from cheaper than dirt. The vest itself i got from my local Army/Navy store but they have the same onefor the same price in the CTD catalog.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan
I'm in the market for a new bug out bag, but I'm not sure what type to go for...

I need one that will hold my supplies of course but I also have a rifle (my avatar) and a shotgun that I would like to incorporate into it.

Any ideas on the type of bag and/or where to get it from?

Over on Zombie Squad forum they have recently been discussing Rucksacks with compartments for carrying rifles and Carbines, they covered it in great depth, I think it could be worth you popping over to check it out, I think it was also recently covered on EDC forums as well.
NR

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Oh nice, those are pretty sweet... not to expensive either, always a plus.

Thanks for the tip Northern Raider I'll be checking those out real soon.

new topics

top topics

join